Sooooo ... The Starks?

Ned Stark's Ghost

Am I the only one who does not care about a Stark comeback? Yes, maybe I am.

I care for some characters who happen to be be Starks, I love Arya, I am invested into Bran's story and Jon is one of my favorite protagonists. I may have some issues with undead Cat but still am hooked. And I have no reason to wish a bad fate to Rickon or Sansa so far.

But these characters I love for their own sake, because they are well written and I got hooked. The whole concept of rooting for a certain house as a whole because they are the good guys means to expect generalization instead of literary subtlety. A flat good heroes vs bad villains concept.

So no, I do not care if House Stark is reinstalled in Winterfell or if the family as a whole gets its revenge.

What I am very much invested in are my favorite persons or unpersons and their fate. And I do not see any reason why I should root for Starks and not for Lannisters, for Arya and Rickon more than for Myrcella and Tommen. Have Starks really been built up by Martin to be the suffering heroes who get rewarded in the end, getting Winterfell back like Cinderella gets her prince? The cheesy reward to Martin's faithful readers? Or will there be individuals in the end who find their way if they survive, like it will happen to other proagonists as well.

I do not want the hero group that is easy to identify.

forgot to mention my belief that cold hands is benjen stark ...

Im certain Benjen Stark is NOT Coldhands, unless Benjen has been undead and living like a human for a few hundred years.

Coldhands is probably the dude who got his throat cut witha bronze sickle under the heart tree by the white haired woman in Bran's tree visions.

I am a hardcore Stark loyalist. I want them (especially Jon) to end up on the throne (The Iron throne or as the King of Winter) powerful and take their revenge from everyone who had wronged them: Targs, Boltons, Freys, Lannisters, Westerlings etc.

Im certain Benjen Stark is NOT Coldhands, unless Benjen has been undead and living like a human for a few hundred years.

Coldhands is probably the dude who got his throat cut witha bronze sickle under the heart tree by the white haired woman in Bran's tree visions.

:agree: or maybe the Night's king?

I agree with Woman of War. I am far more invested in the character's personal paths than I am with a reunion. Yes I would like for their paths to cross and for them to know that they are all still alive, but I don't want them all back in Winterfell. If life would have played out as their parents planned them all of them would have been spread across the seven kingdoms anyways. I would like to see them do damage as a unit from seperate places, but still be united as a family.

As far as Winterfell goes, "there must always be a stark in Winterfell" has always stuck with me. There isn't one there now but we need one there. I think Rickon will be perfect. Osha will make the perfect mentor for him, knowing his high birth and that he is supposed to rule, she will help him turn that anger and rage and hostility into skills as a warrior. He will still be reckless when he gets back but i think the north rallying behind him will help him in years to come.

I believe Stannis is going to triumph over the Freys and Boltons, but eventually Martin is going to kill him.

I highly doubt that Bran is going to be able to leave the cave physically, but I think he will find a way to do some damage from where he is.

Arya is my wildcard. The only reason I see her finishing her training is because of her determination, HOWEVER my brain tells me that she wont. As a warg she cannot completely get rid of her identity and I think the kindly man knows about the wolf dreams and what they are. Something will happen that will get her sent away and she will return to Westeros. I'm still not entirely sure on the details between though, how she gets to Westeros (Justin Massey?), or what she does once she is here. (The idea of the Starks having a personal assassin does sound amazing!)

SANSA!!! My sweet sweet Sansa. Sansa irritated my nerves for a LONG time. It really pleases me that she is finally starting to see reality and actually want to know how the game works. Littlefinger's scheming around her is going to backfire because he isn't going to realize she has goals of her own until it is too late. She knows not to completely trust Peytr, and she is picking up the game quickly. Also she got to watch Cercei for a while. Cercei isn't the best player, but manipulating people comes pretty natural to her. Sansa will find a way to gain control over the Vale using all the lessons around her, and only then will she reveal her real identity and be discovered by her other siblings. (I honestly don't see her rushing to Rickon's aid when he returns. Littlefinger wont allow it.) The only thing I don't know is how she breaks free of Peytr's scheming. Mainly because It is a little hard to figure out exactly what Peytr wants.

Jon, Jon, Jon. This will not be the first time we have seen a miraculous recovery. The Starks have been known for it. I don't believe he is going to die, which will prevent Melisandre from turning him into unJon. It will also prevent him from becoming a wight or other. The NW is going to cave in on itself without Jon, and will not beprepared for when the others come. Jon is going to be physically out of commission for a while and so I think his warging skills may just be about to improve. Somehow he will be contacted by Bran and they will reconnect that way. Sadly i dont see the R+L=J theory really coming forward until aDoS. Of any of the Starks I hope it is Jon and Rickon who reunite. Rickon needs him and the North will listen to Jon, knowing that Ned raised him as if he were trueborn. I'm not sure if Jon will leave the NW somehow but i really hope so. The only other thing i see happening is he stays, sam returns, and finally Dany arrives to save everyone from the others. While she's close Jon wargs a dragon, and he and Dany fall in love, then realize that Rhaegar is his father, and marry to uphold the Targaryen tradition.

Sansa Stark has access to 25,000 soldiers of the Vale after becoming Lady Hardyng

Rickon will be supported by 8,000 or so men of the north not loyal to Boltons

Jon will be supported by 3,000 or so wildlings

And don't forget that the 2,500 clansmen will all abandon Stannis at all these "the Ned's daughter" and "the Ned's son"s coming out of the woodwork, as will the Mormonts and the Glovers and any other Northerners loyal to Stannis.

So all in all the North will end up with an army of almost 40,000 men, stronger than they've been in a while, and it'll all be happy ever after!

Until, lf course, GRRM decides not to be happy and kills of half of these people while snowing in the other ones and having the Others conquer the North and then Dany coming to save everyone and be queen. :'(

All I'm hoping for is that it would be Arya who takes the Avenger role(of course, this involves adding a whole mess of people to her prayer). I'm imagining people ask "Who are you?" right before she kills them, and every single response Arya can give them would be epic.

I think they will reunite as a family though. The lone wolf dies but the pack survives and all that. Much more likely that they won't though. Well, I can hope..

Hmmm, I did not think about Rickon and the North heading south and Sansa and the power of the Vale heading west and north and attacking the Freys at the Twins and Lannisters at Riverrun in between them from both sides. A Frey-Lannister sandwich and the destruction of the Twins and the Lannister/Freys at Riverrun.

I like that. Yup. The wolves will return.

I think in the short term Rickon shows up to nominaly restore the Starks to Winterfell while Jon, whether he stays in the Watch or not is the actual ruler or protector. I don't think that Bran is actually a greenseer, he does not have the right eye color, its either red or green and Bran does not have this. He is the Wolf who will fly, whatever that means. I don't think that he will stay North of the Wall but I might be wrong. Sansa on the other hand might be used by a claimant opposed to Stannis to try and gain the North. So her claim could be used to compete with Bran and Rickon who are being held by Stannis and their bastard brother. People will even try to dispute that Rickon and Bran are the real deal, they are found boys Stannis is using to get the Norths support. IMO Arya will stay in Essos and will end up intersecting with Dany somehow before she returns to Westeros.

• 2 weeks later...

Could the 'King of Winter' and the 'King in the North' be two seperate people...?

What if Robb Stark was raised from the dead as a man with a wolfs head... like an Other? He would serve the great other / death / stranger and bring justice to the living...? He would be waging war on Westeros with the full force of the long-night behind him... and become known as "the King of Winter" ... at the same time Bran or Rickon or whoever... become / are King in the North... and their purpose is to protect the innocent... by creating 'wards' and defences and using their gifts and knowledge to save everyone... offering safe-houses at Winterfell / Storms end, the Wall etc...

to me kings of winter was because they were hard ruthless [insert reference to westerosi winters in the north]

Sansa Stark has access to 25,000 soldiers of the Vale after becoming Lady Hardyng

Rickon will be supported by 8,000 or so men of the north not loyal to Boltons

Jon will be supported by 3,000 or so wildlings

And don't forget that the 2,500 clansmen will all abandon Stannis at all these "the Ned's daughter" and "the Ned's son"s coming out of the woodwork, as will the Mormonts and the Glovers and any other Northerners loyal to Stannis.

So all in all the North will end up with an army of almost 40,000 men, stronger than they've been in a while, and it'll all be happy ever after!

Until, lf course, GRRM decides not to be happy and kills of half of these people while snowing in the other ones and having the Others conquer the North and then Dany coming to save everyone and be queen. :'(

I think Dany exists just to knock everything over right when it seems ready to fall into place.

I want Littlefinger to get whats coming to him....maybe from Jon? I want Sandor to rescue Sansa and her to reliaze she loves him ( what is the importance of the unkiss...anyone?) I want Arya to come home and find Gendry...he accepts her as she is not expecting her to be a prissy lady. Oh and all the Freys need to die as well as Ramsay Bolton!

I personally think that the time of Westeros being ruled by the great houses is coming to an end. I'd be surprised if any of the major houses survive the end of the series. I think this is an "end of an era" type series, and we'll see some completely new power structure ruling Westeros by the end.

If this did happen the starks would survive they are the oldest great house survived the andals and the

Targaryens. I think they would survive what ever would happen in the future and having one train as an assassins, a greenseer, and expert swordsman (jon) help too.

Archived