(Book Spoilers) Tyrion's Nose

Gingerly Grumkin

Well, for Qhorin I didnt notice the hand, but I suppose it's just a mistake of the props dudes or the director: maybe they didnt think people would notice cheating on the hand, but I'm sure later on we will see his half hand...

As for Davos, we never got a proper look at his fingers yet.

Well, for Qhorin I didnt notice the hand, but I suppose it's just a mistake of the props dudes or the director: maybe they didnt think people would notice cheating on the hand, but I'm sure later on we will see his half hand...

As for Davos, we never got a proper look at his fingers yet.

My point was that these guys wear gloves for pretty much the whole duration of their time in the books and on the show so far. At no point in the books does anyone ever actually see that QH has half his right hand missing, it's only mentioned. So why would it ever be noticeable in the show. As far as I can remember, nobody ever actually sees or notices DS's maimed hand either. Again it's only talked about by people who knew anyway and in DS's internal monologue. Presumably this is mostly because he wears gloves the majority of the time.

Tyrion is my favorite character in fiction,

Him being ugly is definitely the key element to the character, more then being a dwarf. Peasant dwarf's in Westeros are fools, who make jokes and do carthwheels around a castle(eg. Penny). (Tyrion said he'd be dead; I took that as Lannister dry humor)Tywin made sure his child is not that. Now him being ugly, where is his mismatched eyes? his large forhead? his crooked smile? and of course No Nose! Not a cool weird scar like Rorge, but a stump of cartilage drenched in snot, blood and puss. Being short helps him out with the persona of a monster, as does the wildling sellswords (who are also absent) and the fact that he's new, even Janos Slynt's arrest is on him! But I'd say the nose takes the cake. Plus it represents him losing his power (as does the Kingslayer's hand and Theon's dick)

Where is my monster HBO!!! (Not Ramsay, which I'm way more pissed over)

Though I agree with Sword of the Morning Wood as for the way dwarves were seen in medieval times, I think too that being ugly is important for Tyrion's character.

I think it sets him even more apart from other people and from the possibility of being loved.

From ADWD we know of that Penny's father (who was a dwarf too) married an average size woman, and it doesn't sound like a big deal. I think that it was not that uncommon.

But for Tyrion it's more difficult, because he's really hideous and more crippled than most men with dwarfism: he has can't walk more that a few minutes without having his legs aching terribly, and even then he walks in a weird way.

I think that it's important also towards Sansa... she must be totally disgusted by him, she can't "find the beauty in him" as Septa Mordane had taught her.

It's so easy to find beauty in Peter Dinklage! he's a gorgeous and sexy man! :leer:

I think they'll have to insist more on the age gap and the fact that Sansa is not ready to have sex at all in the TV series, because otherwise I really can't see how the first night scene could be realistic.

I really like Peter Dinklage as Tyrion, but I think that, also because of his good looks, TV-Tyrion is very different from the book one. Still a wonderful character, but different.

PS: I don't think they'll take the nose off, computer graphics is expensive. They'll probably just put a scar or something.

Hi guys, new here!

I think they will simply have a scar of some kind, something as stated which is a little more camera friendly, it's not about being cheap.

Did you know Peter Dinklage is 6ft 4 in real life? Thats some cracking CGI to make him 3ft! nah just kidding!

FYI, producers have already confirmed they will spend quite a bit of time on Blackwater Bay so likely to see a significant amount of fighting involved unlike other battles (which didn't really need screen time)

Did you know Peter Dinklage is 6ft 4 in real life? Thats some cracking CGI to make him 3ft! nah just kidding!

ts, ts, nonsense, watch some youtube. He is as small as men with achondroplasia usually are.

Hi guys, new here!

I think they will simply have a scar of some kind, something as stated which is a little more camera friendly, it's not about being cheap.

I agree, it makes the most sense and cost effective.

Archived