[TV SPOILERS] Upcoming Episode Descriptions/Summaries/Info

J_Crews

I just saw next weeks preview, so I assume the fight against Lorch's men will happen on the road, and not in a castle.

Source:

, you can see Arya and Gendry fighting men with red cloaks.

Makes sense, I suppose. They just catch them on the road. Those are definitely Lannister men-at-arms -- red cloaks and those distinctive helms.

Episode 7 -- "A Man Without Honor"

Dany invited to the House of the Undying.

A little more detail on the episode, from Vanity Fair:

Last resort: When she realizes the merchants of Qarth are interested only in obtaining her dragons, Dany considers accepting help offered by a warlock. But to reach his leaders, the Undying Ones, she must travel through a complicated stone maze and face mental and physical challenges.

A little more detail on the episode, from Vanity Fair:

Last resort: When she realizes the merchants of Qarth are interested only in obtaining her dragons, Dany considers accepting help offered by a warlock. But to reach his leaders, the Undying Ones, she must travel through a complicated stone maze and face mental and physical challenges.

Sounds pretty good.

What do you guys think the season 2 finale will be titled? I tried to create a new topic for this but for some reason it wasn't posted, even though there are much more trivial threads that have been posted since then...........:|

Anyway my favorite choice for the finale title is The Lion and the Rose. What's yours?

What do you guys think the season 2 finale will be titled?

There’s an unofficial leak that it’s to be called Valar Morghulis. “All Men Must Die”. No way to know whether that’s true yet.

The thing is, I don’t know why they haven’t released the title for S2E10 yet. Odd.

Valar morghulis is really super-weird phrasally. In Tolkien’s Sindarin, Morgul is from is from √MOR “black” + √GUL “sorcery”, and of course the Valar are the Powers or the Gods. The -is looks like a Latin ending. All told, you could read valar morghulis as the powers of necromancy, or even necromantic gods. It’s a very strange cross-cultural pun if you ask me.

There’s an unofficial leak that it’s to be called Valar Morghulis. “All Men Must Die”. No way to know whether that’s true yet.

The thing is, I don’t know why they haven’t released the title for S2E10 yet. Odd.

Valar morghulis is really super-weird phrasally. In Tolkien’s Sindarin, Morgul is from is from √MOR “black” + √GUL “sorcery”, and of course the Valar are the Powers or the Gods. The -is looks like a Latin ending. All told, you could read valar morghulis as the powers of necromancy, or even necromantic gods. It’s a very strange cross-cultural pun if you ask me.

I can't believe someone besides me broke out with Tolkien. What magnificent nerds we are! :)

More details about upcoming episodes 6-9:

LINK

Quote:

Season 2, Episode 6: "The Old Gods and the New": Theon will carry out his "master stroke," whatever that means (will he still be on his father's side? Or will he perhaps decide to warn Robb about the Greyjoy's attack on the North? The possibilities are endless … at least if you haven't read the book). Meanwhile, Cat and Robb — who are apparently back together again — "receive crucial news"; Marcella is sent away from King's Landing just in time to escape harm; Jon is given "a chance to prove himself" by a man named Qhorine; and Dany "vows to take what is hers." That girl sure does love to make brash proclamations.

Season 2, Episode 7: "A Man Without Honor": Jaime gets to do something! He "meets a distant relative," and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has mentioned that he loves this episode, so we expect something good to go down. Meanwhile, Dany "receives an invitation to the House of the Undying" (sounds mysterious!), "Theon leads a search party" (hmmm...maybe that master stroke didn't work out so well after all), Jon gets lost in the wilderness, and "Cersei councils Sansa." We don't know what that's about, but we're already 100 percent sure Sansa shouldn't listen.

Season 2, Episode 8: "The Prince of Winterfell": Okay, here's a big hint about Theon: He's at Winterfell. In this episode he "receives a visitor" there and "holds down the fort." Apparently Jaqen has been doing things for Arya; in this episode she "calls in her final debt...in a way that displeases him." "Tyrion and Varys find common ground." Dany, meanwhile, "ignores" some advice from Jorah, and Davos and Stannis "approach their destination," which is probably King's Landing. Finally, bad news: "Robb is betrayed."

Season 8, Episode 9: "Blackwater": "Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis’ fleet assaults King’s Landing." This episode took a month to film, so expect it to be awesome.

The updated summary for episode 6 includes these two tidbits:

"Theon Greyjoy's plans succeed" and "Robb and Catelyn receive important news"

So...

Winterfell falls in episode 6, just as we previously figured. The boy's will escape in this same episode. Theon will be "hunting" and killing "the boys" early in episode 7, I'd wager; with a grief-stricken Catelyn freeing Jaime late in the same episode.

This seems to align with what I've been thinking. Do you think the sack will happen in E10?

Yes, but I'm having trouble picturing how without...

... Ramsey/Reek being introduced. I imagine it'll be something like that they'll cut the Ramsey/Reek deception angle completely and just have Ramsey show-up, fully-covered by his scary ass flayed man armor, as though he were bringing the Dreadfort men to join Ser Rodrik's force, before turning on him. If they don't need to reveal that he's who Theon thought was Reek, he doesn't ever need to remove his helmet this season. This, of course, also means killing the miller's sons has to be Theon's idea alone, but I don't have a problem with that since Theon is the one who had been shtuping the miller's randy wife for years anyway. I saw a screen shot a while back of the 2 bodies hanging above Winterfell's gatehouse, and they appeared to me to have been burnt beyond recognition, rather than flayed (I could be wrong), which would make more sense without Ramsey being there. Or, they could slow things down, show more of the occupation of Winterfell, and save the sack for next season, I suppose, but I don't think that's likely.

Yeah agreed! Ramsay is not important this season.

All's we need to know is that another army has barged its way in, Theon looses control, and Winterfell is burnt.

Then reveal Bran alive, cue cheers. Finish with him and his 3 companions leaving a ruined Winterfell with a glimmer of hope. They can then meet the Reeds in season 2, then spilit up (prob as Osha isn't wanting to return North and it's not safe for Rickon).

Ramsey might be mention by name though.

Yeah agreed! Ramsay is not important this season.

All's we need to know is that another army has barged its way in, Theon looses control, and Winterfell is burnt.

Then reveal Bran alive, cue cheers. Finish with him and his 3 companions leaving a ruined Winterfell with a glimmer of hope. They can then meet the Reeds in season 2, then spilit up (prob as Osha isn't wanting to return North and it's not safe for Rickon).

Ramsey might be mention by name though.

I'd say it would also be a good idea if they spent some time playing-up all the trouble Ramsey's been stirring while Robb was in the south too. Easily accomplished via dialogue.

He and the Reeds in Season 2 is a good bet, ASAIC. Not sure the producer's are gonna be willing to let Osha disappear for multiple seasons either, unless GRRM has told them it isn't important for her to appear later -- there'll be no guarantee of getting the actress back.

He and the Reeds in Season 2 is a good bet, ASAIC. Not sure the producer's are gonna be willing to let Osha disappear for multiple seasons either, unless GRRM has told them it isn't important for her to appear later -- there'll be no guarantee of getting the actress back.

They don’t need to get her back: Rickon and Shaggy end up having to eat her on Skagos. Davos will only have a boy and his doggie to bring back with him.

Archived