What if Stannis Wins?

BlueHighwind

If Stannis wins then at some point Mel will have shown up at Winterfell and the Godswood would be up in smoke. And I hate that idea. Brandon hates that idea since his new sight would be severely limited with all the Heart-trees gone. Personally, I see Stannis dead before the end of Winds of Winter .

If Stannis wins then Westeros will be saved. There will be a king who can restore order and justice to the Seven Kingdoms, a king who will ensure that the Lannisters, Boltons and Freys pay for their crimes and that those loyal to the rightful king are rewarded.

Stannis started the

I doubt it, I think Stannis wont last the next book hes made too many enemys. He has people that want to kill him in every corner of the known world.

Unfortunetly dont look good for Stannis

Stannis started off the war of the five-kings as a massive underdog. At no point in the series has he not had enemies on every corner of the world. If they haven't killed him yet, I don't know what makes you so confident. He's facing two relatively unknown commanders, Roose having been cautious but not really anything special on the battlefield, and I imagine Ramsay the type of Commander to lose his cool and let his emotions make his decisions for him. And with loyaltys for the Boltons being stretched so thin, where as Stannis seems to have a very loyal army with him, I really can't see any way the Boltons win. Hell, they're even sending half their army to face Stannis, through a blizzard, because of how unstable their alliances with the other nothern houses are.

Like Stannis put so eloquently, "What battles has the bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

-Edit

To answer the question, of Stannis wins the Throne, the realm will be just again. Stannis will ensure it's so, his council will be wiped anew and corruption will be swiftly dealt with. Any who oppose him, will be sounded defeated in battle and their quelms put down. We've seen what Stannis can do with his tiny army, imagine him with the majority of the realm backing him? And sooner or later, people will bend the knee. There is simply a point you reach, either the realm splits apart, or the realm binds and heals. Sooner or later, the fighting will end, and as Stannis has proven in the past, he'll be the last man standing.

If Stannis wins, well...lets just say that Westeros will have a hypocrite on the Iron Throne. Nuff said.

And if this were about Fluffy Cottontail and His Amazing Adventures that would probably be a horrible ending but we are talking about a choice between bastards born of incest and a slave monger. They can do worse than a hypocrite.

Stannis started the

Stannis started off the war of the five-kings as a massive underdog. At no point in the series has he not had enemies on every corner of the world. If they haven't killed him yet, I don't know what makes you so confident. He's facing two relatively unknown commanders, Roose having been cautious but not really anything special on the battlefield, and I imagine Ramsay the type of Commander to lose his cool and let his emotions make his decisions for him. And with loyaltys for the Boltons being stretched so thin, where as Stannis seems to have a very loyal army with him, I really can't see any way the Boltons win. Hell, they're even sending half their army to face Stannis, through a blizzard, because of how unstable their alliances with the other nothern houses are.

Like Stannis put so eloquently, "What battles has the bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

Yea its true he always did, but since then he lost most his men trying to take kings landing, and now his army is loosing alot of morale trudging through a blizzard and starving. Also i dont think he will keep any Northern alies if he burns the wierwoods. He will lose alot more men in the fighting and probly to cold on the march. I just dont see how he has the forces to go south again unless he goes against Mel and stops burning everything.

Yea its true he always did, but since then he lost most his men trying to take kings landing, and now his army is loosing alot of morale trudging through a blizzard and starving. Also i dont think he will keep any Northern alies if he burns the wierwoods. He will lose alot more men in the fighting and probly to cold on the march. I just dont see how he has the forces to go south again unless he goes against Mel and stops burning everything.

Well I personally think once the Boltons are defeated, he'll take the newly built Northern fleet, combined with a sell-sail fleet, and catch Dany and Euron/whatever Greyjoy is going to get her. I always mix the Greyjoy brothers up. Not really my preferred culture I suppose, Cthulu worshipping vikings are ick. Anywho, he'll sail against Dany and her newly aquired fleet and stop them before they even manage to land in Westeros. With the defeat of the Ironborn, that could curry favor with the south and buy him some allies. Or he just buys an army with the money he's gained from the Iron Bank and march south with force.

Well I personally think once the Boltons are defeated, he'll take the newly built Northern fleet, combined with a sell-sail fleet, and catch Dany and Euron/whatever Greyjoy is going to get her. I always mix the Greyjoy brothers up. Not really my preferred culture I suppose, Cthulu worshipping vikings are ick. Anywho, he'll sail against Dany and her newly aquired fleet and stop them before they even manage to land in Westeros. With the defeat of the Ironborn, that could curry favor with the south and buy him some allies. Or he just buys an army with the money he's gained from the Iron Bank and march south with force.

Maybe, If he has a flawless victory against the Boltons, (unlikely) he dosn't burn the weirwoods, (unlikely) And Manderly just gives Stannis all his ships leaving the norths silver mines and biggest and most profitable harbor pretty much undefended (unlikely) and then somehow convinces the north to join him without taking revenge on the Freys first (unlikely) then he has to take out the iron born to get to Dany which I dont think he will be able to do, sounds like a stretch to me

Maybe, If he has a flawless victory against the Boltons, (unlikely) he dosn't burn the weirwoods, (unlikely) And Manderly just gives Stannis all his ships leaving the norths silver mines and biggest and most profitable harbor pretty much undefended (unlikely) and then somehow convinces the north to join him without taking revenge on the Freys first (unlikely) then he has to take out the iron born to get to Dany which I dont think he will be able to do, sounds like a stretch to me

Have you even read the latest book? Stannis already told his men to go pray harder when they suggested burning some Northern folk. Stannis isn't zealous, he uses Azor Ahai as a means to gather support, he doesn't truly believe it, and if he does, he doesn't buy into the religion. He isn't going to just start burning things and alienate his allies, as was proven by his choice not to burn a Northern. Also if Stannis defeats the Boltons, and Rickon is returned, I absolutely expect the Manderlys to give him their ships, and any other support they can muster. Also, he's already defeated the Iron Born once, at their own game, with ships. And subdued one of the islands himself (Him and his army, of course. I'd be amazed if he actually was the one man to take the island.). Most of your unlikelys are quite likely.

I see Stannis doing what everyone thinks he'll never do, Bend his knee to Jon. Everything Stannis has done since he left the Wall, Jon told him to do. It seems to me Stannis is just acting like Hand for Jon. Remember it was the office of Hand of the King that Stannis wanted. Not to be King himself

Have you even read the latest book? Stannis already told his men to go pray harder when they suggested burning some Northern folk. Stannis isn't zealous, he uses Azor Ahai as a means to gather support, he doesn't truly believe it, and if he does, he doesn't buy into the religion. He isn't going to just start burning things and alienate his allies, as was proven by his choice not to burn a Northern. Also if Stannis defeats the Boltons, and Rickon is returned, I absolutely expect the Manderlys to give him their ships, and any other support they can muster. Also, he's already defeated the Iron Born once, at their own game, with ships. And subdued one of the islands himself (Him and his army, of course. I'd be amazed if he actually was the one man to take the island.). Most of your unlikelys are quite likely.

The fact that Stannis doesn't even believe in R'hllor, and still lets Melisandre burn people in the name of R'hllor says ALOT about him.

If you think the Northern Lord would ever let Stannis burn the Godswood your crazy. Even when Winterfell itself was burned the Godswood wasn't

Stannis has seen what the Red God can do.. when Bran finally shows everyone what the Old Gods can do then I'm thinking a lot of people we start praying to the Trees again

Yes. It says he will do WHATEVER it takes. That's exactly the kind of man that enters a war of five kings as the supreme underdog, and manage to be the last man left standing.

It says that Stannis is not just a hypocrite, but one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen (read about) in my entire life. Everything that Stannis has done has contradicted everything that he says he does.

It says that Stannis is not just a hypocrite, but one of the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen (read about) in my entire life. Everything that Stannis has done has contradicted everything that he says he does.

That's strange, because I see Stannis as a just man, and the rightful King of Westeros. I also see him claiming his throne sooner or later. Can't say the same for some little tart on the otherside of the world.

Yes I have read all the books, i think we will have to agree to disagree

I do agree that Stannis is in store for a certain level of success in the future - namely kicking out the Boltons and winning the allegiance of the Northmen if nothing else - but I don't think he'll ever sit the Iron Throne. I actually think he'll die fighting The Others.

However, I would love to see Stannis on the Iron Throne. "There is no creature on Earth half so terrifying as a truly just man" - every game of thrones "player" would be fucked with Stannis on the Iron Throne.

He is not a hypocrite he simply doesn't give a fuck about religion, if simply shuts up when Mel does her show and hopes that it may help to something. And Mel is well aware that Stannis is an unbeliever.

And I'd be careful using the term hypocrite if I was a Dany supporter like you.. but that's another subject.

Archived