Moments of Foreshadowing

Patchface12

Oh god, if UnGregor goes on a rampage I'd laugh so god damn much seeing as it was Cersei's doing.

It also ties in nicely with Cersei's self-fullfilling prophecy theme. Maybe the victim of Ser Robert Strong's rampage will even be Cersei herself... Jaime's severed hand was last seen in the possession of Qyburn after all. There might be a reason why the prophecy is not phrased as "killed by the valonquar" but as "die by the hand of the valonquar".

“Randyll Tarly is at Maidenpool. Let him deal with the outlaws. I would sooner have you go to Riverrun.”

“Ser Daven has command there. The Warden of the West. He has no need of me. Lancel does.”

“As you say, uncle.” Jaime’s head was pounding to the same beat as the drum. Dead, dead, dead. “You would do well to keep your knights around you.”

From AFfC. Is it foreshadowing death of Kevan? Or does Dead, dead, dead mean Kevan, Lancel and Daven all?

“Randyll Tarly is at Maidenpool. Let him deal with the outlaws. I would sooner have you go to Riverrun.”

“Ser Daven has command there. The Warden of the West. He has no need of me. Lancel does.”

“As you say, uncle.” Jaime’s head was pounding to the same beat as the drum. Dead, dead, dead. “You would do well to keep your knights around you.”

From AFfC. Is it foreshadowing death of Kevan? Or does Dead, dead, dead mean Kevan, Lancel and Daven all?

Three deads -- I'd say all, and I believe that will happen: Kevan is already down.

The light of the half-moon turned Val’s honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow

this reminded me of a few things:

silvery hair - targaryan, maybe foreshadowing jon and dany coming together

cheeks as white as snow - val will become a wight?

both - val will become the next nights queen?

It also ties in nicely with Cersei's self-fullfilling prophecy theme. Maybe the victim of Ser Robert Strong's rampage will even be Cersei herself... Jaime's severed hand was last seen in the possession of Qyburn after all. There might be a reason why the prophecy is not phrased as "killed by the valonquar" but as "die by the hand of the valonquar".

I had a theory about Jaime himself but... never figured Qyburn had his hand. Now THAT would be a twist!

The light of the half-moon turned Val’s honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow

this reminded me of a few things:

silvery hair - targaryan, maybe foreshadowing jon and dany coming together

cheeks as white as snow - val will become a wight?

both - val will become the next nights queen?

Or perhaps a connection to the story of the Night's King's queen?

We get multiple instances of potential foreshadowing in the game of cyvasse. Dany and Aegon seem likely to clash, and militarily, we have Dany associated with dragons and Aegon associated with elephants.

In AFFC, Myrcella plays against Trystane Martell:

When Tyrion plays against Aegon, however, Tyrion's dragon traps Aegon's king while Aegon's own dragon is too far away to save him.

And when Tyrion plays against Brown Ben Plumm,

In one game the dragon defeats the elephants, in another game one side's dragon wins because the other side's dragon is too far away, and in another game, the elephants (and heavy horse) kill the dragon. I wonder if these games foreshadow the outcomes of future conflicts between Dany and Aegon (or even Dany and Volantis---a city associated, in part, with elephants).

I like your interpretation of this, I'd be surprised if the referenced elephants in the game referred to anything other than the golden company (read:aegon), and the symbolism with the dragons is very sexy.

Arya throws a blood orange at Sansa in AGOT. The orange falls into Sansa's lap, leaving "a blotchy red stain" and ruining the white silk gown Cersei gave her when she was betrothed to Joffrey. This foreshadows what happens to Sansa when she eventually gets her period: the ivory dress, given to her by Cersei, represents the wedding dress Cersei later has made for Sansa.

The Ironborn attitudes made a lot more sense to me once I realized Black Harren was an Ironman and they ruled the riverlands as well as their islands. They fell hard and fast. So they have been simmering for 300 years. Although their religion couldnt be simpler or more boring.

This quote got me thinking. Black Harren overreached and was destroyed by dragon fire. The current Ironborn are overreaching, and they're heading straight for dragon land. Is there an "oopsie!" in the future?

First post, so hello everyone :)

Bran I, GoT when they find the wolves.

Bran thought it curious that this pup alone would have opened his eyes while the others were still blind.

I find it interesting that he's talking about Ghost but foreshadowing his own third eye opening while the other Stark children are "still blind".

First post, so hello everyone :)

Bran I, GoT when they find the wolves.

I find it interesting that he's talking about Ghost but foreshadowing his own third eye opening while the other Stark children are "still blind".

yeah! I really liked it, I just started my re-read and that was one of the passages I took note of. I'm writing down some foreshadowing/interesting stuff to bring to the forum although I'm sure most of it, if not all, has been talked about already. what can I say, I'm a latecomer!

on tyrion's first pov in agot: Tyrion Lannister looked up from his books and shivered, though the library was snug and warm. Something about the howling of a wolf took a man right out of his here and now and left him in a dark forest of the mind, running naked before the pack.

could it be that he'll die mauled by the pack of wolves lead by nymeria? :ack:

I was actually referring to this passage on another thread the other day, but it fits in quite nicely here too...

"King," croaked the raven. The bird flapped across the air to land on Mormont's shoulder. "King," it said again, strutting back and forth.

"He likes that word," Jon said, smiling.

"An easy word to say. An easy word to like."

"King," the bird said again.

"I think he means for you to have a crown, my lord."

"The realm has three kings already, and that's two too many for my liking." Mormont stroked the raven under the beak with his finger, but all the while his eyes never left Jon Snow.

I am really hoping this turns out to be a prophecy... last lines, first chapter:

"An albino," Theon Greyjoy said with wry amusement. "This one will die even faster than the others."

Jon Snow gave his father’s ward a long, chilling look. "I think not, Greyjoy," he said. "This one belongs to me."

meaning jon will die last of all the starks..

yea its a stretch, and a bad first post, but would that i could make it so

I am really hoping this turns out to be a prophecy... last lines, first chapter:

"An albino," Theon Greyjoy said with wry amusement. "This one will die even faster than the others."

Jon Snow gave his father’s ward a long, chilling look. "I think not, Greyjoy," he said. "This one belongs to me."

meaning jon will die last of all the starks..

yea its a stretch, and a bad first post, but would that i could make it so

It also could refer to Bloodraven who lived the longest of all great bastards.

Archived