Moments of Foreshadowing

Patchface12

on tyrion's first pov in agot: Tyrion Lannister looked up from his books and shivered, though the library was snug and warm. Something about the howling of a wolf took a man right out of his here and now and left him in a dark forest of the mind, running naked before the pack.

could it be that he'll die mauled by the pack of wolves lead by nymeria? :ack:

Or just he is subconsciously acknowledging Starks' proverbial power.

on tyrion's first pov in agot: Tyrion Lannister looked up from his books and shivered, though the library was snug and warm. Something about the howling of a wolf took a man right out of his here and now and left him in a dark forest of the mind, running naked before the pack.

could it be that he'll die mauled by the pack of wolves lead by nymeria? :ack:

This could tie into his later comment about a FM coming to kill him.

this is an interesting one from another tyrion pov in agot:

Tyrion was the last to retire, as always. As he stepped into the shelter his men had built for him,

he paused and looked back at Jon Snow. The boy stood near the fire, his face still and hard,

looking deep into the flames.

I caught this on my re-reading of ACOK. It's Cersei's response to Sansa about Ilyn Payne and his purpose during Blackwater.

"True knights." The queen seemed to find that wonderfully amusing. "No doubt you're right. So why don't you just eat your broth like a good girl and wait for Symeon Star-Eyes and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight to come rescue you, sweetling. I'm sure it won't be very long now."

So who is looking for Sansa? Why could that be Jaime, a kingsguard who loves his sister that was forced to marry the king instead? And what about Brienne, with her bright blue eyes and you know thaphires.

I caught this on my re-reading of ACOK. It's Cersei's response to Sansa about Ilyn Payne and his purpose during Blackwater.

"True knights." The queen seemed to find that wonderfully amusing. "No doubt you're right. So why don't you just eat your broth like a good girl and wait for Symeon Star-Eyes and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight to come rescue you, sweetling. I'm sure it won't be very long now."

So who is looking for Sansa? Why could that be Jaime, a kingsguard who loves his sister that was forced to marry the king instead? And what about Brienne, with her bright blue eyes and you know thaphires.

That is AWESOME. Except that I want Sansa to rescue herself, but still...

I remember when Sansa first arrives in The Fingers near the end of ASoS Littlefinger says something to the effect of "This place is damp and rocky and poor, a terrible place to live really, unless you happen to be a stone."

Later on he disguises her as his bastard daughter, Alayne Stone.

Might be reaching on this one though.

"In life the monsters win."

"I am the blood of the dragon. If they are monsters, so am I."

:cool4:

A lot of sympathetic characters are becoming quite monstruous....

Bran has Coldhands as his monster, Sansa in a way has the Hound, Jon will probably soon be UnJon.... The Starks in general are portrayed as monstruous by their foes, because of their direwolves and ultimately rather correct rumours about their warging abilities.

A lot of sympathetic characters are becoming quite monstruous....

Bran has Coldhands as his monster, Sansa in a way has the Hound, Jon will probably soon be UnJon.... The Starks in general are portrayed as monstruous by their foes, because of their direwolves and ultimately rather correct rumours about their warging abilities.

Yeah, and Tyrion also describes himself as a monster on a couple of occasions. I just singled out Daenerys because so many posters want her to fail, and I intend to drink the tears of haters when she doesn't. ;)

Yeah, and Tyrion also describes himself as a monster on a couple of occasions. I just singled out Daenerys because so many posters want her to fail, and I intend to drink the tears of haters when she doesn't. ;)

Delicious, delicious tears.(Though I still don't like Dany very much)

Delicious, delicious tears.(Though I still don't like Dany very much)

I'm the farthest from a Targ loyalist you could be and I'm of the firm conviction that the dragons have to go by the end and that Dany's place is with her khalassar in Essos, but I really really want her vision of raining down fire on a host of Others at the Trident to come true. Dany will defeat all the haters, team up with Jon to save Westeros, lose her dragons in the process, not get any credit for it and voluntarily walk away from the Iron Throne, because she has learned her lesson in Meereen that you can't rule a population who hates you (and everyone will hate her for having killed the much beloved Aegon some chapters earlier).

That's even supported by forshadowing, if we count the TV-Show - in the TV version of the HOTU episode, Dany walks away from the throne, because her children (in this case the dragons) are more important to her. To me that indicateds then when the time comes for difficult choices, Dany won't make the Iron Throne her priority after all.

Arya and the things she'll see:

"If I had wings...I'd just fly away, fly up past the moon and the shining stars, and see all the things in Old Nan's stories, dragons and seamonsters and the Titan of Braavos, and maybe I wouldn't ever fly back unless I wanted to."

Maybe it's time for her to see a kraken when she's sent to Oldtown to train with Jaquen and Euron attacks?

Much and more is made of Ned's idea that the lord who condemns a man to death should execute that man himself. This action is considered extremely honorable, very Stark and very Northern, so much so that people who are entitled to, or want to, take Ned's place. Theon does it, Robb Stark does it, Jon does it

I had another thought about this. Ned executed the deserter with one clean stroke. Robb and Theon tried to do their executions like Ned, but failed and needed several throkes. Making a mess. Which they also did in their positions as leaders. Jon executes Janos Slynt also with one clean stroke. Maybe it could mean that Jon will be the more succesful leader in the end. Could he end up being the Lord of Winterfell after all? I know things don't look that way at the end of ADwD.

I had another thought about this. Ned executed the deserter with one clean stroke. Robb and Theon tried to do their executions like Ned, but failed and needed several throkes. Making a mess. Which they also did in their positions as leaders. Jon executes Janos Slynt also with one clean stroke. Maybe it could mean that Jon will be the more succesful leader in the end. Could he end up being the Lord of Winterfell after all? I know things don't look that way at the end of ADwD.

This makes sense... but Jon and Ned also had Valyrian steel so logically they'd have an easier time. I'd be very uncertain as to if this actually means something, but nice catch nonetheless.

This post just enlightened me to: The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

This makes me very sad but it also describes arya's character well. I think in the end she'll have to come out of hiding and be arya again and in order to do that she will have to do a lot of "sewing" (by that i mean killing) to get through the winter. In the end i think she dies with a sword in hand. Since those who live by the sword die by the sword and arya definitely lived by the sword.

Robb's execution of Karstark wasn't messy. He died at the first blow but the head wasn't severed from the body

Ned and Jon both used Valyrian steel.

Archived