Arya's whereabouts and actions in the forthcoming novels

mtomim

sometimes when we get wrapped up in books this good we forget that human beings are writing them. GRRM on multiple occasions has said that his wife's favorite character is Arya. i think he has something huge in store for Arya that brings everything that she has experienced together. I think it will be to kill Aegon.

I agree with much of what Free Northman just said . I have really strong doubts about Arya finishing her training , though. Even though she's something of a prodigy , as far as FM material goes, full training must be really quite lengthy.

I'd also like to see her meet up with the Alchemist again, or at least learn a lot more about him by some means. He set her on the path she's been on , and their interaction gave me doubts as to just how impersonal , how much of a no-one a FM must be. ( Yes, I'm curious as to the Syrio question , but won't be sorry whichever way that pans out )... But it was J/A 's " If you would find me again..".. not just " if you would learn these things..", that implies much less detatchment ( whoever he is ) than Arya's training ( so far ) suggests that the the code would allow for..

She's already put him in one very difficult position by naming Jaqen..Will she put him in another before the story's out ?

I'd love to see some sort of resolution between her and Sandor..I feel sure she'd have far greater insight into his tortured being , now ..and he may feel that she did give him a gift at their parting ..just not the one he asked for.

Of course Jon , Sansa and Nymeria are the biggies , followed by Bran and Rickon. She may get a chance to scratch off a name from her list..but I don't think it will matter if she doesn't.. the most important thing about her list is that it helped give her purpose to survive .

I think her character has too much intelligence for her to become just a badass killing machine..I think if she had got stuck in Westeros , that outcome was more likely ( providing she wasn't killed ) than it is now.

sometimes when we get wrapped up in books this good we forget that human beings are writing them. GRRM on multiple occasions has said that his wife's favorite character is Arya. i think he has something huge in store for Arya that brings everything that she has experienced together. I think it will be to kill Aegon.

I completely agree, just watched an interview where GRRM said his second favorite character to write is Arya. I think that GRRM has done a great job with her storyline and like the idea that she could be sent to kill Aegon.

I'm optimistic that Arya will never truly become a FM, as she can never answer truthfully that she is "no one"(though that isn't so clear in her last chapter), she never forgets her prayers, and she keeps secrets from the kindly man(her ability to warg). I think she will make her way west in due time.

I agree too... Arya will never be a FM. This is just another lesson for her. A huge one. But Needle still's under the stone step. She will "find" herself again and return home when she's done learning.

I still find it much too coincidental that Missandei and Arya are the exact same age (and that Missandei, as a character, continues to grow in prominence).

I'm now expecting to read a future Daenerys POV wherein she thinks to herself that Missandei is acting a little strange.

I agree too... Arya will never be a FM. This is just another lesson for her. A huge one. But Needle still's under the stone step. She will "find" herself again and return home when she's done learning.

This.

I think you have to put Arya in context with the rest of the Stark kids. There's a reason Martin started the story off with the Stark kids. And a reason why each kid is off getting an education in some art related to playing and winning the Game of Thrones.

Arya will be the spy/assassin, Sansa will be the strategist (learned from Littlefinger), Bran will deliver the gods and the children of the forest and knowledge from the trees (lol), Jon and Rickon will lead men in the field.

Whatever the details of the journey, the surviving kids come back together at some point and kick everyone's ass in the final round of the Game.

and GRRM will kick your ass and decide to kill the starks one by one. because that is what gritty is about.

I still find it much too coincidental that Missandei and Arya are the exact same age (and that Missandei, as a character, continues to grow in prominence).

I'm now expecting to read a future Daenerys POV wherein she thinks to herself that Missandei is acting a little strange.

no definite time on how long from blindness to izembaro right? arya chapters are not chronologically in order right? if so you might be right.

No. Repeating this over and over doesn’t make it correct.

It’s dragons which are both female and male, or able to switch. Not the language is ambiguous, the things the language refers to are.

The way it works is this: Since dragons are both male and female, the word was also used for both princes and princesses.

So, do younger siblings often change sex (in Valyria/Westeros)? I don’t think so. Then, valonqar is probably quite specific on the sex of its referent.

Hey @Roughspun I get that it can be frustrating when the n00bs show up, but I didn't realize I was repeating anything. I found what I guess is one of many threads where the word valonqar/High Valerian was discussed. Thanks for letting me know to look for it.

http://asoiaf.wester...queen-valonqar/

Arya chapters are not chronologically in order?!

Think I miss this detail. Why do you say that?

I thought you were implying that Missandei is Arya later on

and that the last chapter of Arya comes after Dany leaving Mereen...

but nevermind that, you meant that you are expecting those stuff after Dany returns. I just misunderstood you.

Faceless man can kill only people they don't know their names. Target no.1 is obviously Danny (and/or her dragons),

I don't think it will be Danny, because the FM were formed from former slaves. I just don't see them setting out to kill the one who frees slaves. I think more than likely it will be Tommen, or one of the Lannisters as they have defaulted on the Bravossi loan. It could be Stannis or Jon if they default on their promise of repaying their loan.

Arya chapters are not chronologically in order?!

Think I miss this detail. Why do you say that?

For Arya's story line they are chronological, but many ASOIAF chapters themselves aren't chronological. IIRC, Arya is a little ahead of the battles of Mereen and Winterfell.

That or she's sent to kill Jeyne Westerling if she's indeed pregnant with Robb's child (I can see anyone from Cersei, Varys, or LF hiring an FM for this). Arya hasn't seen Jeyne, and will probably go with the plan till she realizes she is Robb's wife and will have a change of heart. Plus this might take her through the Riverlands, and bring about the much awaited re-union with Nymeria.

Jeyne Westerling is not pregnant with Rob's child. Her mother made sure of that by slipping her moon tea every morning. Or did you forget that chapter?

I might be one of the rare few who actually thought that Arya's chapters in AFFC and ADWD were some of the best to date. I think that GRRM took a really cool turn with her storyline. Arya's story for me has always been one about identity and death, and what better way to develop that then to have her be a faceless assassin.

I personally think she'll be sent out to kill Dany, but that's all I can really predeict for her. I Dont want her to be under the training of Izembaro for the entirety of TWOW. We need people coming back to Westeros.

Whatever the case may be, I cant see her living out the series, which will be devestating for me because she is my favourite. I think that jon's haunting words to her in Jon 2 of AGOT reveals Arya's fate. But she definitely will have a major role to play when all is said and done. All the main characters will.

Arya will find out about Jon's death. Kindley Man will ask her, "Who are you?" She will answer "no one" with a stone emotionless face. Kindley Man wil response, "You tell the truth". This will lead to Arya being upgraded in rank

[2] The Prayer: In the TV show, when Jaqen was inviting Arya to Bravoos with him he said "names to offer up to the red god" about her prayers, now and to this moment we still don't know how the FM choose their targets, although it'd be cool to have something akin to the loom of fate in Wanted I doubt it'll be that simple, the FM accept contracts to give the gift in return for some kind of offering the god of death, doesn't the KM always talk about Arya giving herself up to Him of Many Faces? does that amount to some kind of sacrifice that allows every FM to have his/her enemies killed in exchange for his service? only another FM does the killing for him? I think that'd be a very interesting notion.

I have speculated before that the prayer that Arya makes every night is akin to how the FM say they get their targets and that the price is not always in gold. The price is different for each person as it takes many variables in to account. For Arya could this price be the fact that she is being trained to become an FM and should she succeed then surely they will honour her prayer?

Meaning anyone on her list still alive is going to be FM assassinated (just not by Arya herself as she knows them and this is not allowed it seems).

Jeyne Westerling is not pregnant with Rob's child. Her mother made sure of that by slipping her moon tea every morning. Or did you forget that chapter?

I don't believe we know this as a truth, only that her mother said this to a Lannister (Jaime?), maybe to stop them from killing her child as they surely would if she were pregnant? I don't think there is sufficient proof either way at this stage.

Archived