Arya's whereabouts and actions in the forthcoming novels

mtomim

I've always had a feeling Sansa and Arya's next meeting will have a tragic ending... wouldn't surprise me if Arya is sent to kill Westeros's new queen... and it turns out to be her sister.

A Faceless Man is not allowed to give the 'gift' to someone they know of beforehand.

A Faceless Man is not allowed to give the 'gift' to someone they know of beforehand.

But Sansa is living under a false name. I could definitaly see them coming face to face with Arya intending to kill Littlefinger's daughter then recognize Sansa. I don't think she'll kill her though. She promised her father not to stab her sister.

Well...

Following characters have highest number of POVs [in random sequence]

Arya

Jon

Tyrion

Deanerys

What does it mean?

- Arya is definitely not side character, and her plot is VERY important.

- Only one of primary POVs Arya don't know by name is Daenerys

Conclusion? :)

Why do people think she may kill Dany? Dany frees slaves, the Free Cities have some slavery but are largely not slave cities like the ones she has conquered. They have an agreement with Stannis, but do they really care who pays them back, as long as they do? Dany has a far better chance of actually taking the Iron Throne if she can get full control of her dragons. They probably haven't been approaching her just yet because she is in a place that could actually make war on Braavos, and don't want to give them a casus belli. Braavos meanwhile has a casus belli on Westeros. There are probably even individual houses who have defaulted on payments. Many are pissed with Cersei because all the loans are being called in, and given the war, lack of trade and loss of land and peasants, probably can't be paid.

Right now, Dany is no concern of theirs, who could possibly pay the FM enough to take her out? Why would they? If they are tied to the Iron Bank as some here are supposing, then Dany is a possible source of repayment of Braavosi debt. Until she lands in Westeros or madly attacks the Free Cities she is of no concern to them. They could send Arya there to collect information I suppose. Maybe they are concerned that Dany has disappeared.

They know who she is, they will not send her to kill Sansa, and I can't think why anyone would want to kill Alayne. When their other agents would be way better equipped to get at most other players, Arya sent to worm her way into Dany's confidence makes the most sense to me. I don't think Arya would kill Missandei though. She has never been cold blooded, the closes she came was taking out the lady who cheated her on the sale of Craven.

I honestly think GRRM has fucked up (excuse my language) Arya's plot.

No, No chance IMO. GRRM admits Arya is among his very favorites to write, you can bet he has a clear vision for her. I think she reunites with her direwolf and becomes a great warrior like Nymeria of old, combining all the deadly arts she learned on her travels.

I think Arya will be sent to kill Cersi. Cersi has that prophesey that she will be strangled by her "little brother" . Maybe her and Tyrion are the same height or close enough and she could sneak in and get close enough to Cersi to kill her.

Well...

Following characters have highest number of POVs [in random sequence]

Arya

Jon

Tyrion

Deanerys

What does it mean?

- Arya is definitely not side character, and her plot is VERY important.

- Only one of primary POVs Arya don't know by name is Daenerys

Conclusion? :)

That would be lovely. THE ONLY THING I WANT IS DANY DEAD BY ARYA. But then again, why would GRRM kill Dany by her? What I mean is that why should he write tons of stuff about teo major character so one of them end up killing the other? If Arya's gonna kill her, Dany has to do some important stuff before being killed, so her death will have an impact. And that wouldn't be the end of Arya. She gotta do a lot more with her assasination abilities and herpossible wolf army. Maybe even team up with Jon against the Others.

But Sansa is living under a false name. I could definitaly see them coming face to face with Arya intending to kill Littlefinger's daughter then recognize Sansa. I don't think she'll kill her though. She promised her father not to stab her sister.

Not for long though, Sansa will be back to marry the Arryn heir after Robert. I suppose this will happen since this is one of Littlefinger's plans and he seldom misses. Anyways, I can't see anyone wanting Alayne Stone dead.

Arya needs some story to justify the "dark heart" epithet of the witch. The frequent wolf dreams and the Nymeria link can't be an accident either, but I don't see it happening until Arya does something really, really bad. My guess is that she is given an innocent target and either kills them (If she is sent at Stannis my guess is that Stannis dies - he has to die at some point), or kills an innocent in a failed attempt (with Dany being the logical target for this story line).

I honestly wonder if Ayra will kill anyone of great significance.

If the FM were to send someone for Stannis, Danny, etc. why would they pick an absolute rookie? Wouldn't it make more sense to send a veteran for that kind of assignment?

I tend to think with Arya for the next book we will see her and Izembaro give us a medieval rendition of The Professional. (edit: I am of the school of thought that Izembaro is a person not a place)

After that, she might settle into the life of being a FM and fade away.

Someone has already said it, but the Iron Throne is in heaps of debt with the Iron Bank of Braavos. Cercei notably keeps refusing to pay up, she keeps getting messages, ravens, people slipping hints here there and everywhere. Usually these hints are 1 or 2 lines long in writing and Cercei quickly puts them aside thus easily allowing us to forget it.

My theory is that Cercei will survive too the very end at which point the Iron Bank will have a FM sent after her, which will inevitably be Arya. Arya being sent back now is pointless really, she is still too young and would be easy pickings for any of the Kings Guard or in fact, any decent sellsword.

I don't know if the pace of the books will change now that everyone seems to be converging. The only way I see Arya coming back with enough strength and experience to make an impact is if tWoW and aDoS is stretched so that they each cover a period of 5 to 10 years. The same thing with Rickon, he is simply too young to make a meaningful impression. The only thing I see happening with him when he comes back is an army under his banner retaking Winterfell and him being assigned a steward or castellan...a good or bad one is depending on GRRM.

I don't believe that Arya will be sent to kill Daenarys anytime soon, the FM seem like the best and them sending a little girl to kill someone as high profile as Daenarys seems tardy. The Cercei assassination though has been earmarked for Arya because she is the highest profile one left on Arya's death list.

However, GRRM always surprises me.

Someone has already said it, but the Iron Throne is in heaps of debt with the Iron Bank of Braavos. Cercei notably keeps refusing to pay up, she keeps getting messages, ravens, people slipping hints here there and everywhere. Usually these hints are 1 or 2 lines long in writing and Cercei quickly puts them aside thus easily allowing us to forget it.

My theory is that Cercei will survive too the very end at which point the Iron Bank will have a FM sent after her, which will inevitably be Arya. Arya being sent back now is pointless really, she is still too young and would be easy pickings for any of the Kings Guard or in fact, any decent sellsword.

I don't know if the pace of the books will change now that everyone seems to be converging. The only way I see Arya coming back with enough strength and experience to make an impact is if tWoW and aDoS is stretched so that they each cover a period of 5 to 10 years. The same thing with Rickon, he is simply too young to make a meaningful impression. The only thing I see happening with him when he comes back is an army under his banner retaking Winterfell and him being assigned a steward or castellan...a good or bad one is depending on GRRM.

I don't believe that Arya will be sent to kill Daenarys anytime soon, the FM seem like the best and them sending a little girl to kill someone as high profile as Daenarys seems tardy. The Cercei assassination though has been earmarked for Arya because she is the highest profile one left on Arya's death list.

However, GRRM always surprises me.

This can't happen. FM can't kill people they know. Jaqen though...now there's a great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Arya is destined to be sent to kill someone in Westeros. I'm hoping she learns how to lie well enough so that if the "someone" turns out to be someone she knows, she can say, "I do not know this person" and they will believe her. Someone on her list, like Cersei. Arya could be the valonqar since she's Sansa's little sister, and it would be oh, so fitting!

People have mentioned Nymeria and how Arya still has warg dreams. I think the importance of this is to at some point remind Arya about who she really is.

I think this is important, is also really hope that she get together with Nymeria and het wolf army to raise some serious hell.

Archived