NYC Meetup TODAY

In my ongoing efforts to annoy as many people as possible with short-notice announcements, I will be in New York the weekend of June 15th. If anyone would like to get together, I would love to meet up.

Friday or Saturday night - will be out of town on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Details now cofirmed, barring any last minute cockups. Staying in midtown. Would be happy to get together with anyone in town on Friday or Saturday night.....

Trying to find somewhere that isn't so freakin' crowded and possibly has some outside space. :)

<ahem> There's always the beer garden in Hoboken....

Ok, I'll stop talking now.

20 min. from the 33rd St. PATH station to Hoboken Terminal, and then a 5 minute, $5 cab ride. But I just said it as a joke. If midtown is easier, that's cool.

The only drawback to the beer garden is that the outdoor space is small and will definitely be full on a Friday night. But the rest of the place is big enough.

Ha! OK, I chatted with Mr. X and due to Aratan being from out of town, it's probably just easier if we stick to Manhattan. He's looking into venues and we'll post by tomorrow.

But I promise that we'll come out to the beer garden! Once we've moved to our new place and I get a summer Friday (two weeks from now).

OK, we're going to Cannibal. Mr. X says he'll be there from 4pm, so hopefully we can get a seat outside. I'll be there as soon as I can. Those who would like my cell phone number for nerd-finding purposes, PM me.

Mr. X says he'll be wearing a grey polo shirt with a red cardinal embroidered on the left front. I will be wearing...clothes. ;)

113 E. 29th Street (that's between Park and Lexington). Some food available, plus beer and wine. Not sure how long we'll be there. At least until 7pm. :cheers:

If you guys are leaving at 7:00, and I can't get there til 6:30 or so, then I might just ditch.

:(

But understandable. I wish we could stay out later, but we have 1 million things that must happen tonight (I thought maybe I'd see a show later tonight, but I've ditched that plan, too) and for the rest of the weekend to prepare for next week's move to a new apartment. Once this giant monkey is off of our backs, our time will be (more or less) our own again. :(

Had a great time with the Xs, discussing beer and how we have lost contact with the suppliers of our food. We tried discussing the bookss but the couple at the table beside us then told us that they were still reading them, so we stopped that.

Thanks for a great evening Doug and Martha.

Tipsy is one way to describe how I felt last night.....this morning was mildly unpleasant.

Archived