Khal Drogo v The Mountain that Rides

Gandalf the Grey

The difference between the Mountains armor and Jorah's is that Gregor wears plate armor which is so heavy no one else would be able to move in them,This suggests that it's thick plate and plate armors are by virtue cover almost everything.

Plate armour still leaves gaps when somebody moves and this is what happen with Jorah. Qotho was skilled enough to strike in between the gaps just like Oberyn did. I don't think Drogo could win due to lack of experience and weaponry, but say he trained for a few months to fight people in plate armour with a better suited weapon, I would give him the edge.

Plate armour still leaves gaps when somebody moves and this is what happen with Jorah. Qotho was skilled enough to strike in between the gaps just like Oberyn did. I don't think Drogo could win due to lack of experience and weaponry, but say he trained for a few months to fight people in plate armour with a better suited weapon, I would give him the edge.

You'd still have to make Drogo wear armor,other wise one strike could slice him in half.

I never said it proved it could. I said Jorah was lucky. He was outclassed for most of the fight and only his opponents Arakh being caught on his hip bone for a fraction of a second allowed him to survive. If Qotho could find the weak points in the armour then I imagine the undefeated Drogo could do so even easier.

OK, so even if Drogo was able to cut the Mountain in an unarmored portion in his body, look what happened to Qotho. Lol. He dies.

The Mountain was also speared through the gut, stuck into the ground, and still had enough strength to crush a man's head with his fists. Drogo dies.

OK, so even if Drogo was able to cut the Mountain in an unarmored portion in his body, look what happened to Qotho. Lol. He dies.

The Mountain was also speared through the gut, stuck into the ground, and still had enough strength to crush a man's head with his fists. Drogo dies.

Qotho got unlucky and Qotho is not the undefeated Drogo. As I said before as things stand the Mountain would win, but if Drogo had time to launch his invasion and practice fighting against men in armour he would probably win with two dirks instead of his arahks. Drogo is a big man himself and immensely strong, but also exceptionally fast.

No matter how the plate is attached to each other, they still limit a knight's movement, as well as his visiblity and breathability. And the weight of the armor will become a disadvantage after long. Ser Gregor's said to have freakish strength, but not freakish endurance. Drojo can use his speed to keep Gregor off balance and once he tires out, he can get inside and pierce areas unprotected with daggers.

Fights of that fashion are done quickly. Normally not longer than 3 minutes. It's not easy to dodge all the time, as long as your enemy doesn't have some kind of stormtrooper disease and always misses. In olympic fencing, the referee stops after every hit, but in real life you could just tank a few blows and then crush your opponent. I can tell you that from several years expirience in reenacting and fencing. And finding unprotected areas might be hard. Under the plates kinghts wear chainmails and jerkins.

Trust me, when your Enemy is fully armored and has a big shield, you are so screwed if you don't wear anything to match.

This fight seems to have an obvious outcome: Gregor wins. Drogo is more skilled, faster, a better rider, etc., but the superiority of the Mountain's equipment is simply insurmountable in this case. Barring exceptional circumstances such as Gregor tripping mid-duel or both combatants fighting without armor, Drogo dies 95 times out of 100. Drogo's problem is not just that he lacks adequate protection, but that his weapons (an arakh and a bow) lack the ability to harm Gregor. The bow might be capable of inflicting damage with a lucky hit against most knights, but Gregor's exceptionally thick plate armor makes this extremely unlikely.

Assuming 1v1 combat, probably the Mountain. Dothraki weapons may have trouble penetrating thick Westerosi armour.

This is absolutely true..

In a fair fight, they meet at the battlefield, both are rested and they do not get interrupted, Gregor with his armor wins every day of the week.

Without any armor, Drogo would probably slay most people in the series, atleast Show drogo. I'm not sure how good Book drogo actually is. I can't remember.

The Mountain obviously, Gregor's armor is one of the heaviest and no man can wear it except him, perhaps Hodor, but drogo with his leather skin vest and his arakh wont even penetrate Gregor's armor, he will die and he will loose his tinkling bells. Dorgo may be fast but he will need a speer to penetrate like obeyron did, and of good quality, dothraki use arakhs and bows so Drogo will loose

In terms of fighting skill, Drogo is better. But in terms of strength, defense, and weapon effectiveness, I'd go Gregor. Even if Drogo was mounted and Gregor was on his feet, I'd still go with Gregor. Dothraki weaponry is designed for combat in Essos, where heavy armor is virtually nonexistant. Oznak zo Pahl had copper scale armor, if I remember correctly. Belwas took him and his horse with an Arakh. Were Gregor using the heaviest Essos style armor, I'd like Drogo's chances better. But full plate? Drogo wouldn't hurt him much, if at all.

You'd still have to make Drogo wear armor,other wise one strike could slice him in half.

When you are facing the Mountain one strike is going to slice you in half no matter what really. Against the Mountain is probably one of the rare occassions where armour is not a huge advantage.

Well Drogo is an expert warrior, the first thing he would look at is the probable weaknesses -the more obvious is the slowness of the mountain-, just like the red viper did, and move all around him quickly. Drogo was tall so his reach would allowed him to get just close enough to hit the vulnerable areas of the armor and attack from the back as fast as he can (that is the advantage of the arakh).

I would go with Drogo, because his expertice and speed,The Mountain just uses his strenght and nothing more. Tough fight though

Archived