Is it too obvious that Jamie... [SPOILERS]

Mormont'sRaven

There are literally freaking tons of valonqars in this. I'd nominate my beloved Renly, but... :crying:

From a narrative standpoint, it would be just enough of a twist for the casual readers if he had Jaime do it, and thwarting some of the funkier theories the hardcore fans have come up with is probably for the best. That being said, I don't the GRRM will just stop at Jaime. The twist will be big and fun and exciting; probably someone we haven't considered yet.

As far as HOW she dies: defenestration

VENGEANCE IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH BRAN :smoking:

When I read about the prophecy I immediately thought that the valonqar was to be Jaime and the young queen was to be Daenerys. After finishing A Feast for Crows I'm not so sure about Dany anymore, but still think Jaime wil do it. He truly loved Cersei and did for her horrible things he never would have made otherwise (pushing Bran, searching for Arya to cut off her hand, threatening to kill Robert). She repayed his love with scorn and treason, and he can't stand that. I think that once again he wil do something against his nature, driven mad for the love of Cersei, but that time Cersei will be the victim.

• 4 weeks later...

While training with Ser Ilyn Payne in the godswoods outside Darry, he confessed to fucking cersei, wanting to kill robert, ect,

Since he admitted his sins in the godswoods, is that a sign of further change from the vain kingslayer?

no he's just having a brag

Like a previous poster in this thread I think to expect the unexpected with GRRM, so previously at the start of the book you might not have expected it but throughout it the deterioration of their relationship is chronicled so at the end of it I can actually see it. So therefore it would be too obvious and probably won't happen now haha!

The idea had crossed my mind, but indeed, I somehow think it would be a bit too obvious. I think the weird prophecy (if it even is reliable in this aspect) might refer to something completely different and obscure. (No idea what, though.)

I can imagine Jaime killing Cersei either for the reasons stated above, or for some completely random reason - maybe some sort of "accident" (in a sudden fit of anger, for instance; e.g. they are sitting and dining, talking, then she says something really mean, he gets angry up to the point that he hits her, he actually hits her with his golden hand without realising how much more strength that one does, and kills her. Okay, that sounds stupid, but you get the point).

I think Jaime's coming back to claim his son and remove him from the madness. Cersei will try to stop him, and he will strangle her - with one human and one cold as ice hand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Regardless of whether it's predictable or not, it needs to happen. It would be lame if Tyrion was actually the valonqar. It's just way too obvious. It makes sense that Cersei, being so utterly convinced that Tyrion would kill her, fails to recognise the other threat:the twin brother she mistreated. It's possible that Cersei still sees her and Jaime as one and thus, has never seen him as a younger brother or the valonqar. That's why I think it should be Jaime, even though it's obvious. From a narrative perspective, it's the best choice.

Of the two, I'd put my bets on Jamie, though I'd hope that if he ends up being responsible for her death, it's in an accidental/indirect sort of way.... I'm vested in his gradual redemption...

I think Loras would be a more interesting twist. A little cliched, but I've always liked the "self-fulfilling prophecy" storyline.... Cersei tries to remove/kill Margaery, perceiving her (incorrectly, I suspect) as the Queen that will depose her (I have my bets on that referring to Daenerys, not Margaery), thereby bringing about her own demise by the valonqar.

(As an aside - Cersei's obsession with Margaery as a threat is the most frustrating part of her entire story-line. 1. Cersei's not Queen, and never will again be Queen because her husband's dead. She's Queen Regent. And that means that no matter what she does, she WILL be replaced by another Queen unless her son remains childless. So, how the heck does removing Margaery help her?? Tommen will eventually have to marry another, or leave the realm without an heir. The depth of her lack of connection with reality is staggering.)

Not too obvious, but the potential is certainly there. Jaime may well end up killing Cersei, either to protect Tommen (who is after all his son) or to protect King's Landing.

:agree: Cersei's madness could lead her to destroy the kingdom; to end this, Jaime will kill her like he did to Mad King Aerys. Jaime is a true hero but people will label him the Queenslayer, or Sisterslayer, or Kinslayer in addition to Kingslayer.

My favorite Valonqar would be either:

Jaime: Obvious. Who would have a better reason to kill Cersei? She´s pretty much the only person in the world he trusts and now he finds out that she is betraying him like everyone else. Might be he needs to do it to make sure she doesn't kill Tommen, might be he does it in a rage or might be he kills her by not helping her.

Sandor Clegane: I do not know why nobody here has written this (or did someone?), but I think it's definetely a possibility that Sandor is the Valonqar. He has an elder brother and a good reason to kill him.

It would fit so well, if Cersei would choose "trail by combat" (against the faith) and name the monster, Qyburn's working on (Gregor Clegane) her champion and the High Septon names the gravedigger from the Quiet Isle, who we all know is probably Sandor.

I have not read Dance yet, so we will see if this is total nonsense...

Kevan: Is a younger brother and he doesn't really like Cersei that much. So... why not? But I actually don't see him as an potential Kinslayer.

Tyrion: In my opinion it would be to obvious, because it is exactly what Cersei fears. But before Martin lets her live on even Tyrion would fit.

Loras: Not very likely, because wounded, but he will protect Margaery at any cost.

Stannis, the Stark boys, Danny aso. would be lame in my opinion. There is no personal connection to Cersei at all.

Sry for bad english (maybe?) ;)

Archived