Edmonton - Western Canada celebration!

Arbor Gold is coming to Edmonton for a few days, so I can think of no better reason to celebrate than that!

Thursday June 28th evening, we're looking at food, drinks, and chatting. Location TBA shortly.

If you wanna meet some other Albertans, come out! Sis Who Swears promises she'll be there, and she's worth the price of admission all on her own! ;)

When Satan goes skating to work, I'll look for you!

Actually I believe hell, in fact, may have frozen over. Consider this: Arthmail may be the first in history to attend an event organized over a fantasy literature nerd site - and be the only man in attendance! :lmao:

To Arthmail :cheers:

When Satan goes skating to work, I'll look for you!

Actually I believe hell, in fact, may have frozen over. Consider this: Arthmail may be the first in history to attend an event organized over a fantasy literature nerd site - and be the only man in attendance! :lmao:

To Arthmail :cheers:

I wanna play too :(

Salome, thank you for organizing this! I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone. This will be the most fun I've ever had in Edmonton! I had a brief moment of panic today when a co-worker considered tagging along with me on this trip, but luckily he abandoned that line of thinking and I'm on my own.

So apparently some big DEAL on the board is coming to town. My town. A big to-do is being planned, other VIP's are involved, excitement levels are being raised.

I guess I can suck it up and go.

If I have to.

:P

This will be the most fun I've ever had in Edmonton!

Whoa! WHOA. What? Holy fuck, talk about pressure!

Oh. Yes. THANK YOU SSW!!! You are the bestest! :grouphug:

Also, everybody even remotely near here better come to this shin-dig... Hey, I just had a baby and I'M going. Just sayin'.

With her current breastfeeding duties, it's a good bet! :lol:

Ironically, my current avatar is a photo of me - which looks nothing like me.

But, for the record, I'm totally into gnomes.

(Not gonna lie - I'm a little relieved you don't look like a scary darth vader pug).

I think we hit a new world record. A get-together was organized over a fantasy lit site - and only women showed up!!! And that was exactly how it was meant to be - a girl's night out. You guys are fantastic. So thrilled we got to meet up in person. :grouphug:

Mash - come to Canada. You'll love us too! You and SWS can trade baby stories.

Mash - come to Canada. You'll love us too! You and SWS can trade baby war stories.

Oh, I know I'll love you! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to make it over there some year. Then I'll insist on meeting all of you, and Angalin, and LooN and seeing Ser Reptitious again. :)

I do want to meet AG too, damn it. When are you coming this way?

Just wanted to pop in again and thank Solome for organizing this get-together and to give Sis major props for making it out. I had such wonderful time with you ladies - I needed that!

I do want to meet AG too, damn it. When are you coming this way?

There is a possibility that I will be close enough to your neck of the woods late fall that it would be insane for me to not pop over to see you guys. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's about 84,000,000 things that need to happen to get me there, but I have been aggressively fighting for the opportunity so if it comes together, I will be the one going. :).

There is a possibility that I will be close enough to your neck of the woods late fall that it would be insane for me to not pop over to see you guys. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's about 84,000,000 things that need to happen to get me there, but I have been aggressively fighting for the opportunity so if it comes together, I will be the one going. :).

That would be incredible! :) *crosses fingers*

Archived