Heresy 16

Black Crow

It would certainly make things interesting, but why would Bran never again think about seeing himself as something so fearful? I can understand hiding far-away fears, but not one so close to oneself.

A fair point to which i have no answer - there was some recent Heretical debate about winter "entering" Sansa - maybe thats what happened to Bran, (in fact maybe Winter "Wins" when it gets into all the living Starks? )

(C ) I think it is accepted that Joff was behind the assassination attempt. If BR wanted Bran out of the picture, he could have killed him with ravens, or have Coldhands kill him. I think it is more than getting Bran out of WF, Bran has great potential.

I just meant the Fire and Valyrian Steel could be symbolic and just intended to stirr up things... Like Bloodraven playing both sides of the game until he has someone else to play against..? I'm not hung up on this theory though just toying with it as a possibility...

(D) Old Bear was killed by deserters who chose that they were done with the Watch, and knew they had to kill him if they wanted to live beyond the Wall. It seems like Mormont's raven is BR's spy, and you raise a good point about the attack on the Fist.

I was thinking more about the two wights that they brought behind the Wall that rose up and killed the First Ranger and tried to kill the LC... How did they know who the new First Ranger was... they died (oringinally) with Benjen ... whoever is controlling them has insider info... and just like Ghost senses the Others and raises the alarm... what happened to Mormonts Raven? We have seen ravens used to attack (or should i say distract ;) )Others... but not in this case... and i find that suspicious...

And there is an odd feeling i can't seem to shake regarding the dead things in Bloodravens cave... the heads that appear on spikes outside Crasters... and the animals that attack the NW... something oddly foreboding about the dead bears head outside Crasters... foreshadowing Mormonts death..? Maybe there is no link - but it feels like there should be...

It would certainly make things interesting, but why would Bran never again think about seeing himself as something so fearful? I can understand hiding far-away fears, but not one so close to oneself.

I suppose it would be a shock intially ... Bran: "oh shit... that's me!?" ... BR: "now you know why you must live" ... Bran: "why?" (still confused) ... BR: "Because Winter is coming!" ... Bran: "Oh i get it ... our House words... so we truly are the Kings of Winter? and Winter is coming?" BR: "Well done, have a scooby snack..."

Archived