Ser Jorah Question (serious)

ServantOnIce

Ser Jorah can't take the Black because while Sam is studying at the citadel he learns that in order to defeat The Others the magic in the "Wall" need to be realesed.

Sam Blows the Horn ,Wall goes ByeBye

No Wall , no more NW , Jon(after he comes back to life) is free to rule as King of the Seven kingdoms.

I have a detailed and justifiable account of what happens to Jorah Mormont that i will be add soon. To understand the broader situation, you'd need to understand and agree with (at least partially) the circumstances outlined here....

http://asoiaf.wester...-and-melisandre

For now i'll say i'm pretty sure Mormont gets a certain sword back, as when he joins the Nights Watch all his criminal behaviour is nullified, and so his sins are forgiven enough for him to be able to claim hid birth rite... Longclaw.

I honestly think Dany will forgive him after a redemptive arc.

I believe he becomes the 1,000th LC of the NW and receives Longclaw (his family's sword) from the previous LC of the NW (Jon, who owns it now). I think it would be a fitting, redemptive end.

I don't really think that Jorah's a man in need of "redemption" in the same way that people talk about others, like Tyrion or Jaime Lannister, requiring it. He's not a nice guy, but he hasn't done anywhere near the kinds of things that many of the other characters have. I'm of the mind that he's been through enough already and deserves a break and little happiness.

I don't really think that Jorah's a man in need of "redemption" in the same way that people talk about others, like Tyrion or Jaime Lannister, requiring it. He's not a nice guy, but he hasn't done anywhere near the kinds of things that many of the other characters have. I'm of the mind that he's been through enough already and deserves a break and little happiness.

He sold people into slavery and was sentenced to death but instead of accepting the sentence he fled the country and disgraced the family name. That is why LC Mormont passed on the longtime family heirloom (Longclaw) to Jon, his only son was a disgrace. I think he is definitely a man that needs redemption.

He sold people into slavery and was sentenced to death but instead of accepting the sentence he fled the country and disgraced the family name. That is why LC Mormont passed on the longtime family heirloom (Longclaw) to Jon, his only son was a disgrace. I think he is definitely a man that needs redemption.

I'm not saying Mormont was justified in trying to sell the poachers to a slaver, but it's not an offense deserving of a death sentence or exile. Since he did leave (and he willingly left Longclaw behind on Bear Island when he left; he could have taken it with him) and since he's lived in exile for most of a decade, I think he's paid his dues. It's clear he's not a bad person, just weak and kind of pathetic when he's in love. He needs to learn a couple of lessons, but there's nothing there that really requires redemption.

I'm not saying Mormont was justified in trying to sell the poachers to a slaver, but it's not an offense deserving of a death sentence or exile. Since he did leave (and he willingly left Longclaw behind on Bear Island when he left; he could have taken it with him) and since he's lived in exile for most of a decade, I think he's paid his dues. It's clear he's not a bad person, just weak and kind of pathetic when he's in love. He needs to learn a couple of lessons, but there's nothing there that really requires redemption.

Westeros thinks slaving is worth a death sentence, and I don't see how that's a bad policy within their harsh system of justice. He went into exile, and then told Dany to go buy a bunch of slaves herself. He's definitely learnt his lesson. He's also basically betrayed everyone he's ever worked for. And what is the proof he's a good person? Has he ever done a good act (beyond saving Dany I guess, but that was a combination of Varys telling him to and being in love with her)?

I think it's very meaningful that it's Jorah's voice Dany hears when she's almost dying and the end of ADwD. Not Dario, not Selmy, not Drogo. Jorah was the link between her and Westeros, she lost her ways when she sent him away, she needs him by her side to get back on track.

I know that everyone wants Jorah to take the black, fulfil his father dying wish & all that, but I would really hate if that happened. He deserves more than live in celibacy till the end of his days. What about the great house of Mormonts? he needs to have a son, so once he gets Longclaw back, he has someone to pass it on to.

Basically, what I want for Jorah is to get some bedchamber action :blushing:

I think Ser Jorah will wind up back with Daenerys and will eventually make his way to Westeros with her. I see him getting an opportunity to redeem himself and bring honor to his family for a change.

His disinterest in his survival makes me think that. He will have a part to play to the bitter end, but this is GRRM, so we could read about his death in the prologue of the next book...you never know!

Mormont doesn't care about redemption of name so much as redemption with Dany. He may get forgiveness from Dany, but there's no way I see him returning to the North and living.

If he wanted to join the Watch, he could, but obviously has zero desire to do so. My guess is that he dies, either protecting Dany or doing something stupid to curry her favor.

• 3 months later...

I don't think Jorah makes it out of Essos, but man I would love it if he did. Can you imagine it? a hairy Jorah Mormont coming back to Westeros, with his face completely covered in tattoos?? What could be more terrifying? :bowdown:

Archived