Manning the Royal Navy: WK's Guide to Shipping in ASoIaF-Take 2

Winter's Knight

Will you be one of our sailors then, Stannis? :wideeyed:

Hah I've always believed in Sansan, I mean hell Martin has said himself he put it out there. Sure I'll sail with you guys, you seem like some righteous swashbucklers. It would really seem like Sansan has the most merit of any ship I've ever read though concerning ASOIAF, though Wk has some serious jedi mind tricks. She could probably make a convincing thread about the hidden love between The Yellow Whale and Maester Pycelle.

What's the procedure when a ship dies(sinks?) chalk it up to tough break and move on?

Mance and Fat Walda, after he makes her a widow. Becomes new Lord of the Dreadfort.

Things fall apart for the Lannisters and Cersei is forced to become the Grand Septons's paramour.

Littlefinger and Dany, because why not? Likewise, Lancel and Val

Edric Storm and Myrcella.

Oh, you have to join the names, all cutesy-poo?

Manalda, Cersept, Litany, Vancel, and Edrella

Hah I've always believed in Sansan, I mean hell Martin has said himself he put it out there. Sure I'll sail with you guys, you seem like some righteous swashbucklers.

Yayyyy!

What's the procedure when a ship dies(sinks?) chalk it up to tough break and move on?

Why, when a ship sinks, we go down with it, of course.

Hah I've always believed in Sansan, I mean hell Martin has said himself he put it out there. Sure I'll sail with you guys, you seem like some righteous swashbucklers. It would really seem like Sansan has the most merit of any ship I've ever read though concerning ASOIAF, though Wk has some serious jedi mind tricks. She could probably make a convincing thread about the hidden love between The Yellow Whale and Maester Pycelle.

There's a lot of ranting involved in the healing process. One's ship sinking can be very painful as any ZUko/Katara fans'll tell you.

There's a lot of ranting involved in the healing process. One's ship sinking can be very painful as any ZUko/Katara fans'll tell you.

How many shipwrecks have you been in WK? I'm trying to count rn, but too many fandoms.

How many shipwrecks have you been in WK? I'm trying to count rn, but too many fandoms.

Let me see: there was Zuko/Katara and Aang/Toph from Avatar:the Last Airbender, the Doctor and Jack, the Doctor and Amy and Rory from Doctor Who, Jack/Ianto from Torchwood (although that was more death of a partner), LeLouche/Suzaku,LeLouche/C.C. from Code Geass, Light/L from Death Note, Joey/Phoebe from Friends, Sue/awesomeness from Glee..

Those are the ones I remember off the top off my head. Then there are those like Sirius/Remus which were neither denied nor confirmed in-text or out.

What what what are you doing

He can't die

You'll hear my screams all the way across the bloody Atlantic ocean, I tell you

Mine too. Ill go all Faceless Man on some shizz.

I will be First Mate on the Sansdor ship! Yar har ho!

My biggest shipwreck was Neville/Luna from Harry Potter. The last movie was awesome because it salvaged that ship! Sadly, its not canon.

Let me see: there was Zuko/Katara and Aang/Toph from Avatar:the Last Airbender, the Doctor and Jack, the Doctor and Amy and Rory from Doctor Who, Jack/Ianto from Torchwood (although that was more death of a partner), LeLouche/Suzaku,LeLouche/C.C. from Code Geass, Light/L from Death Note, Joey/Phoebe from Friends, Sue/awesomeness from Glee..

Those are the ones I remember off the top off my head. Then there are those like Sirius/Remus which were neither denied nor confirmed in-text or out.

Here, have some rum, WK. Those are some rough seas you've been sailing. Doctor Who is just so mean to ships. Still not over Rose/Doctor.

Here, have some rum, WK. Those are some rough seas you've been sailing. Doctor Who is just so mean to ships. Still not over Rose/Doctor.

For realsies, you keep this up WK you'll be sailing a ghost fleet. I now have some trepidation about slapping on my George W. Bush flightsuit and reporting for duty on the USS SanSan.

For realsies, you keep this up WK you'll be sailing a ghost fleet. I now have some trepidation about slapping on my George W. Bush flightsuit and reporting for duty on the USS SanSan.

*downs rum*

Man the helm Mr StanBam and watch out for the H.M.S. Hansa-we want to avoid combat as far as possible.

What do you guys think of Sansa ending up as an Elizabeth I type figure-officially unshackled but satisfying her romantic desires on the side?

*downs rum*

Man the helm Mr StanBam and watch out for the H.M.S. Hansa-we want to avoid combat as far as possible.

What do you guys think of Sansa ending up as an Elizabeth I type figure-officially unshackled but satisfying her romantic desires on the side?

I actually totes see the elizabeth comparison, in AFFC I get the vibe from Sansa that she's in control now and knows the ins and outs of the game, she's just really come into her own. Plus her marriage to Tyrion may have ruined the idea of marriage all together.

Is it safe to say though...in some crazy bizarro asoiaf that hopefully doesn't come true.... if her and LF fell in like some irrational, totally unexpected mutual love that would be the equivalent of the USS Sansan getting broadsided and sent to Davey Jones Locker?

Is it safe to say though...in some crazy bizarro asoiaf that hopefully doesn't come true.... if her and LF fell in like some irrational, totally unexpected mutual love that would be the equivalent of the USS Sansan getting broadsided and sent to Davey Jones Locker?

I will kick the author repeatedly if this occurs. D:<

I actually totes see the elizabeth comparison, in AFFC I get the vibe from Sansa that she's in control now and knows the ins and outs of the game, she's just really come into her own. Plus her marriage to Tyrion may have ruined the idea of marriage all together.

Apart from both being redheads, they also share the scarred-by-creepy-guardian aspect: it is theorised that Tom Seymour's advances during her early adolescence was responsible for putting good Queen Bess off marriage.

Yes.

Also I do believe that this would make drop the series.

My firepit would have fuel. If Lf/Sansa were to happen I'd shoot a few arrows into the book, colour it Targ colours and take a huge sledge hammer to it, chop off it's manhood cover and feed it to some goats then burn it.

My firepit would have fuel. If Lf/Sansa were to happen I'd shoot a few arrows into the book, colour it Targ colours and take a huge sledge hammer to it, chop off it's manhood cover and feed it to some goats then burn it.

hah brony you always getta few chuckles out of me. My reaction would be similar. Though I don't live on a farm or anything I'd prolly have to talk to some unsavory gentlemen about procuring livestock. I just threw that hypothetical out there as basically the nuclear option for Sansan, and Sansa in general really.

Mind explaining the others as well? I couldn't work out Bambi or Obellari. (I assume Throbb = Theon/Robb.)

Also, I was informed of the existence of this tumblr recently, and think it is relevant.

That is the most hilarious thing ever!!!!!

So I just got done reading the Sansan stuff Lea and K3 left for me, thanks again, and I mean that is overwhelming evidence, almost a done deal. When is time to upgrade your ship from like sailboat to a battleship? When does the ship set sail exactly? When there actually romantically together? I have questions!

Question away! I love questions on this topic. Also, links to a few more posts that I think you'll like:

My reading of what is un-said during their conversation on the serpentine steps, adds a whole new meaning to what else is going on. Add it to the sexual metaphors: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/69116-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-v/page__st__400#entry3341162

claiming agency through erotic power: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/70772-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-viii/page__st__60#entry3414855

and another from brashcandy on the rooftop scene: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/67051-from-pawn-to-player-rethinking-sansa-ii/page__st__220#entry3252238

It requires either a canon launch (Harry asking Ginny out) or a Word of God confirmation such as Kirk/Spock.

In the case of SanSan I believe we'll get some in-text confirmation probably as Sandor dies with a kiss to confirm.

What what what are you doing

He can't die

You'll hear my screams all the way across the bloody Atlantic ocean, I tell you

Don't say that WK! Don't say die. Goonies never say die!

Archived