Win or Loose, is Stannis still doomed?

Rains

Yeah, great points -- I didn't even mention the Iron Bank. I suppose because IMO it'll be a slow process getting the money and troops from them. Stannis' more immediate issues include the upcoming battle, securing the loyalty of the Northmen, avoiding Crown forces, repelling Iron Born, securing Castle Black, finding a Stark for Winterfell, and so on.

I think in Stannis' situation, the Crown forces and the Ironborn aren't likely to be a concern anytime soon. The Ironborn are spent in the North, the royal fleet has gone missing, (to Stannis or Aegon, it would seem,) and the Tyrells will be forced to split their forces between the Stormlands, the Reach and KL.

I think in Stannis' situation, the Crown forces and the Ironborn aren't likely to be a concern anytime soon. The Ironborn are spent in the North, the royal fleet has gone missing, (to Stannis or Aegon, it would seem,) and the Tyrells will be forced to split their forces between the Stormlands, the Reach and KL.

I wonder if Auran Waters will defect to Aegon or return to Stannis?

I wonder if Auran Waters will defect to Aegon or return to Stannis?

That is the question, and it has been discussed quite a bit. Aegon or Stannis seem the most likely destinations, followed by some task for Varys or having been paid by the Tyrells to help with the defense if the Reach.

That is the question, and it has been discussed quite a bit. Aegon or Stannis seem the most likely destinations, followed by some task for Varys or having been paid by the Tyrells to help with the defense if the Reach.

Didn't Cersei think that he had taken the ships and started pirating around the Stepstones?

This enigmatic, elaborately-dressed financier is certainly well informed. I suppose members of the Iron Bank would have to be, being the financial heart that's pumping funds around of half the civilised world. Shenanigans!

Bravosi economy is largly based on seatrade. The Iron Bank having this info, is not surprising.

I'm not sure Stannis is doomed. I'm sure he'll get out of this bad situation soon.

Stannis is Just and driven by duty, would he bend the knee to Danerys? I think he would especially if Dany come to the rescue of the seven kingdom from the others............However i think it is Stannis destiny to die for service to the realm of men. He will save the North from the Boltons and get a Stark back at Winterfell, He will point Melisandre in the right direction of new comming of Azor Ahai (if he hasn't already) he will come to regret being part of Renlys death, He will somehow ensure his daughter prospers whne he is gone and that a Baratheon (poss Gendry) sits at storm end. He has a lot to do but as i said i think he destined to die to........ Davos will outlive him and be one of the big heros of the song!

I'm not sure if Stannis is going to bend the knee but I would love it if he did. Since you know he supposedly doesn't want the throne. :P And I really hope Dany will be a part of the war against the Others.

Aurane joining Aegon would be logical plot-wise since it would give Aegon some initial semblence of a fleet while waiting for lords with naval power to join his cause. However, it remains unclear what he is doing right now, kind of like Darkstar (though with more background information as it relates to the present war).

Aurane joining Aegon would be logical plot-wise since it would give Aegon some initial semblence of a fleet while waiting for lords with naval power to join his cause. However, it remains unclear what he is doing right now, kind of like Darkstar (though with more background information as it relates to the present war).

This is the issue for me, Aurane waters doesn't really serve a plot purpose unless he is a) connected with what is almost certainly a deceit involving Dragonstone, B) heading for Stannis, c) heading for Aegon or d) Heading for the Reach to help defeat the Ironborn. IMO, a, b and c seem more likely as they are more connected to his character.

Also, the less we find out about what Dorkstar is doing, the better.

It was mentioned once that someone(one of the Florents) saw Staniis sitting on the Iron Throne in a fire vision. I think Stannis will sit the Iron Throne as someones Hand. I love to believe as either Danys or Jons, but Stannis can't meet his end yet, out of all the Kings he's the only one defending the wall and humanity he has to get a break.

It was mentioned once that someone(one of the Florents) saw Staniis sitting on the Iron Throne in a fire vision. I think Stannis will sit the Iron Throne as someones Hand. I love to believe as either Danys or Jons, but Stannis can't meet his end yet, out of all the Kings he's the only one defending the wall and humanity he has to get a break.

"Or Jon" Kill me if that happens. "Or Dany", resurrect me and do it again. Together the two fo them don't make a half decent ruler. Stannis WILL sit the Ironthrone. Dany will die with her Dragons defeating the others and magic will leave the world once again. It is known.

"Or Jon" Kill me if that happens. "Or Dany", resurrect me and do it again. Together the two fo them don't make a half decent ruler. Stannis WILL sit the Ironthrone. Dany will die with her Dragons defeating the others and magic will leave the world once again. It is known.

:bang:

"It is known." means as much as "Once upon a time."

I'm not sure Stannis is doomed. I'm sure he'll get out of this bad situation soon.

I'm not sure if Stannis is going to bend the knee but I would love it if he did. Since you know he supposedly doesn't want the throne. :P And I really hope Dany will be a part of the war against the Others.

I just have to point out that When Stannis killed Renly, Renly was a criminal who had refused the option to surrender. I know its still Kinslaying, but in certain ways he didn't do anything wrong.

Archived