Your most Ridiculous Theories--Post em here

Ser Generic

Lyanna is not dead. After the ToJ, Ned brought back the body of another woman to be buried in the crypts at Winterfell. The real Lyanna is hidden at Greywater Watch under the protection of Howland Reed. Here is some of the "evidence" I have to back this up:

1. When Ned left for the ToJ after the sack of King's Landing he was not in good terms with Robert, Ned did not want his sister marrying such a man.

2. There is no mention of anyone seeing the body of Lyanna Stark as Ned brought the bones back from the ToJ himself

3. Robert mentions that the stonemason who carved Lyanna tomb at Winterfell failed to capture her beauty

4. Howland Reed was Ned Stark's closest friend, yet he did not answer when Robb called his banners, he sent his two children instead but no soldiers and did not come himself to plead fealty to Robb (interesting to notice how no one in the story makes a big deal of that, whereas it seems rather contrary to the tradition of Northern honor and devotion to the Starks). This to means that Howland Reed is protecting something so valuable that he was told by Ned not to risk his strenght under any circumstances.

5. No one witnessed what happened at the ToJ except for Howland Reed whom we have, conveniently, never seen or heard from.

6. Ned and Howland Reed knew that Jon Snow was the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna and needed to protect him.

7. The "death" of Lyanna reconciled Robert and Ned, allowed for the marriage with Cersei Lannister and prevented further bloodshed after the sack of King's Landing

I know it sounds crazy but I can't help but think the assumption that Lyanna actually died in ToJ is far too often taken for granted while there is no actual evidence or witnesses to it happening.

I also had a worst possible ending for the series scenario thought out (which is kind of a theory about the future):

- Bran becomes a greenseer but his powers never do anything plot relevant. He dies of old age without ever doing anything significant in Westerosi History.

- Hodor, Meera and Jojen fall off a cliff.

- Benjen died of starvation. His body did not become a wight.

- Coldhands is just some dead NW ranger.

- Jon is dead.

- Ghost was killed by the boar.

- Bowen Marsh becomes Lord Commander and sends the wildings back North. He is pretty incompetent at his job but it doesn't matter since it turns out the wall works well by itself so when the Others come they just can't cross and the SK were safe all along.

- Melissandre catchs fire while staring the flames. The towers burns and Patchface, Shireen, Melissandre and the Queen die.

- Stannis loses the battle against Bolton forces and him, Theon, Asha, the bank guy, Jeyne, Mance and all the rest die.

- House Bolton becomes the ruling house of the North.

- Lord Manderly dies of a stroke.

- Howland Reed dies before revealing anything about TJ. It doesn't matter anyway, turns out Jon is just Ned's son with some whore.

- Littlefinger is murdered by the Lords of the Vale. Sansa is seen as his bastard daughter for the rest of her life and marries a steward.

- Arya doesn't survive FM training.

- Rickon was killed in Skagos by some cannibal.

- Tommen rules the SK into his 80s and has many children.

- Walder Frey lives into 120s and dies peacefully in his sleep. Tommen's heir is married to a Frey.

- Cersei spends the rest of her days peacefully in CR.

- Jaime is killed by a man of the BwB in trial by combat.

- Lady Stoneheart rots, BwB disbands and they all die as outlaws (including Brienne and Podrick).

- Aegon gets greyscale for Connington and dies from it. JonCon too. Their whole plan falls apart. Varys abandons his scheming life.

- Khal Jhoqo (or Pono?) takes Dany to vaes dothrak wto live there till the end of her days. She is killed by him after attempting to resist. Her dragons roam Essos for some decades.

- Meereen, Yunkai and Astapor return to their former organization. Barristan Selmy is killed.

- Tyrion, Penny and Jorah live briefly as sellswords before being killed by the flux.

- Victarion doesn't find anything relevant

- Euron is King of the Iron Isles for some more years and never achieves anything else.

- Margaery comes ou as innocent, she remains married to Tommen.

- Doran Martell dies of natural causes. Arianne is married to some Yronwood.

- Darkstar dies in fight with some sellsword.

- Sam becomes a maester. And it has absolutly no relevance to anything.

Well, my newest crackpot is that Azor Ahai and the Prince that was promised are two different people.

The Prince-was supposed to raise dragons from stone-Dany does that-and I think that's what Aemon was talking about.

Rhaegar thought that The Prince was the same person as Azor Ahai Reborn(as Mel and some others think), which was why he thought he had to be a warrior and all that other stuff.

Meanwhile, we have Azor Ahai-who is supposed to save mankind in the fight with the Others. Well, that's what our darling Jon Snow has been up to for a while now.

Also, the prince that was promised could have been anyone-even Viserys. Dany hatched her dragons using what MMD told her-hence, anyone could have done it-it was a 'deux-ex-machina' moment.

Also, Illyrio gave Dany the dragons because he thought she'd kill herself while trying to hatch them. He asked Viserys to stay with him and wait for his army, because he knew Viserys for a year back then and he knew that Viserys didn't listen to anyone and that his temper would get him killed in a khallasar. Varys and Ilyrio have planned on placing YG on the throne without any other Targaryen possible heirs coming for the throne as well, but Dany actually managing to hatch the eggs kind of put a damper on the whole thing, so they decide to send Aegon to Dany.

@butterbumps the mummer that Steffon drowned, never to be found again. Patchface is the Prophet of The Drown God sent by the Drown God to fortelling of his rising, for the up coming War between the Gods....

Earth(CoTF) and Water(Drowned God)

Iron(first men) and Steel(Andals)

Fire(R'hllor) and Ice (Others)

I also had a worst possible ending for the series scenario thought out (which is kind of a theory about the future):

- Bran becomes a greenseer but his powers never do anything plot relevant. He dies of old age without ever doing anything significant in Westerosi History.

- Hodor, Meera and Jojen fall off a cliff.

- Benjen died of starvation. His body did not become a wight.

- Coldhands is just some dead NW ranger.

- Jon is dead.

- Ghost was killed by the boar.

- Bowen Marsh becomes Lord Commander and sends the wildings back North. He is pretty incompetent at his job but it doesn't matter since it turns out the wall works well by itself so when the Others come they just can't cross and the SK were safe all along.

- Melissandre catchs fire while staring the flames. The towers burns and Patchface, Shireen, Melissandre and the Queen die.

- Stannis loses the battle against Bolton forces and him, Theon, Asha, the bank guy, Jeyne, Mance and all the rest die.

- House Bolton becomes the ruling house of the North.

- Lord Manderly dies of a stroke.

- Howland Reed dies before revealing anything about TJ. It doesn't matter anyway, turns out Jon is just Ned's son with some whore.

- Littlefinger is murdered by the Lords of the Vale. Sansa is seen as his bastard daughter for the rest of her life and marries a steward.

- Arya doesn't survive FM training.

- Rickon was killed in Skagos by some cannibal.

- Tommen rules the SK into his 80s and has many children.

- Walder Frey lives into 120s and dies peacefully in his sleep. Tommen's heir is married to a Frey.

- Cersei spends the rest of her days peacefully in CR.

- Jaime is killed by a man of the BwB in trial by combat.

- Lady Stoneheart rots, BwB disbands and they all die as outlaws (including Brienne and Podrick).

- Aegon gets greyscale for Connington and dies from it. JonCon too. Their whole plan falls apart. Varys abandons his scheming life.

- Khal Jhoqo (or Pono?) takes Dany to vaes dothrak wto live there till the end of her days. She is killed by him after attempting to resist. Her dragons roam Essos for some decades.

- Meereen, Yunkai and Astapor return to their former organization. Barristan Selmy is killed.

- Tyrion, Penny and Jorah live briefly as sellswords before being killed by the flux.

- Victarion doesn't find anything relevant

- Euron is King of the Iron Isles for some more years and never achieves anything else.

- Margaery comes ou as innocent, she remains married to Tommen.

- Doran Martell dies of natural causes. Arianne is married to some Yronwood.

- Darkstar dies in fight with some sellsword.

- Sam becomes a maester. And it has absolutly no relevance to anything.

This is all my nightmares come true :dunce: what's even worse is that some of them are likely to happen. You think like GRRM.. OMG Mr. Martin is that you?

I have been uncovered! *disappears in smoke cloud*

On a slightly more serious note. I hope I don't think like GRRM, this is what I came up after reading DwD and though "What would be the most dissatisfying end possible?". On the other hand I think I got myself in a win-win situation. Either things don't end like this (which is good and rather likely) or I predicted something. Probably, I'll get more of the former. Which is better. Much better.

I have been uncovered! *disappears in smoke cloud*

On a slightly more serious note. I hope I don't think like GRRM, this is what I came up after reading DwD and though "What would be the most dissatisfying end possible?". On the other hand I think I got myself in a win-win situation. Either things don't end like this (which is good and rather likely) or I predicted something. Probably, I'll get more of the former. Which is better. Much better.

Along with your previous post about the bad endings, Aegon dies while taking Storm's End(still held by Stannis, right?) and JonCon kills himself.

Also, on the matter of Stannis/Asha/Theon/Jeyne-they never made it to Winterfell, there wasn't a battle. Ramsay sent the letter before taking off after Stannis and they[boltons, Stannis and their armies] of frostbite in the snows.

Hence the graves that GRRM has mentioned about the ending. :crying:

I know it sounds crazy but I can't help but think the assumption that Lyanna actually died in ToJ is far too often taken for granted while there is no actual evidence or witnesses to it happening.

I definitely agree with this part and a lot of what you say is very interesting.

I personally think Rhaegar and Lyanna faked their own deaths somehow.

I have a theory that in the pit "accident", someone tried to kil Dany - poison her. I have a very wacko theory that it were the FM - we know their love for poisoning. Even more ridiculous - Daario Naharis is the poisoner. Hahaha enough of my silly talk

AND My most ridiculous theory is that GRRM reads this forum and he is laughing his ass off every 5 seconds.

I have a theory that in the pit "accident", someone tried to kil Dany - poison her. I have a very wacko theory that it were the FM - we know their love for poisoning. Even more ridiculous - Daario Naharis is the poisoner. Hahaha enough of my silly talk

AND My most ridiculous theory is that GRRM reads this forum and he is laughing his ass off every 5 seconds.

No- killing Dany is overrated. They were trying for Strong Belwas all along!

Along with your previous post about the bad endings, Aegon dies while taking Storm's End(still held by Stannis, right?) and JonCon kills himself.

Also, on the matter of Stannis/Asha/Theon/Jeyne-they never made it to Winterfell, there wasn't a battle. Ramsay sent the letter before taking off after Stannis and they[boltons, Stannis and their armies] of frostbite in the snows.

Hence the graves that GRRM has mentioned about the ending. :crying:

Your version of the North is better. I still prefer Aegon and Jon dying of a disease. It seems less dramatic and much less satysfying. But maybe instead of greyscale, they die of a flu before greyscale has any effect.

Better yet. Winter comes and everybody dies of pneumonia.

No- killing Dany is overrated. They were trying for Strong Belwas all along!

He is the AA/TPTWP/Jesus/Whatever!

We know Mel isn't a middle aged sorceress. She is far older. Her ruby necklace allows her to appear that way physically and sustains her illusion or even a shape change of sorts.

She in her previous form was the person behind Varys' eunichry. Varys knows her for who and what she is, and these plans and plots of his are an elaborate ploy to see she doesn't gain much more power than she has and furthermore bring her ruin.

In summary: The war of the seven kingdoms is in reality, unbeknownst to its participants, the war of Varys' balls.

Worse than that, she is actually Maggy The Frog.

Darkstar is Rhaegar. Look at it.

First, the appearance. Both are described as having silver hair and most importantly dark purple eyes​, no doubt if Rhaegar had darkened a lock of his hair it would have added to the effect. (See ADwD Chap: Griffon Reborn, in which JonCon notices that Aegon has lighter eyes than the Dornish Elia and dark purple eyed Rhaegar [one bit of proof showing 'Aegon' is fake])

They are also both described as having 'Iron Tones in his voice' (in Rhaegars case) or 'A Cruel Mouth, and an even crueler tongue' (In Darkstar's case)

Next: The Name. Two of Rhaegars closest friends on the Kings Guard were Gerold Hightower (the White Bull) and Arthur Dayne (The Sword of the Morning), now compare those two to Darkstar's real name.

Gerold Dayne

It seems odd for a man from Dorne to name their son a Reach name, considering they are enemies.

Unless Darkstar is really just an alias for Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. If he had sent a double to the Trident(A man with Valaryian Traits) it could explain how he was defeated so easily by Robert Baratheon. And if the double had taken a blow to the face then there wouldn't be much to recognize him as Rhaegar. The real Rhaegar is in Dorne at this time, waiting for Lyanna to give birth to AAR (Read: Jon Snow) which also makes the fact that Ned met three kingsguard members (Including arguably the two most skilled). When Ned came Rhaegar was away, possibly in Starfall. When word reached him (through Ned's visit) that Lyanna had died he met with Doran. He then becomes Gerold Dayne, Darkstar, of the Night. Which Rhaegar is. He is of the end of the Targaryen line, the 'night' you could say.

He then proceeds to join the group of plotters to crown Myrcella at Doran's command after the Prince catches wind of it. Because of the hate for the Lannisters he slashes at Myrcella but misses.

just btw this isnt on topic that states :

"Ridiculous Theories"

just btw this isnt on topic that states :

"Ridiculous Theories"

I see nothing wrong with posting any kind of theories here.

The really impossible and really ridiculous make us laugh, and the more plausible theories make us think of all the possibilities.

Either way, I think it's a win-win situation :D

Oh, and I actually think that the theory of Rhaegar being Darkstar ridiculous. I think the guy is just a Dayne who has issues because he's not the Sword of the Morning, and when he found out that he will never wield Dawn, he decided to 'go bad'. :D

Archived