Your most Ridiculous Theories--Post em here

Ser Generic

I wish Jon's parents were Ned and Ashara Dayne

But it would be anticlimactic - the name of his mother is not Wylla, it's Ashara and she is kinda highborn. So? It would be the same impact if it was Wylla or Jane Doe. If there is a mistery of an identity, it is almost always something about succession, not that your mom was not the chick with the blonde hair, but with the black one.

But it would be anticlimactic - the name of his mother is not Wylla, it's Ashara and she is kinda highborn. So? It would be the same impact if it was Wylla or Jane Doe. If there is a mistery of an identity, it is almost always something about succession, not that your mom was not the chick with the blonde hair, but with the black one.

What's anticlimactic,I liked the firs version from the beginning and was looking forward to hearing the juicy details about Ned fighting it but giving in and all that and than all this R+L=J came into a picture and for me this was anticlimactic.

What's anticlimactic,I liked the firs version from the beginning and was looking forward to hearing the juicy details about Ned fighting it but giving in and all that and than all this R+L=J came into a picture and for me this was anticlimactic.

Well yes, it would enrich Ned's character - that he gave in and broke his honor and stuff, but it wouldn't really benefit the whole story much.

Well yes, it would enrich Ned's character - that he gave in and broke his honor and stuff, but it wouldn't really benefit the whole story much.

Yes the part of the reason I wished for this outcome was Ned's character. As for benefits for the whole story at this point with so many story lines and characters it wouldn't take out much of the story either. We have so many little characters who are not making the story richer just more complicated. Imho Aegon is one of them for example. This angle could work though it's just the matter of how you spin it. I don't believe it to be true,I just find it more interesting. Funny considering impact R+L had on history of Westeros but that's just me.

Yes the part of the reason I wished for this outcome was Ned's character. As for benefits for the whole story at this point with so many story lines and characters it wouldn't take out much of the story either. We have so many little characters who are not making the story richer just more complicated. Imho Aegon is one of them for example. This angle could work though it's just the matter of how you spin it. I don't believe it to be true,I just find it more interesting. Funny considering impact R+L had on history of Westeros but that's just me.

Yes, I didn't say it would ruin the story if it was true, just that R+L is more interesting. We on this boards who have figured it out know it for a long time, but for the majority of readers it would be a great twist believe me.

Oh, and I totally agree about Aegon. I even wonder if Martin had this planned from the beginning. Do we have evidence about that on an SSM or something?

ETA: A crazy theory to benefit the thread:

Patchface is the real Aegon. He got switched at birth, and had to be trained like our young Griff, so that's why he was witty, charming, intelligent athletic. Then something goes wrong (or maybe a part of the plan, doesn't matter), and gets caught by slavers. Then we know - Steffon takes him (maybe he was even on board with the whole scheme), and he gets drowned (reborn amidst salt if you wish). Melisandre sees him in her flames, and there is a raven who calls him "Lord"

Anyone but Rhaegar and lyanna

ETA: A crazy theory to benefit the thread:

Patchface is the real Aegon. He got switched at birth, and had to be trained like our young Griff, so that's why he was witty, charming, intelligent athletic. Then something goes wrong (or maybe a part of the plan, doesn't matter), and gets caught by slavers. Then we know - Steffon takes him (maybe he was even on board with the whole scheme), and he gets drowned (reborn amidst salt if you wish). Melisandre sees him in her flames, and there is a raven who calls him "Lord"

I truly hate deflating any "ridiculous theories," but the mission that Steffen went on to go to Essos was to find Rhaeger a bride. Meaning, Rhaeger was not at this point married and there was no Aegon. Steffen picked up Patchface during his travels, but there's no way he can be Aegon, since Aegon didn't exist yet. He can still be AAR, though :cool4:

The others are actually trying to stop Global warming from happening, however due to their lack of technology they can only come up with "global cooling" And that is why it is always cold around the others. And the wights, well the others don't mean to kill all of the humans (Only those who aid that nasty global warming) and so they try their best to bring them back- Wights are misunderstood and just want loving, they always have their arms outstretched!

The missing ruby from Rhagaers armour in mel's neck!

Hodor is Wun Wun's son :eek:

Oh and Bloodraven is grooming Bran in more ways than one :bawl:

I truly hate deflating any "ridiculous theories," but the mission that Steffen went on to go to Essos was to find Rhaeger a bride. Meaning, Rhaeger was not at this point married and there was no Aegon. Steffen picked up Patchface during his travels, but there's no way he can be Aegon, since Aegon didn't exist yet. He can still be AAR, though :cool4:

Ok, theory gets shattered - it's not ridicuolous - it's impossible. Thank you for pointing this.

I don't know about Patchface AAR (maybe), but I think he is important, as in a son of a lord, or heir to something. Do we have some missing/presumed dead lord child that would fit being him timewise and otherwise?

Ok, theory gets shattered - it's not ridicuolous - it's impossible. Thank you for pointing this.

I don't know about Patchface AAR (maybe), but I think he is important, as in a son of a lord, or heir to something. Do we have some missing/presumed dead lord child that would fit being him timewise and otherwise?

lol! The only reason I said anything is because it was so crazy it seemed like it could work, minus that one problematic issue. I do think Patchface is going to be super important, but it might not be about who he was but more in terms of who he'll become-- i.e. the Damphair is going to wet his pants and anoint Patchface as a deity of the Drowned God when they meet.

lol! The only reason I said anything is because it was so crazy it seemed like it could work, minus that one problematic issue. I do think Patchface is going to be super important, but it might not be about who he was but more in terms of who he'll become-- i.e. the Damphair is going to wet his pants and anoint Patchface as a deity of the Drowned God when they meet.

Hah! Maybe so, the raven calls him lord because he will become one, not because he has to be and is a heir. Though, all of his wits, charm, intelligence - point to that he had access to good education, which would lead to being someone important's son.

Speaking of the raven calling him Lord, where was that? I remember there was such a thing, but not exactly where. If someone can provide with a quote, I would be super thankful!

Melisandre will be killed by the two corpses Jon put in the ice cells.

After Jon is stabbed, a big fight will break out and there will be lots of dead bodies. Mel will have them all pulled to the northside of the wall for a big funeral pyre. The last bodies taken through the gates are the ice cell corpses. They'll immediately rise as wights. We've seen that wights like to kill by strangling. The wights will put their hands around Mel's throat and when she goes to push them away (or someone comes to pull them away for her), her ruby necklace will break off her neck, thus rendering her magical abilities obsolete. And then she'll die, somehow. Haven't quite figured that part out yet.

Hah! Maybe so, the raven calls him lord because he will become one, not because he has to be and is a heir. Though, all of his wits, charm, intelligence - point to that he had access to good education, which would lead to being someone important's son.

Speaking of the raven calling him Lord, where was that? I remember there was such a thing, but not exactly where. If someone can provide with a quote, I would be super thankful!

Well, it does make sense that Patchface was witty and charming before the "unpleasantness"-- the slaves that are produced in Essos tend to be well-trained and highly skilled, so that in and of itself is not an indication that he's someone special. He did have a good education (in the specialty of "jestoring") but it has more to do with the way slaves are trained than anything else-- and he has slaves' tattoos.

But I tried looking for the quote. I don't think Mormont's raven made any mention about calling Patchface a lord. There's 3 chapters where Jon is around Patchface, and none of those times it seems that the raven is. Are you thinking of Mel's saying that Patchface is an extremely dangerous man that she's seen in her fires?

btw, :ack: :ack: Patchface :ack: :ack:

Well, it does make sense that Patchface was witty and charming before the "unpleasantness"-- the slaves that are produced in Essos tend to be well-trained and highly skilled, so that in and of itself is not an indication that he's someone special. He did have a good education (in the specialty of "jestoring") but it has more to do with the way slaves are trained than anything else-- and he has slaves' tattoos.

But I tried looking for the quote. I don't think Mormont's raven made any mention about calling Patchface a lord. There's 3 chapters where Jon is around Patchface, and none of those times it seems that the raven is. Are you thinking of Mel's saying that Patchface is an extremely dangerous man that she's seen in her fires?

btw, :ack: :ack: Patchface :ack: :ack:

Yes, you're right about the education, but the "Lord" from the raven still stood out.

And yes, I'm definitely talking of a raven. Maybe it was not Mormont's, maybe it didn't even happen on the wall, I truly do not remember.

Jon will somehow gain control of the Others, making him the real King beyond the Wall. He knights Bran and appoints him Master of Whisperers, he raises Tyrion as his Hand and declares him Warden of the West. He restores Rickon to Winterfell, installs Sansa as Lady of Riverrun, makes Arya head of Kingsgaurd and marries his Aunt Dany. Using the Others and Dany's dragons he alternately flash freezes and thaws out Cersei for the next hundred years.

It is the white raven on Dragonstone during the CoK prologue that calls him "Lord." Based on this I've seen it tossed around that Patchface is Aerion Brightflame's descendant. That would technically speaking give him a claim to the Iron Throne. With a fake Aegon and the Targaryen male line supremacy ruling out Dany before all male heirs except for Jon being Rhaegar's legitimate son (and his NW vows could rule him out anyway) that makes Patchface the undisputed rightful Targ heir! All hail King Patchface!

Just because it's cliche doesn't mean it's bad. It's called "Song of Ice and Fire" for a reason. Jon Snow is the "Song", Lyanna is " Ice", Rhaegar is "Fire".

One could add also that it's also a story (song) of Jon (Ice) and Dany (Fire) since their story follows remarkably similar path.

Not at all. The Song is "The Bear and the Maiden Fair", Ice is Ned's sword, and Fire is the wildfire that was used at Blackwater to protect King's Landing.

Archived