WHO IS THE MOST HANDSOME MAN IN THE SEVEN KINGDOMS?

lord mutton

Bonus points to QC2 for her presentation.

Irony points for the last bit in her post where she says a man with flowing sivery hair isn't her idea of masculine is followed by.......Ravenhair likes this!

I like her rankings, and while a guy with flowing, silvery hair wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, Rhaegar was undoubtedly a hottie.

Wasn't that before she saw Jaime? I don't even remember that at all, but I don't think Renly would have still looked "half a god" after having his hand cut off and still practically too weak to walk.

You're right. He would have looked "a total, 100 percent god" after such an experience. :leer:

Jon Snow - He captured a woman, slew her friends and all it did was turn on the faucet between her thighs.

Hmmm... I've heard this before, but I don't think we've ever gotten any textual evidence that Jon Snow is handsome, much less one of the best looking guys in Westeros.

In his favor: girls like Val and Ygritte (and possibly Melisandre) respond to him, suggesting he is attractive.

Against him: He is said to have the "long Stark face," brown hair, and grey eyes of Ned, himself described as "plain."

He is never once called handsome, by any man, woman, or child in the books.

He is never described as handsome in the text itself-- for instance, the text describes Jaime as handsome, but it never describes Jon in this fashion.

Though Ygritte and probably Val seem to like him, Jon is never the object of great female admiration. Of course, his place at the all male, celibate nightswatch would seem to prevent this. However, there have been many times in the narrative-- while he stayed with the wildings, while the wilding refugees surround him in ADWD-- where GRRM could have shown women flocking to jon. He certainly shows overtly handsome men like Jaime Lannister, Renly Baratheon, or Loras Tyrell as being flocked by admiring young females. Yet this is never the case with Jon.

In the end, it's hard to say whether or not jon Snow is handsome. Given all the evidence (especially that he's never once been described as "handsome") I'd have to say Jon sounds fairly average looking, probably attractive but not conventionally handsome.

He certainly shows overtly handsome men like Jaime Lannister, Renly Baratheon, or Loras Tyrell as being flocked by admiring young females. Yet this is never the case with Jon.

In the end, it's hard to say whether or not jon Snow is handsome. Given all the evidence (especially that he's never once been described as "handsome") I'd have to say Jon sounds fairly average looking, probably attractive but not conventionally handsome.

Those 3 men, Jaime, Renley and Loras, are quite different personalities than Jon, though. They are all charismatic, confident and like to be in the spotlight. Jon is the opposite and women would not flock to the quiet, serious one that stands on the outskirts just observing.

Val's interest makes me think that Jon might be better looking than we assume. Judging by Sansa'a and Cat's description of Arya, I thought she was homely! But then Ned says she looks just like Lyanna, who was a beauty! Ned is described unflatteringly by his wife but beautiful Ashara Dayne chose Ned above all the other men at the tourney so I'm skeptical about the Stark's unattractive "long faces and brownish hair".

My guess would be Jaime as the most attractive. Most say he is stunning and looks like a God, even the men LOL!

I hate to get all deconstructionist on the question but:

It depends on what you mean by handsome. If you mean who is that society's most ideal type based purely on physical attractiveness, then I think they pretty much all agree that its Rhaegar - he had women and men falling over themselves and if you buy the whole R+L=J thing then he was so attractive that Lyanna abandoned her betrothed and absconded with him, the results overthrew a dynasty.

But if you mean who do we, as viewers, think is the most handsom then I'm going with Euron - but then again, I have a thing for gorgeous, tattooed slightly insane meglomaniacs with addictions to mind-altering substances and an aversion to wearing clothes.

.....but I'm sure that's just me lol

I kind of always got a feeling Greatjon was a stud when he was young, Blackfish too. And if Arthur looked anything like Ashara he couldn't have been bad looking.

ETA: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528958_363867427015954_2081868083_n.jpg - :Looks to me like this could be a young Greatjon (maybe Smalljon?) - it's the cleft chin that does it. Btw I'm a straight man.

Archived