Stannis & Dany

Zared

What if he thinks it's for the best of the realm?

What if he's convinced she's AA?

What if he find's it just to step aside?

I personally don't see it happening but beside Rob Stark I think Stann the just is the only other person with whom this might happen.

She is not a rebel, she is a conquerer. Baratheons are not her kings for her to rebel against. And no.

Baratheons are definetely the kings she's in need to depose. Be it Joff/Tommen/Myrcella/Stannis/Shireen. That's why the twincest kids got their asses on the Iron Throne, because the baratheons rule.

Aegon's success will determine how "real" he is. People will believe what they want, and what's convenient.

What if he believes it is for the best of the realm?

Stannis says a king must do his duty. And if he can do his duty by bending the knee that would centainly fit his own logic. Convincing Stannis would be difficult, to put it mildly. Somehow I don't see it happening. And I hope it doesn't, Stannis is in the right place at the right time fighting the right war. He's earning the crown.

Aegon's success will determine how "real" he is. People will believe what they want, and what's convenient.

Stannis says a king must do his duty. And if he can do his duty by bending the knee that would centainly fit his own logic. Convincing Stannis would be difficult, to put it mildly. Somehow I don't see it happening. And I hope it doesn't, Stannis is in the right place at the right time fighting the right war. He's earning the crown.

This is why I am yet to be convinced. But if anyone is about to do it it's Stannis.

Baratheons are definetely the kings she's in need to depose. Be it Joff/Tommen/Myrcella/Stannis/Shireen. That's why the twincest kids got their asses on the Iron Throne, because the baratheons rule.

No doubt they are ruling and the king/s but her house and her have not sworn fealty to them so therefore he/them is not her leige lord.

1. What if he thinks it's for the best of the realm?

2. What if he's convinced she's AA?

3. What if he find's it just to step aside?

I personally don't see it happening but beside Rob Stark I think Stann the just is the only other person with whom this might happen.

1. How can someone with nil education, zero political charisma accompanied with barbarians and BBQ be better than Stannis?

2. Jon is AAR and he is closer.

3. Targs lost the throne and the claim which means that there are no logical and justified reasons for him to give up his throne.

1. How can someone with nil education, zero political charisma accompanied with barbarians and BBQ be better than Stannis?

2. Jon is AAR and he is closer.

3. Targs lost the throne and the claim which means that there are no logical and justified reasons for him to give up his throne.

1. Who said Danny will do the convincing?Or that she's better choice? I asked what if Stannis believes him stepping down is for the good of the realm.Would he do it for the good of the people? I believe he would.

2. At this point he may not be alive (please,oh please god don't let him be dead,undead or anything but his wonderful self) and if her having dragons Stann seas as some kind of proof...what then?

3. If they have no claim why everybody is trying to get rid of all of them so they can't make a comeback? And aren't Baratheons proved you don't have to have a claim to end up on the throne.

So technically Stannis would get in trouble if he were to try to win a debate whether he has a better claim than Aegon or Dany, since they would actually use his own arguments against him.

Arguing that House Targaryen lost all claims when Robert took the Iron Throne illegally and by force is exactly the same argument Cersei could use to discredit Stannis's claim. In fact, if the Targaryens truly had no claim, Cersei could actually reveal that her children are not Robert's, and that she and House Lannister has 'conquered' the Iron Throne. But obviously they don't do that, because Joffrey's and Tommen's claims come from Robert, not from some kind of 'Right of Conquest'.

Well, if there are no more ‘Lannatheon’ claimants left, Stannis can claim to be heir again, regardless of them having declared him traitor. There’s no other heir left.

The only way to disbar heirs from the line of succession is to have the king/throne/regent declare them traitors The only exception to Dany and Aegon’s claim preceding Stannis’, is if the Targaryents were all attainted during Robert’s Rebellion. Since we have no mention of that, I assume they’re not.

Dany isn’t going to depose them, she’s going to win Westeros by force and claim it by right of conquest. Like Torhen Stark, she will likely expect Stannis to either bend the knee or be conquered himself.

I agree, it’s up to him to convince people of the validity of his claim.

Since Stannis is one of the view who takes his duties as seriously as his rights (after a tête-a-tête with Davos), it’s not entirely impossible he’ll bend the knee, but I don’t think he will. All the horrible things he’s done would have been in vain.

She is not a rebel, she is a conquerer. Baratheons are not her kings for her to rebel against. And no.

Rebel? No. She'll be a conquerer or usurper. Since Aegon is around she could become a usurper. I see it as highly likely. The poison of the House of the Undying prophecies, and Quaithe fueling Dany's paranoia. Three treasons will you know. That is is no way helpful to Dany's cause or state of mind. Dany has invested too much into Westeros to step aside for Aegon. It seems just like Martin to turn Dany into a usurper.

1. Who said Danny will do the convincing?Or that she's better choice? I asked what if Stannis believes him stepping down is for the good of the realm.Would he do it for the good of the people? I believe he would.

2. At this point he may not be alive (please,oh please god don't let him be dead,undead or anything but his wonderful self) and if her having dragons Stann seas as some kind of proof...what then?

3. If they have no claim why everybody is trying to get rid of all of them so they can't make a comeback? And aren't Baratheons proved you don't have to have a claim to end up on the throne.

I was just saying what Stannis might think, I am sorry if it offended you in any way it's nothing personal.

1. How can Stannis think a person like that on the Throne be a good think for the Realm?

2. Dragons are just glorified mass destruction BBQs and Dany's dragons are baby dragons so nothing too great. (Also Jon is alive I

3. For times like that when a typical Targ offspring(with the typical Targ madness) would cause a BR against them.

I was just saying what Stannis might think, I am sorry if it offended you in any way it's nothing personal.

1. How can Stannis think a person like that on the Throne be a good think for the Realm?

2. Dragons are just glorified mass destruction BBQs and Dany's dragons are baby dragons so nothing too great. (Also Jon is alive I

3. For times like that when a typical Targ offspring(with the typical Targ madness) would cause a BR against them.

No,no,no I'm sorry if I came on too strong,I am just speculating also.

1.If he finds presence of the dragons to be a proof of her being AA,maybe.Maybe some other development of events will take part in this.

2.He's soooo alive!!! But baby dragon is still a dragon :dunno:

Rebel? No. She'll be a conquerer or usurper. Since Aegon is around she could become a usurper. I see it as highly likely. The poison of the House of the Undying prophecies, and Quaithe fueling Dany's paranoia. Three treasons will you know. That is is no way helpful to Dany's cause or state of mind. Dany has invested too much into Westeros to step aside for Aegon. It seems just like Martin to turn Dany into a usurper.

I don't think she will be considered a usurper. Conquerer yes. Do u consider her a ursurper if she takes the throne from aegon(if he is a targ). I have not thought much about that yet.

I don't think she will be considered a usurper. Conquerer yes. Do u consider her a ursurper if she takes the throne from aegon(if he is a targ). I have not thought much about that yet.

If Aegon is Rhaegar's son, and Dany takes the throne away from him, then yes, she's a usurper.

No,no,no I'm sorry if I came on too strong,I am just speculating also.

1.If he finds presence of the dragons to be a proof of her being AA,maybe.Maybe some other development of events will take part in this.

2.He's soooo alive!!! But baby dragon is still a dragon :dunno:

Ok then :cheers:

Of course he is alive...But maybe baby dragons get killed, or die from the winter and the cold or even rebel against her and stay in Essos.. :dunno:

If Aegon is Rhaegar's son, and Dany takes the throne away from him, then yes, she's a usurper.

If YG is Aegon and she just takes away the throne she is a usurper, but since she would not be able to just take the throne because he has powerful allies, she would have to kill him which will make her a kinslayer.

Since Stannis is one of the view who takes his duties as seriously as his rights (after a tête-a-tête with Davos), it’s not entirely impossible he’ll bend the knee, but I don’t think he will. All the horrible things he’s done would have been in vain.

Not impossible, but I don't think he will either. I can't see it.

"Aegon" has a better claim. It doesn't matter if he's a targ or some peasants son. If Dany takes the throne from Aegon she will be a usurper in the eyes of the Westerosi. It's something she will have to confront, is Dany willing to become a usurper to take the throne.

No doubt they are ruling and the king/s but her house and her have not sworn fealty to them so therefore he/them is not her leige lord.

Her house? Har! She's the only Targaryen left ( since we still don't know what Aegon really is ). And thank The Gods for that.

Archived