how many seasons will GoT go on for?

Ned of Winterfell

Back to this thread...

I think (including this 3rd season) there be 3 more seasons until TWoW. So GRRM's got till 2015 to finish TWoW. Since the book is suppose to be as big as ACoK and ADWD, this could be made into 2 seasons... Ample time for ADoS, which could be published before filming of the last season (or second to the last season) is in production. Or even during, since it is known that the writers know how the series will end. Just a thought.

I would really hate though for the last book to still be in the writing/editing stages and the last season premieres.

ASOFAI is a good story, and if it means getting the end on a TV show first, then so be it. GRRM is writing an episode a year and has some input on the series, so his overall arc will be told.

I am a far bigger fan for the books than the show. Of course that could mean I would have to "avoid" the show, but that's easier said than done on the internet. But anyway... GRRM needs to get a move on. Pronto!

I really wonder how they are going to deal with the Meeren Knot, KL politics or the Stalemate at the Wall. Season 3 and 4 are going to be really fast paced with twists and surprises in every episode but then things will really start to slow down. Its going to be very hard to keep people's attention when ADWD and AFFC are brought to the TV screen.

Archived