Is Cersei going to use the Wildfire and destroy Kings Landing?

total1402

Theres still a lot of it left isn't there? I mean if Cersei has truly lost it and gets excited at the thought of fire. Plus thinks nothing of harming innocents. What if she lost Tommen and Aegons army was outside the gates? Could you not see her setting it off and taking everyone with her? Perhaps the Tower of the Hand burning was a bit of foreshadowing that she'd see everything burn.

Plus, the HBO directors do have some insight into how the series ends from what I've heard. When Dany was in the House of the Undying on the series we saw the Red Keep burned out and filled with snow. We also saw the mark of the Seven behind the throne (I'am sure thats a new feature by the Faithful) and for us who have read the books puts this as a future event. It is hinted that it could be Danys dragons... but Dany wouldn't burn the Red Keep down. Thats the symbol and heart of the Kingdoms and a castle her ancestors built. If the city fell then the citadel would capitulate; only dragons going awol would explain it. Even a usurper like YG or even Euron wouldn't destroy such an important symbol needlessly. So maybe, Cersei loses KL but goes into hiding after her son is killed. Distraught and with YG in court with the High Septon she wanders to the Pyromancer cellars. Then she decides to have the last laugh...

Could you see that happening?

Yes, I've seen it happening for a while now. When the enemy is at the gates, Tommen and Myrcella are dead and Cersei has lost all hope of victory, she decides she'll never let them take her alive. She also decides to take her enemies and KL with her to the grave, but before she gets to put her plan into action Jaime (her valonqar) manages to kill her and then himself.

I think she will and Jame will kill her and then himself to spare them both the pain of a death by burning. The twst in the valonqar prophecy will be that Jaime kills her at her request/as a mercy killing rather than in anger or revenge.

It shall be mad, brave and awesome moment, much like Cersei herself.

Yes, I've seen it happening for a while now. When the enemy is at the gates, Tommen and Myrcella are dead and Cersei has lost all hope of winning she decides to take her enemies and KL with her to the grave, but before she gets to put her plan into action Jaime (her valonqar) manages to kill her and then himself.

:agree: also I add Qyburn in that mix as the one responsible for setting the plan and getting killed by Jaime also....as a KL sack 2.0v

Yeah, I can definitely see this happening and Jaimie again saving KL from wildfire mayhem, history repeating itself...only this time, people will know what he did and why he did it, I hope.

This would be appropriate. It would fit with the AAR prophecy (Cersei playing the part of Nissa Nissa).

Dany has her huge list of titles, so Jaime needs to get his own title-resume built up: He is already the Kingslayer. Killing Cersei would make him a Queenslayer and Kinslayer. I've been kinda thinking Jaime would also be the Greenslayer (Bran). What else is there? Maybe he will even kill Samwell and then he can be the Slayerslayer.

Is Kings landing meant to be nearly as big as Medieval Constantinople?

Actually if she got everyone in KL it'd be half a million or more according to the wiki:

King's Landing is extremely populous, but rather unsightly and dirty compared to other cities. Its population is estimated at more than 500,000,[15] although this number varies during winters and in times of war, when people take shelter behind the city walls. George R. R. Martin has stated that the city is larger than Medieval London or Paris but smaller than Medieval Constantinople or Ancient Rome (each had a population of about 1,000,000).

Archived