Minor actors reprising roles for S3

Tormund Giant*****

Melisandre at least is in the new "Invitation to the set" video, and I think it's safe to say both Carive and Stephen have signed long term contracts for the show.

Not only that, but they have just cast Selyse and Shireen, so I guess they are focusing a lot more in Stannis's arc this season. I just don't know why team Dragonstone is being ommited from the previews, maybe to avoid revealing that Davos is still alive.

Doesn't he also play the Mountain as well? Perhaps we'll get some scenes with him, maybe of Roose taking Harrenhal. The new Mountain isn't nearly as good as Stevens, but I still don't think he's quite as bad as people make out. He'll do for the limited screen time the Mountain has.

They could at least of stuck some padding on him. I was half expecting someone to pick him up mistaking him for a lance.

Melisandre at least is in the new "Invitation to the set" video, and I think it's safe to say both Carive and Stephen have signed long term contracts for the show.

Yes now I have noticed a short interview (or something like that) with Carice van Houten saying she had more screen time in season 3 than 2. So I guess Stephen maybe had even more.

Well we had a report that Liam Cunningham signed a 6 year contract, it don't know how information like that gets out ... tho it seems non-controversial ... so I am guessing all the major characters have long term contracts , tho there must be some kind of 'merit' raise if the show is successful.

I don't think I have seen or heard of any sightings of Carice van Houten or Stephen Dillane.

Their characters as still there by the end of ADWD.

I follow Carice van Houten on Twitter and she mentioned a couple of times late last year that she was "off to Dragonstone" for filming. If she's there, its pretty safe to say that Stannis is there. They've also cast Shireen and Selyse so we should get quite a lot of stuff from that part of the story this season.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about if Ian Gelder is returning this season as Kevan Lannister? He is one of the minor characters I want to see a little more about as he will get important come season 5, they should show him a bit more really.

Trying to figure what he would do for Season 3 and 4 though. In season 3 I guess he can just be Tywins yes man a bit more and maybe have a scene with Lancel who I have also not seen anything of as being back. I imagine we will have a scene with him being quite ill and wounded and perhaps having Kevan worried about him.

In season 4 he might be in it a little more at Tyrions trial and visiting Tyrion in jail

• 4 months later...

Archived