Minor actors reprising roles for S3

Tormund Giant*****

Huh... That's kind of big. They could come to King's Landing, which would be a good idea to show all the Lords and Ladies assembling... But will they have her go with Littlefinger? Lots of questions open up here, especially in relation to plot flow.

Another theory was Littlefinger going to the Vale, and the Myranda cast actually is Myranda Royce.

I suppose like with the last season they want to show more of Littlefinger, as he is not in the book too much. They hired a fairly high-profile and expensive actors so they probably want to use him a lot. It would be good to show the Vale again just to keep it and the characters in peoples minds. Myranda Royce would be a nice touch, but I doubt it.

I know the original Greatjon isn't returning, but is anyone going to take his place?

Or are they planning to cut him entirely?

Honestly, I feel it would be better if he was cut entirely, mentioned maybe, but not on screen. There's several other lords that could be Robb's supporter or something. I feel they made a mistake with recasting the mountain.

Just got word; Dontos Hollard is not in season 3.

oh c'mon.... the guy hardly had a role on S2.... guess they left it all into LF's hands, and we won't get one of the most surprising revelations in the books (that LF was behind samsa's "rescue") =\\\\

Josef Altin tweeted that he was flying to Belfast on September 10th.

The evening of September 11th he tweeted that he was done filming.

Today (September 12th) he tweeted that he's flying back to London.

So based on this it's probably a very brief scene at Castle Black.

Probably just the final episode, I'd say

the initial battle for Castle Black perhaps? Culminating in Ygritte's death in the finale?

Seems that he will just have a scene or two. Probably in episodes 9 and 10 or just 10. Hopefully that means that a few others such as Thorne, Slynt and Aemon could be about for short roles at the end. Still holding slight hope for Donal Noye being cast, but I doubt it ):

I suspect Jon will turn up at Castle Black and warn them and that's it for season 3.

Hiring Rose Leslie for - at most - 2 episodes for season 4? They could amalgamate both battles into one battle, which does make sense considering that they probably won't cast an actor for Donal Noye and he's quite integral for the initial battle. Makes sense actually, and the Jon/Ygritte scene can happen after the battle for Castle Black.

Just got word; Dontos Hollard is not in season 3.

Thank the gods! I didn't really like the guy they cast for Ser Dontos in S2, and anyway they already revealed in the S2 finale that LF wants to help Sansa get out of KL. In the big scheme of things, Dontos just isn't an essential character since we already know about LF's involvement. Having him in there in S3 would just be another new character that the viewers who don't read the books would have to keep up with, so why not cut him.

That totally changes.. everything? Maybe Lysa and Robin will come for Joff's wedding, and after he is poisoned LF will whisk Sansa away with them on the way back to the Vale.

This would work. It would make for an easy transition for Sansa from KL to the Eyrie. Who knows what D&D will decide to do, but if they go this route, I think it would work. Also, it would give the actress playing Lysa a little extra screen time.

Also by Jaime. S3 is where he'll become a big character.

Yes. Jaime is going to have some major screen time this season, and by the end of it (or S4 at least), I think he will have a lot more fans among the viewers who don't read the books. It will be interesting to see people's reaction to his arc. Can't wait to actually watch it on screen.

Got word: Edward Dogliani is back as Rattleshirt in season 3.

That's awesome news, I am guessing him and Orell will be John's more aggressive doubters amongst the wildlings, I wonder if they will be keeping Rattleshirts entire storyline, keeping him around until season 4 or 5 or if he will be a replacement for Jarl or something.

Still wondering if Dany will meet Arstan Whitebeard in S3 and if it will be the same actor who played Selmy in previous seasons?

Out of all the characters that will be around Dany this season I don't reacall hearing of casting for either Whitebeard/Selmy or Strong Belwas (maybe also Brown Benn Plum but I forget). I really liked Selmy in the first 2 seasons so hoping he will come back and I feel as the book plot progresses that his character becomes more important as we know Dany casts Jorah mormont aside.

Still wondering if Dany will meet Arstan Whitebeard in S3 and if it will be the same actor who played Selmy in previous seasons?

Out of all the characters that will be around Dany this season I don't reacall hearing of casting for either Whitebeard/Selmy or Strong Belwas (maybe also Brown Benn Plum but I forget). I really liked Selmy in the first 2 seasons so hoping he will come back and I feel as the book plot progresses that his character becomes more important as we know Dany casts Jorah mormont aside.

It has been confirmed that the actor playing Selmy is returning for this season, no word on a Strong Belwas, or Brown Benn Plum, but we do have some other sellsword captains cast, hopefully Plum will come in, in a later season as his part is a little bigger.

Archived