Haven - (Syfy - Imagine Spoilers)

Horus Ex Machina

I know Duke's brother scares me. Wow like instant addict. I know what you mean. Duke wasn't even telling his brother about troubled people.

Wade went from kinda clingy, sad partying divorcee to (in one episode) a bit creepy and desperate. Then BAM! psycho.

I was sitting here. Hand over my mouth. Feeling totally unnerved.

At least Jordan never told Wade what her harebrained scheme was.

And yeah I felt pretty darn bad for Jordan.

I actually missed Jennifer. But now I'm worried about her coming back to that. I so hope her fate isn't to be killed by Wade to hurt and get back at Duke.

If I was Audrey I'd be pissed at Nathan too.

Ahhh,finally old Audrey is back.I like how she's not all love and butterflies,she is mad with Nathan for making decisions for her. I felt sad for jordan for the first time. She finally got to her senses and realized what she was doing...to herself. And is it me or did Duke's brother get from depressed divorced guy to freaky killer too fast. Like yesterday he barely knew about the troubles and today I'm gonna kill ppl. I don't know,it felt contrived to me.

I'm guessing they're characterizing him as lost and looking for a purpose. He felt powerless from his divorce and loss of livelihood. He became his brother's dependent in a way. So now he's seeing the chance to grab some of that power back. Truth told how many people are truly depraved yet are held at bay for fear of their own limitations. They know they'll get caught, or they don't think they have the strength or skill to pull anything really big off. He's been tantalized by real power and he immediately grabbed at it. I think in his mind he wants to be a hero which will give him purpose and make him more recognized in Haven than his brother. So he'll do whatever to get that.

The first stabbing didn't really bother me. Killing Jordan seemed a bit quick. It seemed a bit foolish for poor Jordan to say goodbye to him alone, though I guess she's used to dealing with people who she can handle with her trouble. But she knows Duke's trouble, and she knew how dangerous it was. Interesting episode. Good that she didn't tell him her theory. I'm still not convinced that she was wrong. Neither Vince nor Dwight ever tell her why they don't think Audrey is troubled and it's hard to truly trust anything that Agent Howard said. It might have been his way of steering Audrey towards a certain direction.

I feel like Jordan underestimated Wade. She was looking for a Duke stand in. And judged Wade based on Duke's sense of honour... restraint.

Duke doesn't want his trouble and like Jordan. Treats it as a burden, even a little afraid of it.

So I don't think she could have totally expected Wade's reaction to it. Although she did dangle it in front of him as something to achieve.

Molten lava through the veins sounds completely unpleasant. I wouldn't chase that particular sensation. That 's just me though.

Hmm. So, Haven is actually a prequel to Dexter, all of the Ice Truck Killer's victims were troubled people who had relocated to Florida from Haven, and the reason those victims were bloodless was because Brian Moser/Wade Crocker/Rudy Cooper was saving their troubled blood to use for that rush he gets! It all makes sense now. Even the false names he chose, Wade Crocker and Rudy Cooper are similar!

It does bother me that Jordan couldn't touch Wade at all to save herself there at the end.

That escalated and ended quickly. Duke isn't going to go to the police?

Also I like Jennifer. Maybe that wouldn't have happened is she hadn't unlocked that door. But I really can't think of a reason why she wouldn't.

Yes it's a suspicious situation. But I've had to unlock a door because someone accidentally locked themselves in. (In a fridge at work) I thought it was weird. But I didn't think. Better not let them out. They might be a psycho.

So Jennifer. Audrey's sister? Daughter? (Hahaha what if Jennifer is the daughter of past Audrey and Duke.) The next barn traveller/trouble fixer?

I know Duke's brother scares me. Wow like instant addict. I know what you mean. Duke wasn't even telling his brother about troubled people.

Wade went from kinda clingy, sad partying divorcee to (in one episode) a bit creepy and desperate. Then BAM! psycho.

I was sitting here. Hand over my mouth. Feeling totally unnerved.

At least Jordan never told Wade what her harebrained scheme was.

And yeah I felt pretty darn bad for Jordan.

Well as already said, he is the Ice Truck Killer, so he knows the role he is playing.

I saw Jordan in an ad the other day. She was much hotter w/ the semi goth look.

Well as already said, he is the Ice Truck Killer, so he knows the role he is playing.

I saw Jordan in an ad the other day. She was much hotter w/ the semi goth look.

He's the Ice Truck Killer who took lessons from the Bay Harbor Butcher on how to store his kill, and the BHB purposely gave him horrible lessons bc the BHB didn't really want him to get away with it. Even when they found his kills, Dexter dumped them better than Wade did.

Wade went from maybe annoyance to problem to addict to serial killer in like 15 minutes. I guess they wanted to deal with it fast but if I blinked I might have missed it.

I like Duke's girl too,she's cute,hope she lasts longer then one season. There's a lot potential there. Btw didn't Colorado Kid start with a girl coming to haven to work in news papers and two brothers told her about CK murder and she started digging...this is like going back to this story only with fresh development. In original there was a girl working with brothers and now there is a girl with brothers too.

Guys from the barn really mean game changer to me. They must have messed with whatever the troubles are pretty bad when they shot Howard. They made them contagios and they are here to make sure more ppl suffer from them...or so it seemed to me.

Yay to Audrey and Nathan,I love those two.

Hmmmm,new revelations....interesting. Must say I was hoping,and still am in a way,the troubles are product of a curse. Don't know how I feel about this other dimension stuff. And please,we all know Nathan can't die. He can't...just can't....Glad Duke finally said what we were all thinking to the loving couple. and was I wrong or was a book Jen brought from her real parents the one Audrey gave agent Howard to read in pilot episode?

I think it was. It's been a while though. it has to have some significance.

So say for arguments sake. Audrey comes through the door. Nathan hands her the gun. Audrey shoot Nathan right then and there.

Does the Salvation into Doom come into play then. When the "thing" was first released along with Audrey/Lexi. Or did the troubles and wacky portents have to stay making their presence know first?

Is this the worst possible timing right now. Or was it always bad timing since the door was opened?

That part remained shady to me. I even think shooting Howard 1 had to do with it. they broke the Barn and troubles were crazy even before Audrey came back trough the door. They didn't attack ppl who didn't have them before and they weren't contagious but they were escalating and Nathan already had a lot of problems with them before the door. I don't know.

Hmmmm,new revelations....interesting. Must say I was hoping,and still am in a way,the troubles are product of a curse. Don't know how I feel about this other dimension stuff. And please,we all know Nathan can't die. He can't...just can't....Glad Duke finally said what we were all thinking to the loving couple. and was I wrong or was a book Jen brought from her real parents the one Audrey gave agent Howard to read in pilot episode?

I took my season 1 Haven DVD down from the shelf. Because I was curious. I thought I was in for a bit of a search. But 40 seconds into the pilot.

Unstake my Heart. Published by Stewart Books LTD. (I could read the authors name). You have a great memory.

ETA: Tuwiuwok Means; Haven for God's orphans. (mention it because we've talked about the possible significance of this in the past.)

Yeah I didn't remember it having God in the mean. I remembered the orphan part. But that what was said in the pilot episode. A few minutes from the end. I still had the disc in my laptop. It's at 34min 35sec on the pilot.

It could have been changed in another episode. We all know how pilots roll.

Methinks we may be back to the "Audrey Parker is not human" concept for this show. So what are William, Howard and the Otheres?? Aliens? Demons? Angels? Beings from another dimension? And if so, it seems that Audrey may actually be one of them despite what Howard claimed. Is it possible that Howard was the good guy all along and he was keeping William and his crew at bay with his manipulation of Audrey? Is it possible that Audrey is paying penance for whatever she might have done when she was with William? I'm thinking that Audrey may be the one who has to die to rid Haven of this curse. Or what a twist it might be if Audrey even ends up being the ultimate villain.

What he said in his dialogue, "the barn's gone, why don't you remember?" The barn was her prison of a sort. He doesn't know why her original persona wasn't freed. And it may be an evil persona. Perhaps the barn was a recycling means of keeping her captive. The manifestation of the Troubles was her power becoming unleashed and so she had to go out in the world as a different personal so that the shield could be reprogrammed.

This time you can't really blame Audrey for not asking the right questions. He wasn't going to answer anything, but then again, she did ask all the wrong questions like with Howard. But Howard seemed in a much more giving mood than William.

It was interesting episode. We saw a twist,William is a bad guy and apparently Audrey is HIS,how he put it. It may very well mean she was at one point evil too or at least grey. He isn't the nicest guy and she once loved him...I think she may remember more if it now he touched her and we saw the electric thingy happening between them. Wonder will she say anything and how it'll affect them all. I feel next episode will be a filler. unfortunately. Did we also see how ppl get troubles? That black thing in the box. The way it worked it looked to me that was the way everyone got troubles in the first place. She maybe responsible for the troubles after all but if she is the only one able to stop them there must n=be more to it. I also thing we are back on Audrey is alien/creature form the other dimension track...alas.My she's cursed theory seems more unlikely now.

If next episode is filler. I feel pretty confident that there will be some part to move the story forward or throw an extra twist in. Just because William seems to be behind it or trying to guide Audrey to some conclusion.

There definitely seems to be chemistry and connection between Audrey and William. They chose a good fit for the William role. (IMO)

I don't like that William seems to be holding all the cards though and Audrey is in the dark. I'm looking forward to an even playing field.

I am loving this season. The amount of Dwight is pleasing to my soul. :D

Does anyone know of a podcast about Haven?

It was interesting episode. We saw a twist,William is a bad guy and apparently Audrey is HIS,how he put it. It may very well mean she was at one point evil too or at least grey. He isn't the nicest guy and she once loved him...I think she may remember more if it now he touched her and we saw the electric thingy happening between them. Wonder will she say anything and how it'll affect them all. I feel next episode will be a filler. unfortunately. Did we also see how ppl get troubles? That black thing in the box. The way it worked it looked to me that was the way everyone got troubles in the first place. She maybe responsible for the troubles after all but if she is the only one able to stop them there must n=be more to it. I also thing we are back on Audrey is alien/creature form the other dimension track...alas.My she's cursed theory seems more unlikely now.

But it does open up the possibility that Audrey might have a classic "heel turn" and end up being the ultimate baddie that needs to be killed which would be a very unique turn for a show to take with it's main protagonist. (cough Jean Grey)

However I've been reading a number of theories referring to a possible Pandora's Box correlation so perhaps there might actually be a mythological tie-in to all this. Perhaps they're going to go with dieties, demigods, or some other supernatural creature.

But it does open up the possibility that Audrey might have a classic "heel turn" and end up being the ultimate baddie that needs to be killed which would be a very unique turn for a show to take with it's main protagonist. (cough Jean Grey)

However I've been reading a number of theories referring to a possible Pandora's Box correlation so perhaps there might actually be a mythological tie-in to all this. Perhaps they're going to go with dieties, demigods, or some other supernatural creature.

Hm,maybe. They still haven't chosen their supernatural theme. Troubles,Audrey,cause of it all Barn it can still be whatever they want it to be. maybe that's why I find it so appealing. Maybe when they finally give name to all of it I'll lose my interest. :lol: They introduce solutions without giving anything away and that's what keeps me hooked. I really wonder what direction they will take. I hope still it's some indian/witch curse.

Archived