Adwd- on the menu. MYSTERY MEATS? or cannibalism

Lord Liam DarkStark

when the children are feeding bran meera and jojen stew.

Wait... What? I heard (and support) the Jojen paste, but that's new... Are you saying that Bran was fed with a "Meera and Jojen stew" ot that Bran, Meera and Jojen were given "some" stew? :eek:

Bran meera and jojen were given a mystery stew

Phew... I was starting to fear :cool4: I don't think that's a human stew. The cave is full of bones and I think the CoTF know that humans eat meat (since the know BR and the Seven know how many before him) so they must have been ready to receive Bran's group.

Anyway, my first post wasn't a troll one. Maybe a defiant one, but I don't think there is much more under the whole "cannibalism" stuff.

Since Winter is coming people need to adapt: "Harsh times make hars people".

Yeah I know that's a matter of means to survive. But in other instances its not. Like if skagosi eat the dead men after battle. Or the frey pie. I think there's different meanings to the different implied cannabalistic beehaviors and events

Some times ago the good old Teal'c brought out an interesting theory that the Skagosi eat their dead to prevent them to turn into wights: part of Skagos lies North to the Wall and might be under the effect of the White Walker's magic.

Moreover, the wildlings at Hardhome are eating their deads (see Cotter Pyke's letter to Jon) is it just for food or to prevent a wight invasion? Other wildlings are renowned for eating their dead, even in normal situations.

I thought the hardhome cannibalism is because they are starving. And it gets rid of their bodies. But if it was for that single reason why not just burn the bodies. Those are far out places in the wild. Cannabilism is starting to happen in other places in far different instances. I thought it was interesting to part of the story. Like the rat cook. (:

Cannibalism has also been talked about a few other times that i can think of:

Arya not asking what the meat was in the bowl of brown in KL

Joffrey giving the commoners permission to eat their dead before the battle of the blackwater

Samwell being upset that the burning man in funeral pyre the NW smelled good (sorry i can't remember who died or who was talking to Sam about it smelling like pork).

I'm guessing there will be plenty of cannibalism in the winter... It tends to happen whenever there are dead bodies, no food, and survivors with the will to continue living.

Cannibalism has also been talked about a few other times that i can think of:

Arya not asking what the meat was in the bowl of brown in KL

Joffrey giving the commoners permission to eat their dead before the battle of the blackwater

Samwell being upset that the burning man in funeral pyre the NW smelled good (sorry i can't remember who died or who was talking to Sam about it smelling like pork).

I'm guessing there will be plenty of cannibalism in the winter... It tends to happen whenever there are dead bodies, no food, and survivors with the will to continue living.

Dolorous Edd was the one talking to Sam about it.

I also noticed all the talk and mentions of cannibalism. I think it may become more and more common as a means of survival with the winter that's coming.

IIRC Stannis kill some mountain men for eating someone. Yes there is quite a bit of man meat in the series.

For some reason, "man meat" made me laugh, but yes, he did have 4 men burnt for that. Although, one got his throat slashed by Ser Clayton Suggs before he could be burnt.

I think they were southron though.

Archived