Bran annoys me.

Rolex Baratheon

@ Jaime's Wench

Oh you should go back and read, specially his SOS chapters. They are mostly Meera's stories, not much of Bran. And it's worth too because of the hilarity of Hodor

This is a good point, and it's part of what I always enjoy about Bran's chapters. His chapters largely aren't about him, but those around him, where as almost all the other POVs are focused on themselves and what they're doing/thinking about doing, Bran's are about what is going on around him and how he interprets these things.

You act like its a piece of cake for a 10 yr old to almost get murdered doing the thing he loves to do most, then he goes into a coma and wakes up paralyzed. Of course he was bleached, he's a cripple in Westeros, basically worthless.

If he had more Arya in him it would be fake.

One thing I really appreciate is that the characters are all so different, especially the Stark children.

Arya is my favorite character, but the last thing I want is more Arya's running around

This is a good point, and it's part of what I always enjoy about Bran's chapters. His chapters largely aren't about him, but those around him, where as almost all the other POVs are focused on themselves and what they're doing/thinking about doing, Bran's are about what is going on around him and how he interprets these things.

I think this is the sticking point for me. I love reading and writing characters who are hugely active and full of life. I have never been interested in passive characters who sit and observe. To me, it's always a story about the people and what makes them do what they do.

I think this is the sticking point for me. I love reading and writing characters who are hugely active and full of life. I have never been interested in passive characters who sit and observe. To me, it's always a story about the people and what makes them do what they do.

I understand where you're coming from. What I enjoy is the "child's truth" side of things. You know how sometimes children see straight through the rationalizations and wrappings that adults put into situations and see them for what they truly are?

There are some situations that are too complicated for children to understand, but there are some that are only complicated because we make them complicated, and I think GRRM does a good job of bringing that out in Bran's observations. I enjoy seeing that side of the north to be honest, seeing it from a "child's" eyes. (Obviously GRRM isn't a child, but you take my point, I'm sure.) :)

He is written as a gentle soul, he wants to be a knight, but he never really thinks about it in violent terms or anything like that, he thinks about it in romantic terms. I also personally think that he would have made the best lord out of any of the Stark kids.

He IS the rightful Lord. Why has everyone given up on Bran? He has only been in that cave for like, two chapters. That's nothing. I think I feel about this the way some people feel about Stannis. Bran is the rightful Lord AND he would be the best Lord. He will BE the Lord of Winterfell by the end of the story. He is not happy in that cave! He doesn't WANT to be a tree!

I personally found his chapters (in particular ADWD) quite boring. Not much really happens, It just wasn't really interesting for me, except for Coldhands. I liked him in ACOK. And when I reread ASOS I hung on to every word of Meera's story. I don't dislike him, I just find his chapters the most boring.

He IS the rightful Lord. Why has everyone given up on Bran? He has only been in that cave for like, two chapters. That's nothing. I think I feel about this the way some people feel about Stannis. Bran is the rightful Lord AND he would be the best Lord. He will BE the Lord of Winterfell by the end of the story. He is not happy in that cave! He doesn't WANT to be a tree!

I hope you're right and he does get to come back and become Lord of Winterfell' not convinced that he will though. When I said, "would" have I was referring to the fact that he was the second born male, rather than the first born, and that out of all the Stark kids and Jon, he would make the best lord.

I dont like bran's chapters either. But i have to admit he has an amazing personality.

The one scene zhat really stuck with me is him proposing the bastard heir.

It was back then when I started hating his chapters, but not because of bran, but because of all the fucking idiots arround him.

Bran is helpless and crippled and it makes me wanna flail that stupid maester whenever he is too retarded to listen to bran. If that arrogant idiot actually had listened, he might have understood.

Because he isnt dumb, but as a trained maester, he is too arrogant to think outside his box, and appreciate the open free thoughts of children

I dont like bran's chapters either. But i have to admit he has an amazing personality.

The one scene zhat really stuck with me is him proposing the bastard heir.

It was back then when I started hating his chapters, but not because of bran, but because of all the fucking idiots arround him.

Bran is helpless and crippled and it makes me wanna flail that stupid maester whenever he is too retarded to listen to bran. If that arrogant idiot actually had listened, he might have understood.

Because he isnt dumb, but as a trained maester, he is too arrogant to think outside his box, and appreciate the open free thoughts of children

wow, finally someone else who thinks Leuwin is sooooo overrated and a douche. cheers

I think bran's chapters were the only good one, along with Jaime's one and theons.

Bran's sad view of the world might annoy you, but I think it's very deep

He improves as the series goes by, I'll give him that much. And by the way, you only found his and Jaime's and Theon's (epic reads) chapters good? That means you think 90% of the series boring? =O

Bran chapters of Dance are Gold. Bran chapters explore Stark history. we learn so much about Ned and his sibling, northern culture, history of Wall, stark kings through bran Pov. I also disagree that Bran storyline is not central. Bran storyline is part of Ice and might become part of fire also in future.

Bran chapters of Dance are Gold. Bran chapters explore Stark history. we learn so much about Ned and his sibling, northern culture, history of Wall, stark kings through bran Pov. I also disagree that Bran storyline is not central. Bran storyline is part of Ice and might become part of fire also in future.

This is, again, another reason. I am not hugely interested in Stark history. If anything, I find Targ history more interesting. The Starks seemed to have been kings once, now no longer, built a big wall, and hung out in Winterfell.

This is, again, another reason. I am not hugely interested in Stark history. If anything, I find Targ history more interesting. The Starks seemed to have been kings once, now no longer, built a big wall, and hung out in Winterfell.

Sounds like the Chinese, nothing worth reading about in their history... :P

I've always really liked Bran and his chapters. I guess I just have it in me to be able to appreciate his quiet, intelligent, insightful, and good-hearted, yet willful personality. It's fascinating to me to be able to learn about the world, its histories, and its supernatural along with him.

I've always really liked Bran and his chapters. I guess I just have it in me to be able to appreciate his quiet, intelligent, insightful, and good-hearted, yet willful personality. It's fascinating to me to be able to learn about the world, its histories, and its supernatural along with him.

:agree:

Well said.

They also used to sacrifice their enemies to old gods. There are theories out there that Others are connected to starks. then there is stark-bolton conflict.

Sounds like the Chinese, nothing worth reading about in their history... :P

Lol. I am a History teacher .... so shameful.

I do find them interesting. I especially loved them in AGOT and ACOK and I still love Sansa and Arya's chapters. I would just rather some Lannister history loving, and some Casterly Rock loving, and just lotsandlotsandlotsandlots of Jaime loving.

Lol. I am a History teacher .... so shameful.

I do find them interesting. I especially loved them in AGOT and ACOK and I still love Sansa and Arya's chapters. I would just rather some Lannister history loving, and some Casterly Rock loving, and just lotsandlotsandlotsandlots of Jaime loving.

Have you seen this?

Archived