Show Tyrion vs Book Tyrion (Spoilers)

Shadow on the Wall

Tyrion told Bronn and Shae the entire Tysha story in Season 1 while they were playing drinking games in their tent before battle.

I do believe he failed to mention he took her last. Though they might be saving that for when they have him bring her up again to remind us all, 'saving it for when it's relevant', which is one of the production policies that I'm not too fond of.

Newstar, feel yourself liked for your post #16, how I miss those buttons.

I wonder very much how the show will be able to transport the embarrassment, awkwardness and misery of both characters in the wedding scene. I stll think that the nudity, which can't be shown since Sophie Turner is too young, would not be gratitious here at all. It symbolizes the total vulnerability of both characters, baring their souls, the loss of dignity, both doing damage to themselves.

Actually the whole scene is imo one of the best written chapters in the books, full of deep sadness and ambiguity. I can only hope that all that will be made visible.

Couldn't agree more. They've taken a complicated and fascinating character and turned him into the lovable comedy Dwarf stereotype.

A loveable comedy dwarf that burns thousands of people alive?

I don't rememer that in Snow White!

Newstar, feel yourself liked for your post #16, how I miss those buttons.

I wonder very much how the show will be able to transport the embarrassment, awkwardness and misery of both characters in the wedding scene. I stll think that the nudity, which can't be shown since Sophie Turner is too young, would not be gratitious here at all. It symbolizes the total vulnerability of both characters, baring their souls, the loss of dignity, both doing damage to themselves.

Actually the whole scene is imo one of the best written chapters in the books, full of deep sadness and ambiguity. I can only hope that all that will be made visible.

The nudity could be done with parental permission, but as this is an American production for American audiences, and her semi-nude scene from book 2 was toned down for the show, it is highly unlikely. If this was a European production for European audiences, it would be in there, with maybe some dancing girls thrown in there, and directed by David Hamilton.

I do not think that being naked in movies has always to do with cheap sexual thrills. Here we talk about an actress that is a minor, so the situation is different. Apart from that it should be the young actress who should be asked first, not her parents.

And even if I am European and we are all known for being godless, sexually permissive and promiscuous I prefer juveniles in movies to stay dressed or their nakedness somehow only hinted at by camera tricks. Being naked on screen can be as much about being vulnerable, symbolize being victimized, about naked soul like in that case discussed here. It can be right the contrary of sexual thrill but telling something about sexual misery.

Sorry for disappointing you, but though being immorally European I was not advocating dancing girls but a more expressive way to pass over the sadness, humiliation and misery of the situation.

I do not think that being naked in movies has always to do with cheap sexual thrills. Here we talk about an actress that is a minor, so the situation is different. Apart from that it should be the young actress who should be asked first, not her parents.

And even if I am European and we are all known for being godless, sexually permissive and promiscuous I prefer juveniles in movies to stay dressed or their nakedness somehow only hinted at by camera tricks. Being naked on screen can be as much about being vulnerable, symbolize being victimized, about naked soul like in that case discussed here. It can be right the contrary of sexual thrill but telling something about sexual misery.

Sorry for disappointing you, but though being immorally European I was not advocating dancing girls but a more expressive way to pass over the sadness, humiliation and misery of the situation.

I'm sure Sophie would be asked first. What I was getting at is that in America, nudity of minors in film is allowed if parental permission is obtained; and to contrast the attitude toward nudity between two cultures.

Agree with you on nakedness symbolizing vulnerability, etc. I was just having a goof.

Archived