Is Davos AA?

Rennie

Davos is about as likely as Hot Pie in my mind. I think AA is going to be one of the characters we've seen from the begginning (IE Jon Snow or Daenaerys). Unless Davos is a secret Targ!!

of course he is a secret Targ! Why else the low birth backstory? and having him help stannis at storms end and help the usurper defeat his own house! Its the perfect cover to return as AA 20 years later. I dont know how anyone missed this... :bang:

Maybe Davos is a secret Targ as @The Enormity that Rides mentioned. He's not the first secret Targ running around and causing confusion in the forums. Plus he saved Stannis with onions, and onions make you cry, and tears seem to be equated with the salt component of the prophecy. He will kill the Others by throwing onions at them which will melt their skin. :lmao:

Poor Stannis. Seems he is destined to just be the link to Azor Ahai (whether Jon or Davos) instead of being Azor Ahai himself.

Seriously speaking, I want good things to happen to Davos just because he's a good guy (Azor Ahai or not) and doesn't deserve a terrible fate. Many of the characters I like, I like due to their witty and dark personalities, while Davos, I like because despite the wrong things he's done, he has a really good core personality. It's refreshing and humbling to read his musings.

His son's? He was a leader in the battle that killed them. I think AA is 7 people...Davos may well be one of them.

This is what I was thinking as well. Davos' sons = Nissa Nissa

Isn't the red star the Comet traveling throughout the novel CoK? Or does Davos need a separate red star? Melisandr

The red comet was traveling through the sky at the time as well!!! Forgot that!

I think he fits perfectly other than the Targ line he should come from. 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Still hoping for Davos!!

I think you guys put too much faith in prophecies. AA is nobody, the Others will turn back once they hear Danaerys' shrill screams of self-righteous stupidity. Not even pure evil can stand her bitchiness (no offense to females... well, slight offense. Control your genitalia, ok? I don't scream at everyone whenever I get a boner).

Davos will most likely die protecting someone.. perhaps for Roberts bastard? Protecting Stannis? Thats how his type end the story

Hmm while I dont disagree that he may die before the series is over saying "thats how his type end the story" kinda doesnt work with ASOIAF..would you say Robb the hero son of a wrongly killed honorable hero type would end up murdered by friends in a typical fantasy story? I find these books so interesting because you have to throw out all the conventions of a typical story that you think you know what is going to happen.

I think you guys put too much faith in prophecies. AA is nobody, the Others will turn back once they hear Danaerys' shrill screams of self-righteous stupidity. Not even pure evil can stand her bitchiness (no offense to females... well, slight offense. Control your genitalia, ok? I don't scream at everyone whenever I get a boner).

Oh right, because Tyrion, Theon, Robert, where all completely emotionally stable and self-controlled when it came to their penises and sexuality :lol: or characters like Jaime, who slept with his blood sister, or Joff who wanted to rape and humiliated to enforce fear and control, Euron who forcibly took his brother's wife which got her killed by Victarion who is still bitter about it and often takes it out on others, Jorah who is madly in love with a preteen girl 30-40 years younger than him, Chett who stabbed a "loose" girl because she laughed when he wanted to get laid, Arys who threw away his oath and his head for an infatuation, Craster who slept with all his daughters, Varamyr who without regret whored around with any women he wanted whether they wanted it or not, Robb who slept with a maiden for "comfort", married her then got killed, Petyr who had drunken sex with one sister, felt scorned by the other sister, then uses sex to manipulate the former sister again while creating chaos for everone else on the side, Ramsay Snow who beats, rapes, bites and hunts victims, or Rhaegar who took hold of a noblewoman and caused a massive war.....

Then you have dozens and dozens of male rapists in the books.

But oh no, of course, only females apparently have problems with controlling their genitlia or emotions. *nod nod*

I'd say davos was reborn when he smuggled the onions and salt beef into storms end. Now instead of a smuggler he's a kings hand. I'd say his nissa nissa were either his fingers or his sons. He may have also been reborn at the blackwater. The smoke and salt thing is pretty impossible as most things involve salt and many others produce smoke.

• 7 months later...

This is among the lowest forms of comedy. Yes even beneath the Farce and the Knock-knock Jokes. Here we find the X is a secret targaryen and X is Azor Ahai. This is uncreative, this is trollish, this is mind-bogglingly lazy! For crying out loud, the joke consists of remembering a character and saying to yourself d'uhuhu! "Wuld et naht be funeh if Davs Wer AA?" You can't even be bothered with typing out the entire remaining six letters but instead just blurt it out "Davos is AAlol", and chuckle to yourself as you press post. It is not funny, and if it is seriously meant which I hope for your sake that it is not, I would inform you that it is no longer relevant who Azor Ahai is. THE STORY IS AN ALLEGORY FOR THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THE SAKE OF DUTY. STOP IT.

Isn't AA supposed to raise dragons from stone, so far Davos is the only POV who has actively stopped this happening. Also everyone keeps saying they want it to Davos because they want something good to happen to him, I too would like good things for Davos as he is the most likeable character so far. But being AA is not necessarily a good thing, it in fact seems to me like AA will get the shittiest end of the shit stick. The best thing for Davos would be for him to go home to his wife and have a comfortable life.

Let's see:

Reborn - Battle of the Blackwater, check

Under a bleeding star - dunno, was the comet still in the sky?

Cold winds blowing - well, up at the wall I guess

Smoke - Battle of the Blackwater, check

Salt - Battle of the Blackwater, check

Woken dragon - um... nope.

Burning sword from the fire - um... nope.

Of the line of Aerys & Rhaella - Well I'm sure there's a theory. I mean we have Targs coming out of our ears.

I don't see how he passes the test. Try Jon...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived