The greyjoy fleet

Raptor503

It was much easier for Theon to sneak up to Winterfell on foot, through the woods, than it would be for Stannis to sneak up to the Iron Islands (Davos could do it with one ship with black sails but it would take a lot more than one boat). But again, somebody please explain why the f*ck would Stannis want the Iron Islands? They are useless. No strategic benefits, no crops to steal, no wealth to plunder. Also the Iron Islands are a bunch of islands with multiple holdfasts on each of them. Taking them is not the same as sneaking up on one castle. All it would do is bring down the wrath of Euron on Stannis. It would just be reallllly stupid....

I'd say Euron is at Vinetown or Starfish Harbor where the Ironborn are using them as bases to prey on shipping bound for Oldtown. When the Ironmen attack Oldtown, Euron will be there.

Why would Stannis want the Iron Islands anyway? They're pretty worthless from a strategic standpoint. It's like Theon taking Winterfell (almost exactly like it) all it would accomplish would be to seriously piss off the Ironborn.

I agree that taking the Iron Islands would provide no strategic value, and would wasting men and resources in a campaign that has nothing to do with the Iron Throne. Stannis would save them for last as they are currently distracting the Tyrells.

Good point about them be worthless islands. Hell I still think if he leaves them he can sweep down and take the Riverlands, vale and Westerlands without too much trouble. All of their main armies but the vale are depleted and which riverlord would actually side with a Frey?

He doesn't need to take the Riverlands or the Vale at all. They are ready to flock to a Stark (hi Rickon), or anybody who wishes to punish the Freys.

Euron--by many other threads people believe he is either aboard the Iron Victory or somewhere close in his fleet. I mean he NEEDS to keep a close eye on Victarion because of everything he has done to him. Euron is still attacking Old Town and raiding along the West but its not a HUGE deal. The Redwyne fleet is almost there. Eurons GRAND plan is him securing Dany and i say 'securing' on purpose because he could very well steal her somehow by brute force or magic. Also, Victarion BARLEY has 100 ships he had lost so many over the journey to where they were to meet up and they gained MAYBE 15 long-ships/ sailing vessels by seizing the crew.

Archived