Mafia 96.5

House Targaryen

Still I had smaller chances than you to win the game. SK always has Small chances

ETA: Because it worked as I planned( be investigated, role reveal, I caught both of you on D1)

Nu-uh. You were ridiculously overpowered as a SK. If you were simply a RI, I would have said great game, though (but you would have been dead two nights ago). Mallister played great for an innocent too. Definitely best player this game.

I am here, does it matter?

Dunno, it's up to the mods.

While we're at it, can I sweet-talk you into voting Reyne tomorrow?

Reyne is so mean... he killed Vance and Mallister. He also has this sense of entitlement to him. "I'm the best player. I deserve to win" yadda, yadda...

I think he needs a comeuppance.

The Winner

"Well, Estermont?" asked Swann. "Surely you agree I deserve to win?"

"No, no -- it's surely me." insisted Reyne. "I basically played the game like I was a vig and wanted the innocents to win, anyway."

Targaryen frowned to himself. This seemed more like an argument that Reyne hadn't read his winning conditions properly, didn't it?

"A bulletproof serial killer!" whinged Swann, noisily. "How totally unexpected."

(Targaryen checked his source. No, the source had been pretty clear: "the serial killer is normally bulletproof". He wondered who had written that, and what possible relevance this might have to the game.)

"And the mods gave you a nice role to claim, too." Swann continued, warming to his theme. "The evil faction had no chance to beat you. We only outnumbered you two to one and we only had twice as many chances to kill. And it's not like the mods gave us roles to claim that we decided to ignore for some reason."

Targaryen reflected that he had found Swann much less irritating when he'd been trying to hide his alt.

Estermont sighed. "I think the innocents lost because I voted for night so quickly on day 4," he said, sadly (and accurately). "I'm not sure who I want to win now."

Targaryen had had enough. Since when was mafia decided by a popularity contest at the end of the game? he asked himself.

"Oh, sod it." he muttered, pushing Estermont out of the way. "If picking winners by popular acclaim is the new way to play mafia, I want to get involved."

"Now, let's see..." Targaryen wondered who really deserved to win.

Everyone seemed to think Mallister played pretty well. he thought. Shame that the innocents have no possible chance of winning, really.

He scanned the player list, despairingly. Do any of these losers really deserve to win? he wondered.

Suddenly, Targareyn remembered that there were alts he hadn't even used for this game. Of course! he thought. Talking of over-powered and unbalanced roles...

"I'm ready to appoint a winner!" he announced, brightly.

Congratulations to The True Drowned God, a member of the Not-Even-An-Actual-Player-But-What-The-Hell? Faction

"... wait, what?" spluttered the three survivng players. "How can he win?

"I'm a 12-shot unblockable (and unlynchable) informed day vig/ninja?" suggested The Drowned God. "Also, I managed not to misread the rules, needlessly make personal attacks on the other players or send the mods any whiny PMs, so I guess they like me more."

With a angry roar, the surviving trio united to battle their new nemesis. But the True Drowned God effortlessly parried Swann's panicky attack, disarming him with a sharp blow of his magical Orc-detecing katana. He sneered contemptously at Reyne's efforts to defend himself. After all, Reyne was only bulletproof during the night. For good measure, the chthonic deity also stole Estermont's vote, using an ability that, until writing this sentence, the mods hadn't realised they'd given him.

His superiority well-established, The Drowned God danced on the deck of the ship long into the night.

Somehow this all seemed incredibly unsatisfying. Swann and Reyne wondered whose fault that could be.

This is the way the game ends.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

The game is definitely over.

The spoilers will be made public soon enough. Dead players and spectators, feel free to post here now.

Yes, you Puny Mortals

You shall suffer my Wrath.

Estermont

Reyne

Swann

I curse death on you all. You shall serve me by cleaning the floors of my watery hall.

"What is dead may Never Die, but rise again harder and Stronger." Now come my new minions and Bow before my awesomeness. You failed to find the killers in Time that they had to tell you who they were. So, I will kill them for you. and my price for doing to, Estermont's life as well. Now all three parties die together meaning I am alive and I win.

I am a God so do not think to challenge my Power.

Archived