MAFIA 97: Mystery Hall of Fame: Day Six

House Targaryen

Well this isn't looking good...

I don't have any strong scummy reads so im not sure who to vote. I would be tempted to put ot on kettleblack but thats only because of suspicion. But obviously its npt going to happen and as stack said it is a bit early to turn on them just after the room search.

There is something about celtigar I don't like, not sure what but its not going to happen

This leaves me with Ashford, mainly because I don't want to be lynched and he seems the best way to stop it. Anyway his votes on me so it is only fair

This is a pretty terrible post.

Anyone else think that the likes of Ashford and Mallister have been given an easy ride for pretty much 2 days straight??

Loads of players are getting an easy ride, and it's very annoying.

I like how you pick out just a few of my posts that you can craft to fit your "theory" and don't actually look at the totality of my play.

Holy Long posts Batman. If you made such a long post actually making a case on someone I'd vote for them without even reading it. Please keep the length of your counter-cases down. Removing the unconvincing righteous indignation could help. I re-read the posts you had at the time, though I'll admit I was focusing on Westerling interactions.

Anyway, that's what we do when we make cases. We select a number of posts that contain suspicious things and quote them. We don't quote the entirety of their posts and say "Behold Vance. Look upon her works, ye mighty, and despair!". If there was something that made me doubt myself, some clear indication of innocence, I would have said so.

It's also cute how you called me suspicious yesterday along with Yronwood, but then decided he might be town today because he called you town, even though yesterday you would like me more if I would have pushed Yronwood. If you wanted Yronwood lynched yesterday, why didn't you push him?

Cute as in kittens or cute in a bad way? Anyway, I wanted lots of people lynched yesterday, you say so yourself later on.

Here's the big problem with your 'case' and all the other ramblings you've made about me today. Not in one instance do you try to figure out my motivation.

I don't get this (which may be part of the problem?). To me your motivation is the same as everyone elses: to win the game. That's not to say every action you take in the persecution of that objective makes sense. Players make mistakes.

You pick out posts and line them up and go "AHA Suspicious" and craft a case and use language to suggest what you want others to see instead of try to figure out where I'm coming from. At best that's deficient scumhunting, at worst it's scum motivation.

Isn't that what everyone does or has mafia really changed that much recently? Your own counter-case is chock full of the kind of language you refer to. When you make a case you're not only trying to present the bare facts, you're trying to be persuasive.

There have been some halfway townish things that you've said so I'm going to give you a slight benefit of the doubt that you're just employing deficient scumhunting methods.

That's... very kind of you?

You can keep calling me evil all you want but it's not going to change the fact I'm town, and part of me thinks you know that.

This is part of what bugs me. What the hell makes you obvious town? Work with me a bit here. I'm obviously experienced to some extent, but I've been out of the game some, suck at alt-guessing and I am not familiar with many of the newer players, so I don't know who you are. You're just player Vance to me. Now from that perspective, what on earth have you done that would make me think you're innocent? Yeah, you're very active (which makes the game fun for other people, if nothing else, so thank you) but (to me) you're not very productive. Your stance on Westerling certainly didn't clear you unless we go for a too obvious to be evil defence, your room wasn't investigated, you haven't lead the charge on a guilty player, etc. So why on earth should I 'know' you're innocent???

You can try and get me lynched all you want, but you're going to have to do better than this piecemeal crap of a case you put together. Roll up your sleeves and put a little elbow grease into it, and I'll leave my dance card completely open just for you.

I'm going to try and get that damn finder role and investigate your room, is the only thing I can think of. You've basically been declared town by most everyone (which obviously makes me doubt myself, but only to an extent). You're not lynchable.

Unless you're trying to say I tried to save my partner. Are you trying to say that? Really? Come on...look me in the eyes and tell me that's what you're trying to say.

I already explained this to Osgrey (I think) but this post was before Reyne dropped the bomb on Westerling, and Westerling wasn't really a top vote getter, so you wouldn't have been too worried that he could be lynched (actually, this should be true regardless of your alignment). So it was a precaution of sorts (again, true regardless of alingnment, either because he was your partner or because you thought he might be a healer). Now, if you're guilty this was obviously a mistake, but as I said, FM mistakes are how we catch FM (especially experienced ones).

I'm actually quite offended that you're looking at this and calling it evidence of partner interaction. I'd consider that a bit half-assed of a way to try to save my partner, and if he were my partner I'd have gone about it a whole lot differently.

Again, I don't know you. I don't know the way you play or how much or little you'd normally do to save a partner.

And what's wrong with this? I would have totally believed him that he just missed it. In fact, I was waiting for him to fess up that he missed it. Anyone who altguessed him would have known how likely it was that he did just miss something like that. And I would have thought regardless of alignment that he would have fessed up when he realized his mistake.

He didn't and when he didn't, I tried looking through the setup to see if there could be some reason for why one person wouldn't have an item. I wasted time I didn't actually have that day trying to make sense of it and came up with that idiotic notion. When I saw his confession I realized how dumb I was and thought it was more humorous than anything that once again I made a mistake about the setup.

If I were his partner and pulled some lame half-assed attempt at saving my partner, I certainly wouldn't have called attention to it later. I'd have whistled and hoped it went away.

Surely you've been around enough to have heard the expression 'Wine in front of me'? A very inspiring story, though...

I'll continue with the rest of the case later, I have to work now, but if anyone got his far (Vance? Maybe?) I'll say that I hate how the case on Ashford started. Osgrey votes "Ashford" as if he'd just come down from Mount Sinai and everyone starts "yeah, Ashford was so suspicious because of this, this and that...". Is that how we do it now? First we decide on the mob target and then we make the case?

And I hate the alt rules in this game.

And get off my porch!

Just like that? I don't see it. Blount looks awful once again.

Ashford

Ashford

Ashford

I'm still re-reading but this is best for now.

ashford. going to bed. night. might check thread on phone if i cant fall asleep.

I can definitely go Ashford. Found this particular bit really bad/weird.

Being away I somehow got a slightly better feeling for Estermont. The reason is something like that.

I'm kinda of the mind that if he were scum and did come out to contribute that he'd have the presence of mind to make some more concrete observations than he has. But, he went all meek and wishywashy on some things.

This slot still needs to go before too many days are up if need be, but I'd expect different contribution from scum if they were prodded to contribute I guess.

Reading back, Grandison and Swann feel worse than Estermont and Ashford.

One of the "nights visions" was also Mallister being scum. Him leaving without a vote is bad bad. But Swann and Blount pushing on him kind of negates my suspicions.

I do not think I'll vote Ashford, sorry. Let me ponder on Estermont a few minutes more.

Just like that? I don't see it. Blount looks awful once again.

Being away I somehow got a slightly better feeling for Estermont. The reason is something like that.

Reading back, Grandison and Swann feel worse than Estermont and Ashford.

One of the "nights visions" was also Mallister being scum. Him leaving without a vote is bad bad. But Swann and Blount pushing on him kind of negates my suspicions.

I do not think I'll vote Ashford, sorry. Let me ponder on Estermont a few minutes more.

If you don't vote Ashford, at this point you have no choice BUT to vote Estermont.

If your conclusion is to try to create a third train at what is 1am-4am for the majority of players, 1 hour from lynch, then you should swing tomorrow.

I'm back. What the hell happened after I went?

I have not read back all of it yet, but since I am here What do you need to know from me? Ask if you are around.

I don't know if anyone notices that I said my gut was a dumbass (I'll get you the post if you want to see it), right after saying that Thorne's defense was good. I was going to unvote thorne but forgot in that post. When Swann came in all thunder about Thorne right after that I didn't want to place my 'unvote thorne' under their nose, I wanted to see what conclusions they would come to without that interfering. It's something I like to do, similar thing I did with Thorne, to see their new take on Estermont. I want to see someones conclusions wihtout leaving a blueprint for them to copy.

I am sorry I am not that talkative. The game is going on in my head, even when I am away, that is how I work to come to conclusions. I find that when I interact too much I get sidetracked and do stupid things like mislynch because I've been swayed by something. I'm trying to be better at displayiing my thoughts.

Also I am not very experienced in mafia, maybe you have picked that up already.

It's unlikely in the extreme, based on time zones, that we have enough players here to lynch anyone outside those 2.

Hmm. Rereading those two then.

Objection, your honor!

We have yet to be told where on earth this mansion is.

If the mansion is based in the far north or far south, the bay window is facing the equator and is large enough, along with a fairly clear view of the horizon, then it is possible that the sun can rise and set through the same bay window. After all, in the far north the sun will be more south east to south west, while at the equator it is purely east to west.

In fact, I send the mods a video of this very phenomena .. A single time lapse video showing the sun dip below the horizon, travel across the cameras view, then rise on the other side. All well within a bay window's viewing angle.

If the latitude does fit, you must acquit!

OBJECTION!

Riddle says it is on Lannisport ._.

Archived