MAFIA 97: Mystery Hall of Fame: Day Six

House Targaryen

OBJECTION!

Riddle says it is on Lannisport ._.

Lannisport is on the same lattitude as warm Kings Landing, but that might be due to a hot ocean current and southern trade winds. We have no idea where the arctic circle in Westeros would be... Just where it starts getting very cold.

What with odd seasons possibly magical in origin, that's no evidence at all on the lattitude.

I mean the simple fact that Westeros can go into total darkness during a long winter suggests that perhaps it is all inside the arctic circle, and a long winter gets a mid winter style period where the sun is always below the horizon.

Oh good. I still think Ester could likely be scum. I've seen this lurking attempting newbtown style before. I have been fooled by it to my own detriment. So I don't like to give a pass on it when I see it.

You yourself are kind of attempting the "art naive" style.

I hate ech and everyone here now (it means myself)

And fuck work:

Here's the epic second half of my debunking of Vance's debunking of my case.

This one I'm at a total loss why you're pulling it up. This is in response to Celtigar calling a stackspear/westerling partnership based on what I think is incorrect information. I pointed that out. So, am I defending my partner from the grave? As far as what I think is and isn't possible for Westerling as a mafia partner, I alt guessed him and for anyone who did altguess him they would probably agree with my assessment.

I didn't alt-guess him. I suck at alt-guessing. That you were saying that you didn’t think Westerling was the type to keep up with the scum forum sounds suspicious. I mean, the scum forum is only viewable by scum, so to have this impression you’d need to correctly alt-guess Westerling and coincidentally have been partnered with him in a previous game where he wasn’t very active in the forum.

I'm not going to quote all the estermont posts because it's bordering on the ridiculous. Estermont was demonstrating that he was caught up with the thread but not contributing anything. I find that irritating as hell. It's one thing to not have time and be low activity because of that and it's quite another to obviously be following along with the thread and popping in to say random things that have absolutely nothing to do with the game.

Why aren’t you voting for him then??? That Ashford mob just came completely out of the blue…

This one I do want to quote because I think it's sickeningly slimy that you cut out half of it:

You cut out the rest of it to just quote what I said about estermont then you came up with this conclusion:

I think you meant to quote something of mine here but it didn’t work out, or maybe the quote of a quote was lost when I hit my own quote button? Anyway, if I’m making a point about your interactions with Estermont then I’ll only quote the parts of your posts that I think are relevant. Do you really consider whatever it is I didn’t quote (I can’t even remember it now) to be such a great indictment of your character that it was scummy to ignore it?

You also now disallow for me to make any type of productive comment on Estermont because if I find Estermont's contributions townish (which I semi do but not convinced) you get to harken back here and say see told you!

The threat of Grandison shouldn’t prevent you from commenting on any player. Of course if both of us are innocent what you say about Estermont might feed my confirmation bias, which is unfortunate, but I’m only one player.

You're also making the wtf stretch that I would, right after one of my partners got lynched, and we are in day two, would shine a spotlight repeatedly on my partner. Like did you actually think about this?

Yeah? Someone (everyone?) was going to shine a spotlight on Westerling after he was lynched and came up guilty. It was completely unavoidable. If you can’t fight them, might as well join them.

If estermont were my partner I'd still be annoyed, but I'd be sending emails and yelling in the scum qt, not shining a beacon where there was none.

Again, wine in front of me. If you thought Estermont was likely to be lynched then you would (or should) distance from him on the thread. Of course you could say you would have done the same with Westerling, but I contend that when you left for the day you couldn’t have thought the chances of him getting lynched were very high.

Also Also, you're suggesting that I'm yelling about something but when that person posts I'm going to go Oh so protown. How damn sloppy do you think I am.

Obviously this move needs some flair to pull off, but I have certainly seen it done, and you do seem pretty confident in your own abilities. You don’t have to think he’s protown, just that someone else (like Ashford, for instance) might make a better lynch.

Like seriously, are you actually serious about what you posted?

I would hope so.

I wear my pants upon my head and go hurrdurr <------------- is how half the town is acting right now.

Hurrdurr *cough* I mean Heh

Lynch probability aside, do you both think Estermont is more likely a scum than Blount?

More or less likely doesn't matter. Estermont has a good chance of being guilty. It's a bad time for attendance, and we have 65 minutes until lynch.

Lynch probability aside, do you both think Estermont is more likely a scum than Blount?

I think Estermont is the better lynch, yes. He's bumbling and looks pretty horrid, his flip will help me a lot with a couple of other suspicions and he's been a top vote-getter all day. If you want to get Blount lynched make a case on him and confront him when he's around so we can learn more about both of you. I hate random speed lynches on principle, anyway.

Okay... Blount.

That's because there are several people who look suspicious.

I won't vote Kettleblack, Dondarrion, Osgrey, Vance, Stackspear, Karstark, or Swann today, barring any game-changing revelations. Swann because he's a replacement so deserves a day, IMO. Anyone else is a fair shot,

I dislike this post. In iso it'd make me suspect him.

However, having re-read his entire contribution I feel quite good about Blount. Over all I'd list him in my tier 4, not very likely to be scum.

So to answer your question, I'd really rather not vote off Blount today, even if we had time and numbers.

It is day 2

16 players remain: Ashford, Blount, Celtigar, Dayne, Dondarrion, Estermont, Grandison, Karstark, Kettleblack, Mallister, Osgrey, Stackspear, Swann, Thorne, Vance, Yronwood.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

8 votes for Estermont (Celtigar, Grandison, Karstark, Ashford, Dayne, Yronwood, Kettleblack, Thorne)

6 votes for Ashford (Osgrey, Dondarrion, Vance, Stackspear, Blount, Estermont)

1 vote for Mallister (Swann)

1 player has not voted: Mallister.

Archived