Character Sorting Game!

Saint Arya

Ok, doing Bran's now, so...

brAnthelAstgreenseer, on 11 December 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

q1) Which member of your family are you closest to?ans) My Mother.She always supports me. Hard to know gage much from this, except a vague Tully vibe. q2)Who is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?ans) George Costanaza: He is really funny and very real character.His character never really changes throughout the show which makes him even more awesome. No idea who that guy is but it sounds like you like consistency, which is quite a Stark/Arryn trait. q3) If you could have a superpower, what would it be?ans) i always liked time-traveller/teleporter. But why?

About me: I'm 22 years old. Currently i have dropped out of my last semester in college and have been trying to start a business with my friends. Ok, getting a sense you don't do commitment well. I love sports ,i watch most of them and play most of them. ASOIAF: i think i like everything about this series . i love the writing style, love the characters,love to hate some characters , the twists and turns, the magnificent world that has been created. I'm not sure how much this tells me, I'm afriad, since this is the main reason we all like it. The character i mostly relate to: Tyrion,he is a survivor. he does or shall we say did most of the things for his family never got any recognition. he tried hard to fit into a society he didnt like -i dont like the education system under which i am but i m doing my best.He stands up for the big ocassion and is ready to give his all. He also drinks a lot ... Sounds like you like Tyrion for very different reasons to why I like him.

I am finding it hard to sense a strong personality from you. I think someone who doesn't take life too seriously, but who wants to have a go at different things. I would say Loras because of your easy manner and enthusiasm for sport, but I don't see any thirst for glory that he has (not to say he has as much as my Jaime but...) I will go for Loras for now.

I'm changing my vote for Eddard to... shockingly enough, The Ned. I know, it seems like sort of a stupid choice because of your username, but re-reading your test and taking into account that you're quite shy and not very talkative, Ned jumped out at me. I guess because he does have a lot in common with King Bob, but he's like a more sensible and reserved version. After Ned, my new second choice is Jon Snow.

I'm changing my vote for Eddard to... shockingly enough, The Ned. I know, it seems like sort of a stupid choice because of your username, but re-reading your test and taking into account that you're quite shy and not very talkative, Ned jumped out at me. I guess because he does have a lot in common with King Bob, but he's like a more sensible and reserved version. After Ned, my new second choice is Jon Snow.

Loving how you chose Ned and I chose Tywin :-D

You should pay attention to what questions he chose to answer.

But that's what led me to King Bob :( I feel like those are definitely questions King Bob would have answered, but if he's quieter than King Bob... hm. I agree though, those aren't questions that Jon or The Ned would have answered. Maybe Bronn? No, i doubt Bronn would have answered the penguin question. I get the impression that Bronn would rather shock everyone by eating it without a word than warning people in advance. And i doubt he'd care at all whether he was loved or feared, as long as he got the job done.

I thought about Mance, but Mance likes putting on a show, what with his singing and such. And Mance would have answered the "three wishes" question, because he's idealistic enough to leave the Night's Watch and break his vows for a chance at a better life.

Phew. This is a really hard one. Thinking about it some more, my top 3 choices for Eddard are:

1. Rickon. I don't know if he'd want to be a bear or a shark, but whichever he chose it would be the one that he saw as being able to do whatever it wanted. He'd probably be harsh with the rebellious vassal too, choosing to go to war even though it's not completely necessary. Rickon's got abandonment issues, so he'd definitely want to be loved and respected rather than feared. Rickon's also got a bit of the "wild wolf" in him, and Shaggydog's fear and anger has shown that the two of them, if not cared for, could easily go rogue. That reminds me of the "favourite character" answer to me, because Rickon doesn't seem too concerned about being "good," he just wants to be the one that comes out on top. Joker-ish. Anyway, Rickon isn't particularly showy, but is a tough Northman through and through. He's combative but not brash, and hot-tempered but not cruel.

2. The Ned, for the reasons i said in the last post.

3. King Bob, for the reasons a few of us have said.

Loving how you chose Ned and I chose Tywin :-D

:lol: I think you were pretty good with Theon, i kept thinking of him but since we weren't allowed Ironborn, i made it Robb/Robert because the two of them seem to make Theon for me.

I've just read over your test and for some reason Olenna Tyrell sprang to mind... maybe because to me she's a wiser, less sexual Cersei. I just realised how ironic it is that Cersei is always going on about men "thinking with their cocks" and how that never ends well, when her own sexuality was what landed her in jail. I don't think Olenna would ever make that mistake. I was also thinking about how you're a teacher.... i might be wrong, but there's got to be some maternal instinct there, and it seems like you really care about what's best for the kids and you're not afraid to try and get it for them. Olenna with Margaery, perhaps? I think i'll change my vote for you to Olenna.

I'm not Olenna, sorry. To be Olenna requires me to have at least an ounce of subtelty :-p

I do think with my (opposite to cock) a little too often, as has been proved by my latest crush at work and the little scheme I am hatching with an unwitting workmate. It's very hard to know if it's going well, but unlike Cersei and the SS, I can acknowledge when my schemes are failing... but that doesn't mean I will stop doing them. I may, like them, end up getting my fingers burnt.

But interesting thinking.

Round One Finals!

Here is a list per poster of their suggested ASoIaF counterparts. Cast your final vote on who fits best for each one :) Majority wins and our impartial judges can help make the final decisions.

brAnthelAstgreenseer

Garlan Tyrell, Loras Tyrell, Tommen Baratheon, Tyrion Lannister and Faceless Man

Jaime's Wench

Sand Snake: Sarella Sand, Obara Sand, Tyene Sand, and Nymeria Sand, Arriane Martell, Oberyn Martell, Cersei Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Stannis Baratheon, Olenna Tyrell, Septa Lemore

Julifay Greyiron

Arya Stark, Asha Greyjoy, Robb Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Rodrik the Reader, Ser Harras Harlaw

Rose Rivers

Ygritte, Daenerys Targaryen, Arriane Martell, Edmure Tully

Top12Gun

Oberyn Martell, Tywin Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Robert Baratheon

(I checked and he hasn't posted since before the game started so I have him a bye week till next round ;) )

eddard of the house stark

Robert Baratheon, Robb Stark, Eddard Stark, Mance Rayder, Tywin Lannister, Theon Greyjoy, Rickon Stark

And you can vote on your own and argue all you want (looking at you JW :P )

brAnthelAstgreenseer - Loras Tyrell

Jaime's Wench - Stannis :lol: Obara Sand (or Arianne, still not sure)

myself - anyone but Dany, please. :P

Rose Rivers - Ygritte

Top12Gun - Oberyn Martell

eddard of the house stark - I'm still getting the King Bob vibe, but I'm going to change to King Robb for what you said about yourself.

Obara is the ugly one, right? That could be a possibility...

If I chose her for the looks then Arianne wouldn't be the second option. :bang:

I reread the chapter where she came to Doran in the beginning of Feast and demanded vegeance for her father and she reminded me of you.

If I chose her for the looks then Arianne wouldn't be the second option. :bang:

I reread the chapter where she came to Doran in the beginning of Feast and demanded vegeance for her father and she reminded me of you.

Arianne? I am demanding, but seldom vengeful.

I look most like Cersei, to be fair. Long, golden hair, could be a bit slimmer but not 'fat'. Beautiful at first glance, look a bit harder and you see that its mostly a mask. That's why the WoS is one of my favourite scenes - her realising her own physical imperfections!

Juli, I need to mark another half class set of books then I will re-analyse your test, as I was very torn when I first looked at it.

Anyone who disappears during his/her sorting round should be named the Late Lord Frey or some other dubious honor, with a mention of who they "really" were in case half the people end up on that list . The idea of this one is to be interactive and let people ask the person follow-up questions, right?

brAnthelAstgreenseer - I REALLY wanted to go with Penny, but since I can't... Tommen.

Jaime's Wench - Cersei, obviously.

Julifay Greyiron - Asha Greyjoy.

Rose Rivers - I really would have gone Sansa here, but given what I'm limited to, I'll say Dany, for some apparent naivete (nothing personal.)

eddard of the house stark - Seems very Manceish to me...

Maybe Oberyn? Some additional info would surely help.

Certainly. In what area?? Bio, I'm reticent about giving, but I'll answer specific questions.

I am fine with Robb. Although I would like to see "eddard of the house stark: Sorted as Eddard Stark." I think I am more like Robb, in the sense that Robb takes duty a bit less seriously than Ned (Jeyne). Unless you believe that Jon is really Ned's bastard <_<

And about the penguin. That was one of St. Arya's questions, I didn't choose it (I just didn't want to write a paragraph about myself and she PM me some questions). And yes if I was offered a penguin to eat I would do so, out of courtesy. I wouldn't kill one, and then eat it.

Julifay: Not Dany? You even like to walk barefoot, like her. If not Dany, then Arya

BrAnthelAstgreenseer: Perhaps Garlan or Edmure, but still not sure. Do you have any siblings? If yes then how's your relationship with them <-question to help me decide

Jaime's Wench: Nymeria Sand (unless I confuse her with some of the other Sand Snakes)

Rose Rivers: Sticking with Arianne

Top12Gun: I'm considering Robert.

Tywin would not answer as I did. He would rather be feared.

Ok, Julifay, my deeper analysis of you....

Here it is. It hope it's enough, otherwise let me know and I'll add something. Starts with an apology. Suggests not very confident in herself. :)For a start, just let me throw some random facts at you:I love reading, obviously. I love learning languages, I love the sea and the woods, I like cold weather, favorite seasons are winter and spring, I love travelling, I like cute and fluffy things, I hate dumb people, I hate McDonald's food, I love food with molten cheese, (you've just contradicted yourself) I suck at sports that involve a ball, I like wearing boots, I can get annoyed very fast, I love the Greyjoys as much as JW loves Jaime I doubt that, I'm interested in Vikings and other ancient cultures, I love walking barefoot, I can't sing, I procrastinate way too often, I can get pretty obsessed with something, I'm lazy, I like cats, I hate insects, I'm honest to people, I'm selfish, I'm spontaneous, I'm chaotic and pessimistic, I always do my own thing, I am impatient, I am reliable and I like to think that I'm intelligent. Ok, here you really have just thrown everything and the kitchen sink at me. This is a Level 4 answer, if I was grading it (equivalent to a D grade). If you made fewer points but explained them it would help me out more. From this, I get the impression you're quite scatty, impulsive and quick to complete things. The only one to spring to mind with these qualities is Danaerys, sorry. I love ASOIAF for the details, the stories within stories, the prophecies that come true in one way or another. I love the diverse, realistic characters, and that it's all about perspective. The character I most relate to (although not 100%) is probably Rodrik Harlaw because, well, he's Ironborn and loves to read. I like this answer - suggests you look for layers in things. So I am un-Danaerysing you and saying this is quite Sansa-ish. :DSo, what else? My favorite band is

at the moment for the epic feeling you get when listening to it, also the beautiful, mostly viking related lyrics. Favorite movies are The Road and Cloud Atlas. In my freetime I like to read, paint, write, go swimming (only in summer) and such. Again, a diverse amount of interests. You do seem rather cultured, with a range of things under your belt. This is a plus side of Danaerys but could also be Asha.

If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal?Behead them for treason or just drown them in a cask of seawater to keep my precious floor clean.Rid yourself of one rebel and somewhere spawns another, so I guess I'd find out what they want first. If it's not too much I'd probably give it to them, if they're too vain though they shall regret messing with me. Ned Stark Which character do you most want to fuck?Euron. Must be the appeal of dangerous men. Gah - I am Danaerysing you on this one. It's what she'd say about Daario. :D is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?Benjamin Linus from Lost. I love the way he plays his mindgames with everyone, he's basically the Littlefinger of the island, just without creepy affections for younger girls. What is your favorite memory from childhood?All the Christmases when all of my grandparents were still alive, I think this is relatively self-explanatory. Just like Danaerys dreams of being back in the house with the Red Door. Take your pick: lake, river or ocean?All of them have their appeals, but I pick the wide, beautiful ocean. Shows you have high expectations and a thirst for adventure. Again, could be Asha or....

I am sorry, Juli, but I would say Danaerys for you now on a deeper read. There does seem to be quite a lot of her good personality points in what you have said.

I am sorry, Juli, but I would say Danaerys for you now on a deeper read. There does seem to be quite a lot of her good personality points in what you have said.

That's what I'm saying.

Julifay analysis:

...they shall regret messing with me.
I'm the blood of the dragon.... etc.

And how would you deal with rebels reminds me of Dany's way of ruling.

Dangerous men, <--> Daario

You would not go with someone like Quentyn.... like Dany rejected him.

Childhood memories: Dany and Arya.

"I hate dumb people": Sounds like something Arya would say

Cute and fluffy things: Defintely not Arya. That's Sansa

The taste for adventure that JW mentioned seems Arya-ish to me, but it could be applied to Dany

For all the above I chose Dany. But if you don't want, then second choice is Arya

JW review on Juli tells me one thing. Stick with the Sand Snake

brAnthelAstgreenseer

Loras Tyrell

Jaime's Wench

Of those suggested by others, I would say I was a female version of Jaime. And in Jaime's own words: "If I was a woman, I would be Cersei"

Julifay Greyiron

Daenerys Targaryen (sorry)

Rose Rivers

Ygritte or Edmure Tully... willing to be convinced for this one.

Top12Gun

Tyrion Lannister

eddard of the house stark

Theon Greyjoy (changing, sorry. If I am ignoring that Juli doesn't want to be Danaerys, I have to ignore that you don't want to be Ironborn).

JW review on Juli tells me one thing. Stick with the Sand Snake

I'm curious to know how my review of Juli makes me a Sand Snake?

Archived