Round Two

DaniSnowborn

Silver Spearwife

KingEuronGreyjoy

The BlackBear

Daenerys is my Queen

Saint Arya

Lady Kraken

Please wait till I've posted all seven entries. After they've been posted, feel free to comment, ask more questions and debate each one till its decided who that poster is most similar to in ASoIaF. Any character is available! If you are in group two, you must give your opinion on your other group members. If you haven't entered or are waiting for your round, don't worry! Please jump in and offer your opinion too, the more the merrier :D

The next round will begin after all are sorted in this round, right now I have enough for three rounds :)

KC and Shadow are official guest judges :ninja:

(Order for rounds is determined by date and time I received PM)

DaniSnowborn

Why do you love the sea?

I love the feeling of freedom you get when you stare out to the open sea. You can feel its strength and its vastness. It constantly changes, yet it always remains the same. I love its salty smell, the sandy beaches, the rocky shores, the sound of the waves. It gives me a peaceful feeling, even when it's stormy.

Favorite meal?

Most Italian food :D

Hobbies?

I love reading, I can spend hours reading a book I love and not notice anything around me. I love drawing, though I'm better at copying from a picture, I haven't been able to create something by myself completely. I also enjoy nail art, I'm patient most of the time so I don't mind spending three hours painting and waiting for the nail polish to dry completely. I also like cooking, especially for the people I love.

If you had a 10 million dollars and you couldn't keep it, who would you give it to?

If I had 10 million dollars and I couldn't keep them, I'd give them to the people who are closer to me, whatever they decide to do with it will be alright.Prefer lions or tigers?I prefer lions. I admire their majesty and pride, the presence they have, their roar. I associate them with courage and freedom. Besides, the lion is the animal my favorite football team identifies with.

What are your views on marriage?

I'd like to get married at some point in the future. Sharing your life with a person you choose must be great, if it works, of course. :lol: Commitment doesn't scare me, and I'm very tolerant towards the people I love. I believe everything can be discussed and fixed somehow if both parts trust each other. I don't have an idealistic view on marriage, rather a practical one. A good communication, mutual respect, a decent amount of attraction and the knowledge that the other person will do their part are as important as love, if not more. Anyway, I haven't found anyone who meets my requirements. :P I don't think I'm particularly complicated or strange, nor do I think I ask for too much, but I haven't had good experiences in my relationships so far.I should add that I'm usually nice, but I've taken on not being that nice all the time to everyone anymore. It's not worth it. I used to take into consideration what other people wanted more than what I wanted, and I used to be very patient and tolerant to everyone. That has also changed. I trust a lot in my abilities, but not in the abilities of others. Most of the time, I tend to think that I can do it better, which sometimes is true, and sometimes is not, :lol: but I feel better relying on myself than on others. I hate asking for help in important matters. I can live far away from the people I love without much trouble, I don't like depending on others. My friends usually complain that I don't talk to them very often, and my mother complains I'm too cold, I love them... from a distance. I'm not close to my family, for the most part, but I wish them well.

As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?

I'd rather be loved, definitely. I'd much prefer to inspire loyalty thanks to who I am and the things I do for people, like Daenerys, than controlling everyone by being particularly cruel, like the Boltons.

If you had the choice between leading from the front or leading from the rear, which would you choose in all honesty?

Leading from the front, providing I have the skills of course. I like taking the most difficult tasks for myself in matters that might turn out in my benefit. If I lead from the rear I'd feel I'm not doing enough, and I would probably not enjoy the victory as much. Besides, if your leader is fighting in the thick of the battle with you, you would probably be inspired to fight harder. The adrenaline of risking your life for something you want to achieve/ something you believe in is a plus.

You were granted three wishes, what do you wish for?

I'd wish to be able to find something worth to fight for (not in an utopical way, I mean lacking a goal is quite depressing), good health for me and my loved ones and being able to see every place in the Universe.

Silver Spearwife

How do you react to stressful situations which require you to make decisions quickly? Terribly. I'll make the wrong decision, guaranteed. I need to have time to think shit over.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Telekinesis. The lazy person's superpower.

Which of the seven deadly sins can be applied to you, and why?

Let's see. I already mentioned sloth. I have no restraint, so gluttony. Pride, too. I can be wrathful at times, but less than the other sins. Not really lustful or greedy. Envious? Eh, aren't we all? There's also an eighth one that got chopped out a few millenia ago, self-pity, and I'm pretty guilty of that one.

Okay, so, short paragraph time... I'm not really sure what to say. I've had a fairly good life, although I'm really reclusive. I'm a big nerd, like most here. I shy away from talking about the big stuff. I only have a few friends, but we've been friends for many years now. I don't have a lot of patience with stupidity. I'm pretty good at artsy stuff despite being mathematically-minded. I like travel but don't do it a lot. I'm really, really, really tight with my money. I like to be liked, but I'm generally cold and distant with strangers, so it's a bit of a conundrum. My favorite geographic area in ASOIAF is the Wall and anything north of it. Wildlings, Children, wargs, black brothers, Others, whatever. If it's part of that wonderful wintry hell, I'll like it. My favorite character is either Jon or Theon. I like Jon, but as a character I find Theon exciting and intriguing.

KingEuronGreyjoy

Would you rather be Napoleon or Julius Cesear?

Julius Caesar, because I prefer the Roman Empire/Republic to the French Empire, and he had control of a relatively uneducated populace, without much of a middle class, whereas Napoleon had to deal with an educated middle class that wanted more rights. I would have more power as Julius Caesar. Also, it would be fun to watch things get killed in the Roman Colosseum.Do you have road rage?

I don't have a license.

Coke or Mountain Dew?

Coke, because I think it tastes much better (but Pepsi is better than Coke).

Dream car?

A Lamborghini, because they are very nice cars. (I know very little about cars)

Favorite element on the periodic table?Francium, because it is an incredibly reactive and unstable element.

Blunt or edge weapon?

It depends. If I am fighting someone armoured, I would choose a blunt weapon, because that is the easiest way to kill someone armoured, but for any other circumstance I would use an edged weapon.

What are your feelings on communism?

I don't like communism. I don't think people who are stupid, and/or unwilling to work should be given anything. The weak die and the strong survive and thrive.

It's about time I sent my 3 questions. :lol:

If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal?

I

would have the leader of the rebellion (the head of the House) flayed in front of the family, then burnt alive, and I would force the remaining members of his House to eat his corpse, and I would execute the remaining members of his House, and nail their heads on spikes (this would send a message to all of my potential enemies). I would then split up all of that vassal's lands and divide them among vassals that stayed loyal (giving a reward for loyalty, and a demonstration of the punishment for treason). If any other House helped, I would execute the head of their House and take away some lands and split those lands up among loyal vassals (though if the lords was just following their liege, then I would just allow them to bend the knee).

You were granted three wishes, what do you wish for?

1. Immortality2. Resistance to all negative mental and physical effects (I can't injured, don't age to the point where my body and mind starts weakening (past my prime), etc.)3. The ability to manipulate all matter in any way

If you had the choice between leading from the front or leading from the rear, which would you choose in all honesty?

I would lead from the rear, because it is safer and you can get a better view of the battlefield and you would know where to commit forces if they are needed.

The BlackBear

Which Hogwarts House are you?

On pottermore (don't judge me) I was sorted into Ravenclaw, I'm fine with this. I'd say I'm a Gryffindor, I think I'm brave, I think I have good principles, but not smart enough to be a Ravenclaw (I'd prefer to be a Ravenclaw though.)

Which member of your family are you closest to?

My mother. I talk to my mum about once a month on the phone, which apparently isn't much (my girlfriend phones her mum once a week at least, and talks for a good hour), but it's quite a lot to me. And I value my family above anything else, them and my girlfriend (fiancée; such a wanky word) are the only things I think I'd ever purposefully kill over. (Wow that went on)

Which of the seven deadly sins can be applied to you, and why?

Envy. You have no idea, I get into rages at people I think are better than me at something. Which sort of leads into Wrath. I can get really, really angry sometimes, I tend to just swallow it, but I occasionally snap and I'm really not fun to be around when I do. I get angry when I think I'm not doing as well at something as I should.The thing I like the forum is the ability to share stuff like this, and not have to worry about actually meeting any of you in real life. If worst comes to worst I can just create a new profile, and not have to worry about it.

Right paragraph. I'm 20, I'm currently at university. I think I'm quite a shy insular guy in general (real life.) I keep rewriting this because talking about myself seems all kinds of vain. Not particularly good in social situations. I like time by myself, prefer listening to people than talking. I'm pretty intelligent, but have very little common sense. And struggle to apply said intelligence, it prefers to go where it will, I will devour all kinds of information except the kind I'm meant to. As was recently pointed out by Shadow, I'm probably more self-depreciating than I really should be. I like keeping in shape, being fat is really something I don't want, I had a dream I had a double chin and it terrified me. And I ramble and have no idea if I included what I meant to, or have said too much about myself, but I left it too late so this'll have to do. (Right well I did have time to edit it, but figured it actually gives an insight, I'm quite forgetful and put things off till the last minute (it's midnight where I am, two hours before the deadline despite the fact I knew about it from day one))

Daenerys is my Queen

Which Hogwarts House are you?

I consider myself a Ravenpuff. I love to learn but I'm also very loyal and although I'm a total procrastinator and prefer to spend my time relaxing, I can also be hardworking when I need to be.

As a leader would you rather be loved or feared?

Loved. If people fear me they won't like me and I want people to like me. Also, people who fear you would be more likely to rebel if they joined together whereas if the people loved you they wouldn't want to rebel.

You were granted 3 wishes, what do you wish for?

Better social skills for me, health and happiness for everyone I care about, and world peace for others.

Hello everyone. I'm not good at describing myself but I'll try. I am a pretty caring person- most of the time. If I get mad at someone I usually just give them the silent treatment and that usually doesn't last long. I'm very loyal to people I care about-even if they're only fictional. :lol: I tend to be sarcastic either because I think it's funny or when I completely disagree with someone. I'm a very emotional person and my emotions tend to be pretty...intense. I'm a hopeless romantic and definitely have an idealistic side. I want to make a difference in the world, for the better, but I doubt I will. I'm not awesome enough. I love to read, write (even though I think I suck at it) and watch TV. My dreams are to become a high school English teacher, an author, and to travel the world. As you may or may not have noticed, I have kinda sucky self-esteem. I also am very shy and not too good at talking to people offline. (:angry: Stupid social anxiety. But I'm working on it.) Because of this, I don't have that many friends but the ones I do have I love to death. I'm also very close with my family. I love ASOIAF because I just love fantasy. In fantasy, you can go on adventures that would never happen in real life and meet wonderful characters along the way. I relate to many ASOIAF characters but I'll just list the ones that I think I relate to the most. Arya is one. I relate to her because we both feel like outcasts sometimes and both tend to be nonconformists. (Although I tend to be a nonconformist in a more subtle Sansa-like way than an Arya- like way.) Sansa is another. Besides what I mentioned before, Sansa and I are both hopeless romantics and idealists. Dany is another. She and I can both be stubborn and emotional. And I understand all of her decisions. Even if I wouldn't make them myself, I understand why she made them. I also think she's quite idealistic as well and wants to change the world. Luckily for her, she actually has the power to do so. And finally, Catelyn. I relate to her because of her loyalty and her close relationship/commitment/ willingness to do anything for her family.That's it. I hope that helped. :)

Saint Arya

My name is Skye. I think it's fair to say my name has shaped who I am at least a little bit. And no I'm not a stripper :leer: But I do think I was encouraged to be unique because of my name, and I became more confident from it as well.

So.... A little bit of who I am.. I am a picky eater but I love to cook. I am a cynic who tries to be optimistic. I'm really flirty. I speak honestly and bluntly, and it's cost me friends. I'm excellent at arguing but I hate arguing for the sake of it. I'm not very tactful. I'm not a good singer but I still love to do it and pick up lyrics quickly. I'm very changeable, I can be screaming angry then completely forgive and forget the next moment. I have perfect vision, and I'm vain about it. I am always moving or doing something, I multi-task all the time just to keep my mind occupied. I'm organized. I push myself hard to be the best. I'm competitive but am a poor sport when losing although I'm a gracious winner (I'm used to winning) I'm happiest in the woods. I suck at writing poetry. I don't eat condiments. I can fish and track animals and identify most types of pine. I hate stopping at 'STOP' signs and wearing my seatbelt while reversing. I don't mind authority or 'big' government or having my privacy invaded, it really doesn't bother me. I love being in charge and leading (in everything but relationships, then I like my guy to be the boss ;) ) I hate light pollution with a passion. I love reading, books are my escape from my own head. I'm comfortable being naked and am not very modest. I have a lot of nicknames. I don't care about the majority of other people's opinions, and I don't let what they might think of me affect my own sense of self worth. My favorite animal is a cat and my favorite color is grey. I have a sweet tooth so big it takes up my entire mouth. I'm a Gemini. People say I'm nice, but I don't think I'm that nice actually. I'm scared of a ton of things but I know I am brave when it's needed.

I like to think things through completely. I'm talkative. I'm impatient. I'm not very materialistic, I'd rather have experiences than things. And I'm long winded as you can see ;)

What is your favorite memory from childhood?

I don't have one, its more of a series of memories regarding a place. Every summer we'd spend almost everyday, all day in the creek. (I used to pronounce it 'crick' :lol: ) My friends and I would swim, jump off the bridge, catch fish, mussels, periwinkles and crawdads, go floating down on inner tubes for miles then walk all the way back, build dams to make the swimming hole deeper, ride our bikes off a ramp into the water, try panning for gold or finding pretty rocks, sun bathe and have an amazing time every day. I remember my friend Kyle singing "who has brass balls? Skye has brass balls" when I'd go into the really cold water. Or the time I cut my leg pretending to be an otter, I still have a pale horse shoe shaped scar on my leg. Or when we went swimming after a big storm, and came out with leeches all over us and my brother had one on his sack! Or when I saw a moose calf upstream, and then the mom came trotting after me, I ran off screaming and they thought I was messing with them till she came down the trail and we all ran a mile flat out. :lol: Those are my favorites :D

What is your go to activity when you want to have a good time?

Have sex :leer: it's a good time, all the time :lol: Or I would grab a vanilla chai and go walk by the lake. Or have a coke with some sunflower seeds. It really doesn't take much to make me happy.

As a leader, would you rather be feared or loved?

Loved. I've been in situations where I've tried both approaches as I helped troubleshoot floundering stores when I worked retail. I've come in with an iron fist, and scared the hell out of everyone on staff (people find me intimidating and I don't really understand why..) and gotten great results, but the moment you're not there hovering over them with your scariness, they backslide. Or say you are still hovering, they eventually stop fearing the threat, regardless of what it is, time will soften it. Whereas if they love you, they want to please you and will do anything for you. And that will grow over time. The trick is to be respectful, but fun with boundaries, give clear direction, encouragement, consequences and follow up and make sure you're working harder than anyone else. Then they'll love and respect you.

Lady Kraken

Intro Paragraph:

Well, hello! I’m an independent person and don't like having to rely on other people. I've done well for myself academically and professionally, but my personal life sometimes struggles because of it. I really couldn't care less about money; I give a lot of what I don’t need to charity or causes I support. I work in politics, which has made me calm under pressure, respectful of most opinions that differ from my own, a top-notch bullshitter, and a pretty fierce debater. I'm competitive, perceptive, a bit introverted, open-minded, sarcastic, loyal to those I love, and cautious. I hate violence and seldom agree with resorting to it. I'm an anxious person and when things go wrong, I usually assume the worst. I'm a forgiving person and will let most things go pretty quickly, unless you hurt my family. I love puppies, Monet paintings, rainy weather, and lilies. My favorite activities are reading, writing, traveling, yoga, dancing, and hiking. I'm an insomniac and can't ever seem to make my brain just shut off--I haven't had a full night's sleep in I don't know even know how long. I studied English Literature and Political Theory in college. I like ASOIAF and series like it because it’s nice to escape reality sometimes. The characters I relate to/care about the most are Theon, Sansa, Sam, Arya and Brienne, though Petyr Baelish is probably my favorite overall. I love the screw-ups and the underdogs.

Three Questions:

1. Who is your favorite character and why?
    When I was a kid, I had to answer this question for an English essay. I chose Gollum, and my teacher told me I was creepy. While I still love Gollum, I now find myself torn between Scarlett O’Hara, Amory Blaine, and Severus Snape. I’ll go with Snape. I don't think he's the most well written of the bunch, and I have a lot of issues with the way HP was written now, but I can’t remember ever defending a character so passionately (except maybe Sansa on this forum) as I did him from the third book on. I loved everything about him—the bitterness, the pettiness, the mystery, the deadpan humor, the intelligence, the tortured past, the secret quest for redemption, and especially the tragic love story (I may or may not have "Always." tattooed on my foot). The chapter where Harry watches Snape’s memories in the pensieve makes me cry like a baby. For TV/movies, I love Lady Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey.

2. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
    Definitely teleportation. My family and career are extremely important to me, but sometimes I really just want to take off and travel the world. I get restless staying in one place too long. I’ve been a lot of places, but a lack of time and money keeps me from seeing more.

3. Which of the Seven Deadly Sins can be applied to you and why?
    I would say I’m the guiltiest of envy. I like to be the best, and I get frustrated when other people outshine me. For pride, often I can be too proud to admit when I’m wrong or to just do what I'm told. If someone orders me to do something, my first instinct tends to be to do the opposite. Wrath and sloth are tricky. It’s difficult to make me angry, but if someone actually manages to upset me, it’s not pretty. And for sloth, generally I'm a very hard worker, but there are certainly times when all I want to do is sit around the house in my pajamas drinking wine and reading books.

Feel free to ask me any additional questions!

KEG is definitely Ramsay Bolton. Every other character, starting with Hot Pie, understands better the reasons why not to be so inhumane - there is nothing more dangerous for a ruler than desperate people allied against him, and that's what you cultivate by convincing them they're dealing with a madman. Better to crush them brutally but quickly and make a large gift of their lands - use a large carrot, and no reason to brandish a howitzer when all that is needed is a stick.

ETA: Add to that his cowardice in leading from the rear... Ramsay all the way.

DaniSnowborn

Things I take from Thnowborn's info and knowing her:

-Practical

-Realist

-Takes charge

-Brave

-Lives in a bubble :P

-Focused

-Creative

-Tolerant

<3 this girl!!

I'm going to say Mya Stone

Mya also is a realist who is self-reliant. Her seas are the mountains. She's who I thought of immediately reading your test. I know she's not Ironborn :( but I think it's a good fit.

Silver Spearwife

What I took from Silver's test:

-doesn't respond well under pressure

-likes to relax and take it easy

-lack of will power

-thinks too little of herself

-reclusive

-likes structure

-frugal

I'm going with Samwell Tarly

Sam fits the bill on all of it. He thinks little of himself even though he's awesome. Loves Jon :P He's kind of reclusive too and can get lost in his own world and is socially awkward. I love Sam :D

King Euron Greyjoy, I'd Tywin you, but Tywin knows best than displaying unnecessary cruelty to impose fear. Yes he got Tysha raped, but that was more a personal matter where his emotions were involved. You propose this extreme scenarios with a cold and predetermined mind, it inspires fear too, yes, but also more rebellious movements. I think you'd end up like Maegor I, dead i your throne. Although your choice of leading from the rear shows intelligence I was going to Ramsay Snow you, but after a thorough analysis I'm confident you are Vargo Hoat.

DaniSnowborn, you're logical, patient, brave, realistic. At first I would have Doran'd you :P But I don't get any vibe that you hold long grudges. I'll go with Rodrik Harlaw a.k.a. The Reader :D

Silver Spearwife, Smart, lazy, proud, hot tempered at times, You'd like to see the world but rarely do, I'll Ygritte you if it weren't for the laziness and the lack of lust :leer: I think Samwell Tarly fits :P

The BlackBear

What I took from the BlackBear's test:

-brave

-nice person

-modest

-bad temper

-unfocused

-vain about appearance

-socially awkward sometimes

-lazy sometimes

-likes having a lack of accountability

I'm drawing a blank..maybe some more information would help.

What is your main goal right now?

Favorite type of movie?

Hobbies?

What makes you lose your temper?

Who do you relate to the most personally, any character from anything?

Looking over it again, I'm leaning towards Gendry..

Archived