Walking Dead finale collides with GoT premiere! How much will affect the ratings?

AdrianAegon

HBO seems to think that Broadcast showings are only part of there audience and On Demand viewings are a strong service for them. seems to me a lot of thrones fans may either watch TWD late showing at 11 or tune into HBO GO or for there thrones fix.

White Walkers are not zombies.

And WHAT you didn't enjoy the first episode?

The first 4 episodes of TWD ever, are TWD for me. Everything after that is a disappointing crappy train wreck of a show. So even S1 isn't quite perfect but hey, I'd rewatch it. Don't bother me on S2 or 3 though :P. I still might consider giving the 2nd half of S3 a chance, as well as possibly a S4. There aren't any other zombie shows I guess...

Read it wrong. I meant that the walking dead is known for their good Make-up with the zombies. But in GOT the white walkers (no they aren't zombies, that are the wights) aren't made up from CGI but are made with real make-up. Only things like mouth and eyes were done with CGI.

HBO seems to think that Broadcast showings are only part of there audience and On Demand viewings are a strong service for them. seems to me a lot of thrones fans may either watch TWD late showing at 11 or tune into HBO GO or for there thrones fix.

and don't forget that HBO as a cable show things different as a broadcast network show. On a broadcast network show they need to get money from commercials. There are some specific rules how much a network get with how many viewers, because how more viewers how more the network can get out of the company's. so if there are too few viewers watching the show when it airs they get a lot of less money.

with cable tv it's different. They get money because people pay too watch the network. And people want to watch the network if there are good programs on the network. So they don't look at how many people watch the show directly when it airs, but how many people watch the show through their network, like HBO on demand. so we don't have too worry if people watch GOT a day later.

Archived