50 Shades of Greyjoy: Alfie Allen Interview (new)

J. Stargaryen

I didn't see this posted yet, so here you go: http://tv.graffitiwi...y/#.UMnErrapZq0

One interesting bit is that Alfie has apparently picked up the art of clever foreshadowing from George:

Of course with any mainstream success the question is always “What’s next?” and the anticipation for season three is building like soda in a freshly shaken bottle. After the strength of season two and getting past what Alfie worried would be “second album syndrome”, the third trip into Westeros even has him giddy.

“I’m on a knife’s edge. I’m waiting to see . . . it’s pretty tortuous.”

:lol: Well done, Alfie.

I have to say I thought this end bit was extremely tacky:

It all makes sense a few hours later when I bump into him backstage at Supanova and he casually asks: “What are you doing later?” The answer to that question was about as smooth as dancing on butter (that is to say, not very). I begin rambling about how I have tickets to the opening night of Cabin In The Woods, which is something I have been waiting months for, and has he seen it? It’s written and produced by Joss Whedon who’s great, don’t you think? So, yes. I turned down a date with Alfie Allen for a movie date with Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard. I guess I’ll have to wait until season three of Games Of Thrones to get another glimpse of Theon Greyjoy, like everyone else.

Still a decent read though.

We've not met Ramsay yet, and its' strongly hinted that we won't know at once who he is (Iwan Rheon cast as "boy") or what kind of man he is. A few episodes will be built around this revelation. So first Ramsay's head-messing games... Then there's Theon attempted escape (with the help of the girl Kyra - will the show keep her character?) and Ramsay's man- and girl-hunting hobby... Then onto the torture... with a little more head-messing (Reek) Enough fodder for a season IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I put my response in spoiler quotes on edit. Nice function.

Why would they not show Theon's psychological destruction during season 3?

Have him escape w/ Kyra before gettin recaptured and her rape/dog dinner. This will have Ramsay's brutality established as just some insane psychopath before being revealed later in the season as Roose's bastard around the time of the RW.

I'm sure we will see some Greyjoy flaying this year. We might even get the castrated/not castrated question answered via the show.....

Based on the fact that Iwan Rheon has been cast simply as "boy", I think there is a strong chance that they aren't going to be as overt with where Theon is exactly and who his captor is. It's very likely that Ramsay will pose as a fellow prisoner (either to try and extract info about Bran/Rickon's fates out of Theon or just to play mindgames with him). I could also see him orchestrating the "escape" with Theon and only then revealing himself as Ramsay and Theon's real captor. I think this will be done in order to shield the non-book audience from the fact that Ramsay was the one who sacked Winterfell because once that is revealed, it will immediately implicate Roose who was the one who sent his bastard to retake Winterfell in the first place. This is the only thing that makes all the ambiguity of the S2 finale in Winterfell fall into place. The producers are not only shielding Theon from knowing the truth about Ramsay, they're shielding the non-book audience as well. Theon (and the audience) will probably be given an explanation about the fate of Winterfell that initially doesn't implicate Ramsay and the Northmen from his capture and the sack.

I would guess that the twin reveals of the "boy" as Ramsay and Roose as Robb's betrayer at the RW will be made very close together.

Based on the fact that Iwan Rheon has been cast simply as "boy", I think there is a strong chance that they aren't going to be as overt with where Theon is exactly and who his captor is. It's very likely that Ramsay will pose as a fellow prisoner (either to try and extract info about Bran/Rickon's fates out of Theon or just to play mindgames with him). I could also see him orchestrating the "escape" with Theon and only then revealing himself as Ramsay and Theon's real captor. I think this will be done in order to shield the non-book audience from the fact that Ramsay was the one who sacked Winterfell because once that is revealed, it will immediately implicate Roose who was the one who sent his bastard to retake Winterfell in the first place. This is the only thing that makes all the ambiguity of the S2 finale in Winterfell fall into place. The producers are not only shielding Theon from knowing the truth about Ramsay, they're shielding the non-book audience as well. Theon (and the audience) will probably be given an explanation about the fate of Winterfell that initially doesn't implicate Ramsay and the Northmen from his capture and the sack.

I would guess that the twin reveals of the "boy" as Ramsay and Roose as Robb's betrayer at the RW will be made very close together.

I couldn't agree more.

Doubtful that they push any of Theon's ADwD stuff into S3, that affects Ramsay's timeline too much. More likely that they're going to show many of things Theon recalled in passing in ADwD (being imprisoned, his torture, his "escape" etc).

It's really a shame if they do. it was awesome reading the books and thinking that Theon was dead or just completely gone, that we'd never see him again. And then all of a sudden have that shocking chapter of a tortured, broken man with lost fingers and grey hair.. just to find out that it was Theon Greyjoy. That was awesome. It'd be a shame if the series didn't do the same..

Seriously, Rheon and Allens interplay in the next season might be the overall arc I'm looking forward to the most. Ramsey going from scared and submissive prisoner to being himself will be absolutely brilliant, if that's what they're doing.

Seriously, Rheon and Allens interplay in the next season might be the overall arc I'm looking forward to the most. Ramsey going from scared and submissive prisoner to being himself will be absolutely brilliant, if that's what they're doing.

I thought Alfie Allen was arguably the standout performer of season two. I have high hopes for him in season three.

Yeah, it's one of the things I'm anticipating the most next season. I hope they don't change the name "Reek" for something else.

Archived