Confessions....say what?! v.12

UnbentFury

I was unable to really participate in the last one so here we go again!

Like Florina, my male-to-female-favorite ratio always seems to favor the male. In fact, I almost always hate the female character. They just annoy me. The only ones I can remember absolutely loving were Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, Kallen Kozuki from Code Geass, Daenarys for a brief time, and Arya.

I also feel like one reason I dislike Cersei so much(not the main, mind you) is because she's not even a competent villian. I have standards for my bad guys ok? When you're going to be this evil mastermind, you be that mastermind. If you're going to be batshit chaos evil(ie Ramsay) you be crazy. I don't have time for the bullshit okay. Cersei. Girl. You are not working any of this. I don't like Jadis because she kind of wiped out an entire civilization over a fundamentally petty reason, but at least she did the damn thing for a hundred or so years in Narnia.

Cersei--get your shit together girl.

Speaking of which, I feel like the High Sparrow was pulling a Al Capone, re: taxes with the Walk of Shame.

I really want to sit Jorah down, look him in the eyes, and tell him:

"Sweetie. You really need to get over Lynesse. I know she hurt you. I know that was tough. It was wrong, and it was embarrassing and I know it hurts. But you have to move on. Dany says you're not attractive, but I wouldn't trust her judgement as of late since the whole Daario thing. They say blue beards and gold teeth are in but you've got that classic bear look. Anyway, the point is, you can't just sit pining after a girl who does not want you honey. She's moved on. It's time for you to do it too. Try a brunette or a redhead or something. Kay? K."

The torture of the Blue Bard was one of the most upsetting things I've ever read and made me really hate Cersei.(more)

I want to sit Jorah down and smack him over the head with a 2x4. I hate the Nice Guy act. SO GODDAMN MUCH!

I confess that i think the reason Cersei was somewhat incompetent as a villain was GRRM mapping out a villain protagonist. Notice how those kinds of characters are often a bit bumbling? ;) Or how something happens to them that makes them into a woobie of some sort? There is such a trope as Woobie Destroyer of Worlds. Read about it here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds

Its more about villains who get woobiefied even though they are all wanting to destroy everything. Or Villain woobie. Cersei could be actually heading this direction depending on what happens in the next book.

(for some, her Walk was a woobie moment)

When people say Sam has to "man up." I see red. Dude may be a butterball, but he fucken slew an Other. How many characters have done that so far? Oh yeah, none. Not to mention he helped Bran, braved the sea, cared for Gilly the best way he knew how (and wants to give her a good life, even thinking about claiming her babe as his bastard in order to protect her), and made sure Maester Aemon got the respect he deserved when he died. This butterball is a good enough man, thank you very much. :tantrum:

When people say Sam has to "man up." I see red. Dude may be a butterball, but he fucken slew an Other. How many characters have done that so far? Oh yeah, none. Not to mention he helped Bran, braved the sea, cared for Gilly the best way he knew how (and wants to give her a good life, even thinking about claiming her babe as his bastard in order to protect her), and made sure Maester Aemon got the respect he deserved when he died. This butterball is a good enough man, thank you very much. :tantrum:

Dude, so agreed. And I hate the phrase "Man up" for several reasons.

I love Sam. :crying:

i confess i am SO HAPPY to see this thread because the last one got locked before i had the chance to suggest peppermint chocolate with oreo cookie crumbs in the dough (i'm sorry, i just had to put it out there) to Kittykatnits. heh. :drunk:

I don't like Jadis because she kind of wiped out an entire civilization over a fundamentally petty reason, but at least she did the damn thing for a hundred or so years in Narnia.

i :agree: in the same vein, i want Tyrion to go balls out crazy in his revenge with none of this "where do whores go" crap anymore. i want him to go armaggedon on those in his hit list. and then when all is done, maybe raise some sheep and cow in some farmland and be a now-and-then sage adviser to whoever sits the iron thone (if there is an iron throne after) and says to whoever invites him back to the council, "i am done with the game." and at night he would go walking out to the pasture to some rock outcrop and into a cave, where two glowing eyes stare at him in the dark, and he says, "i'm glad to see you again, old friend."

I want to sit Jorah down and smack him over the head with a 2x4. I hate the Nice Guy act. SO GODDAMN MUCH!

I confess that i think the reason Cersei was somewhat incompetent as a villain was GRRM mapping out a villain protagonist. Notice how those kinds of characters are often a bit bumbling? ;) Or how something happens to them that makes them into a woobie of some sort? There is such a trope as Woobie Destroyer of Worlds. Read about it here:

http://tvtropes.org/...stroyerOfWorlds

Its more about villains who get woobiefied even though they are all wanting to destroy everything. Or Villain woobie. Cersei could be actually heading this direction depending on what happens in the next book.

(for some, her Walk was a woobie moment)

I confess I don't know what this 'Nice Guy' thing is.

I also confess that I cannot get a link for tvtropes without being lost for hours on that site. That being said I hate when people constantly woobify Loki. Yes, he was feeling unloved. THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE CAN PLAN THE DESTRUCTION OF EARTH OR THAT WAS JUSTIFIABLE. I love Loki when he's being a manipulative bastard because I love clever baddies, but Denethor. DENETHOR WAS MUCH WORSE THAN ODIN.

Don't get me started on people disregarding all the stuff Sam did. The phrase 'Butterball' has me seeing red after that worst parents thread.

i confess i am SO HAPPY to see this thread because the last one got locked before i had the chance to suggest peppermint chocolate with oreo cookie crumbs in the dough (i'm sorry, i just had to put it out there) to Kittykatnits. heh. :drunk:

i :agree: in the same vein, i want Tyrion to go balls out crazy in his revenge with none of this "where do whores go" crap anymore. i want him to go armaggedon on those in his hit list. and then when all is done, maybe raise some sheep and cow in some farmland and be a now-and-then sage adviser to whoever sits the iron thone (if there is an iron throne after) and says to whoever invites him back to the council, "i am done with the game." and at night he would go walking out to the pasture to some rock outcrop and into a cave, where two glowing eyes stare at him in the dark, and he says, "i'm glad to see you again, old friend."

I'm down with this doe.

Speaking of which, I feel like the High Sparrow was pulling a Al Capone, re: taxes with the Walk of Shame.

No. Just no. The High Septon is a self-righteous piece of shit. He wants to knock women down a few pegs. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Cersei's terrible, terrible crimes of which she is very guilty. She deserves her comeuppance, but the WoS just isn't it. The Faith believes they have truth on their side. They're not worried that Cersei is going to dupe them in her trial. The High Septon just wants to send a message to all women letting them know they're all whores at heart and they need cleansing. It broke my heart.

I agree, but sometimes I want to just grab him and shake him!!!

It annoys me that he won't see that he is no longer just the "fat kid".

I confess I don't know what this 'Nice Guy' thing is.

Basically the Nice Guy — as opposed to a legitimately nice guy — acts friendly toward the girl not because he's genuinely nice, but because he wants to ingratiate himself and get in her pants. Later on, if the girl rejects his advances, he gets all butthurt because he was such a Nice Guy and why won't she sleep with him? Basically the Nice Guy is Nice in order to get sex and thinks said sex is owed to him because he was Nice.

No. Just no. The High Septon is a self-righteous piece of shit. He wants to knock women down a few pegs. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Cersei's terrible, terrible crimes of which she is very guilty. She deserves her comeuppance, but the WoS just isn't it. The Faith believes they have truth on their side. They're not worried that Cersei is going to dupe them in her trial. The High Septon just wants to send a message to all women letting them know they're all whores at heart and they need cleansing. It broke my heart.

Didn't Cersei choose the Walk of Shame? :unsure:

Believe what you want, but this is how I see it and I don't think he sees it that way at all. He even stated we want to hear you confess for your murders as well as her adultery. I don't think the Al Capone idea is too far fetched, and I saw some posts that pretty much convinced me.

Basically the Nice Guy — as opposed to a legitimately nice guy — acts friendly toward the girl not because he's genuinely nice, but because he wants to ingratiate himself and get in her pants. Later on, if the girl rejects his advances, he gets all butthurt because he was such a Nice Guy and why won't she sleep with him? Basically the Nice Guy is Nice in order to get sex and thinks said sex is owed to him because he was Nice.

Well, that makes it sucky for genuinely nice people doesn't it? :(

UnbentFury, yer talking more about the Draco In Leather Pants phenomenon with Loki. I dont think of him as Woobie Destroyer of Worlds because i never really sympathized with him. I only found him enirely too visually appealing. :P Perhaps thats why the fandom wants to woobiefy Loki because hes hot. lol.

(Draco In Leather Pants for those who dont know, is taking a very villainous character and making them a sex symbol)

UnbentFury, yer talking more about the Draco In Leather Pants phenomenon with Loki. I dont think of him as Woobie Destroyer of Worlds because i never really sympathized with him. I only found him enirely too visually appealing. :P Perhaps thats why the fandom wants to woobiefy Loki because hes hot. lol.

(Draco In Leather Pants for those who dont know, is taking a very villainous character and making them a sex symbol)

Ah. But...Draco's not even sexy to me. I mean, ew. I would tear apart Loki over him any day. Also, I've always thought he was pretty lame anyway.

Speaking of that, I confess I think people are overreacting to the potential Ramsay' woobification'(or is this the Draco thing again). I highly doubt that this is going to happen. I've talked to fans of him, and even they say he has no woobie factors at all and they just like his craziness as a villian.

I confess i am afraid of season 3 because of the casting of Ramsay. The guy whos casted for the character is way too good looking, and i know parts of the show fandom are gonna Draco In Leather Pants him out hugely and this disturbs me greatly. They should not have casted a good looking guy to be Ramsay. The last thing i want to see are a bunch of crappy tumblr gifs all showcasing how Ramsay is misunderstood.

Speaking of that, I confess I think people are overreacting to the potential Ramsay' woobification'(or is this the Draco thing again). I highly doubt that this is going to happen. I've talked to fans of him, and even they say he has no woobie factors at all and they just like his craziness as a villian.

lol we posted at the same time about this. And ummm...you'd be surprised what girls on tumblr do, dearie. D:

Archived