Stanaerys Taratheon: Cracking the Pot

Techelles

I've been reading around the boards for about a month, and I've learned that there are camps. Stannis and Dany seem to be the big ones. One is loved, the other hated, vice versa, etc.

Me, I love both of them, though each has annoyed me greatly at certain times. As to who has a more solid claim, I don't think any argument can settle. Stannis would bring justice in the name of all those in Westeros who were wronged, while Dany would pay the debt her family owes to those who ousted them -- and she'd do it with fucking dragons. If ASOIAF were a choose-your-own-adventure series, I honestly can't say which way I'd go.

But what if Selyse were to die. What if Stannis married Dany.

As far as I know, Stannis has no real personal antipathy for the Targaryens. He fought against them like many other lords, but it wasn't his betrothed Rhaegar snatched; it wasn't his father Aerys burned. If they were to marry, wouldn't the claim of each be satisfied? I'm not saying they would make a good couple; certainly they are not compatible. But if they joined together, peace and stability would be a very reachable goal. Hell, the Baratheons are even an off-shoot of the Targaryen bloodline.

I've never heard this suggested (though it probably has been), and I've read ad nauseum about Dany hooking up with Jon, so tell me if you think this is remotely feasible, if either party would ever agree to it, how it might possibly come about, and what the far-reaching implications might be.

I'm not at all saying that I expect this to happen. But the notion does intrigue me. At least it would prevent me from having to watch one beloved character win out against the other. And hey, Dany just might add some much-needed magnetism to Stannis's public image.

Didn't Stannis sack Dragonstone during Robert's Rebellion... finally ousting the Targs and sending Dany and Viserys into exhile? I think Dany *might* hold a grudge.

If the match were possible it would probably be good for the realm... but I just don't see it happening.

Also, for the last time, it's "Stanny."

Stanny sounds so wrong yet so right at the same time, damn you ab for creating this word! :D

Seriously,Stannis the Mannis deserves someone better, a northern wife or even a wildling XD

Dany would probably want to leave him for love or just have such radically different ideas that if they did get married for the realm, it would probably just end up destroying it more because there would be in-fighting and such. Plus, as someone else pointed out, Stannis was the one who sacked Dragonstone and drove Dany and Viserys off of it and into exile, so she would probably (and in my opinion should) hold a grudge.

And how exactly would Stannis and Dany communicate? One is ice, the other is fire. I'm all for opposites attracting and all, but just imagine them flirting for a minute.

DANY: Does my king want some booty?

STANNIS: It is not a matter of want. The booty is mine, by every law of Westeros. Either it will bend over to me or I will destroy it.

DANY: Dracarys.

And how exactly would Stannis and Dany communicate? One is ice, the other is fire. I'm all for opposites attracting and all, but just imagine them flirting for a minute.

DANY: Does my king want some booty?

STANNIS: It is not a matter of want. The booty is mine, by every law of Westeros. Either it will bend over to me or I will destroy it.

DANY: Dracarys.

Pfff. Targaryens may not be fireproof, but Stannis is.

Archived