Stanaerys Taratheon: Cracking the Pot

Techelles

Neither of them would settle for being the other's consort. Dany would want to be queen regnant rather than just the king's wife, and Stannis is far too conservative to share his title with a woman (or anyone for that matter). The arguments would be hilarious though.

Is there like a cut-off age for women that Stannis can be shipped with? Because I have never suggestions of a marriage with someone like Maege Mormont or Arianne or Val or IDK, Septa Lemore for him, it's always beautiful young girls like Dany or Sansa or Margaery.

I hope Selyse isn't killed just so that Stannis could have a hotter wife. I do think that she might be set aside by him for that purpose, however, since he refused to renew their marriage in a R'Hllor ceremony.

Is there like a cut-off age for women that Stannis can be shipped with? Because I have never suggestions of a marriage with someone like Maege Mormont or Arianne or Val or IDK, Septa Lemore for him, it's always beautiful young girls like Dany or Sansa or Margaery.

I hope Selyse isn't killed just so that Stannis could have a hotter wife. I do think that she might be set aside by him for that purpose, however, since he refused to renew their marriage in a R'Hllor ceremony.

At least 3 of the ones you mention are pretty hot. 2 are young.

To produce a male heir Stannis needs a younger woman. It's obvious he can barely stand to be in the same room with Selyse, much less in bed with her. Due to the inheritance system in Westeros a male simply works better and Shireen is disfigured, making her less suitable than would be the case. The new bride needn't be hot, just has to have good hips. (Channeling Catelyn here.)

You forgot the Red Priestess of R'hllor, Melisandre. If I'm not mistaken, they already had shadow babies?

Stannis deserves better. After Selyse dies, he going to marry a strong, fertile and submissive wife who will give him dozens of strong black haired boys. Stannis will have more children than Walder Frey. It is known.

As to who has a more solid claim, I don't think any argument can settle.

<_<

But what if Selyse were to die. What if Stannis married Dany.

I. Would. Die.

I'm not at all saying that I expect this to happen. But the notion does intrigue me. At least it would prevent me from having to watch one beloved character win out against the other. And hey, Dany just might add some much-needed magnetism to Stannis's public image.

It is an intriguing idea but the thought makes me angry. :laugh:

And how exactly would Stannis and Dany communicate? One is ice, the other is fire. I'm all for opposites attracting and all, but just imagine them flirting for a minute.

DANY: Does my king want some booty?

STANNIS: It is not a matter of want. The booty is mine, by every law of Westeros. Either it will bend over to me or I will destroy it.

DANY: Dracarys.

Me, I was worried Stannis might be reluctant, forcing Dany to pull that old card: "I will take what is mine. With fire and blood, I will take it."

The real question is whether the dragons are Stannisproof.

Come the Night, we shall see.

imo hizdahr will become the king of westeros

Killing myself now. Leaving a long, uncomfortable letter addressed to one G. Martin.

I seriously nearly had a heart attack reading this.

NO NO NO NO NO! Stannis cannot marry someone as low quality as Dany! He's awesome, fun to read about, she's boring and stupid and... Just NO!

Fair's fair, now. Blood doesn't come nobler than Dany's, and she has more balls than any knight in Westeros. I think Stannis would see her qualities, however reluctantly (and her faults, of course). If anyone in the books leads an interesting life, surely it's the girl with dragons? Meereen is a funk; I won't equivocate. But taking it was fun, and leaving the east behind once and for all will be a moment of promise-filled magnitude and supreme catharsis.

Anyway, she'll get Stannis's attention, one way or the other.

Neither of them would settle for being the other's consort. Dany would want to be queen regnant rather than just the king's wife, and Stannis is far too conservative to share his title with a woman (or anyone for that matter). The arguments would be hilarious though.

I think you're right on every count. If anything ever drove them to it, it would have to be some necessity too great for me to imagine. Really, that's the only reason I can think of that might lead one to suspect Martin might go for it.

It might help unite the two warring fandoms . . .

I just wanted to watch them squirm...

First to begin props on the name of this thread. Secondly as a member of Danys Queens Guard I will say we want no relations or alliances with "The Stannis." Notice the 'The' before his name.

Thank you. And duly noted, Ser Judah.

<_<

Elaborate. I always thought the endless threads seemed a bit like proof. Doesn't it just come down to which family you like best? Justice is so fuzzy in Westeros.

It is an intriguing idea but the thought makes me angry. :laugh:

It makes me laugh.

Are you referring to their claims to the throne?

Yes. You didn't buy my who's-to-say line. I'm guessing you have very clear feelings on whose throne that it is in the Red Keep. To me, each of these two claims seems as just as the other, which is what Martin wants. It does make things more interesting when the author doesn't choose your side for you; I like that my brain has to work harder for its opinions. Then again, it often leaves me feeling like I can't reach any, which I guess saves me the trouble of taking a serious moral stand, so is it really harder after all? This is the story of a dog and his tail.

I wonder if I haven't just derailed my own thread...

Yes. You didn't buy my who's-to-say line.

Just making sure. :)

I'm guessing you have very clear feelings on whose throne that it is in the Red Keep.

Yep...very clear.

To me, each of these two claims seems as just as the other, which is what Martin wants. It does make things more interesting when the author doesn't choose your side for you; I like that my brain has to work harder for its opinions. Then again, it often leaves me feeling like I can't reach any, which I guess saves me the trouble of taking a serious moral stand, so is it really harder after all? This is the story of a dog and his tail.

To me, it is quite a clear cut case of who has the better claim. It can be argued that Dany has some form of a claim, but a better claim...I doubt it.

The story of Westeros is forged from "right of conquest". Someone takes over and then someone else comes along and takes over...that's just how it works. The First Men did it to the Children of The Forest (for all we know the Children of the Forest did it to the Others), the Andals did it to the First Men, and then the Targaryrens did it to the Andals. In the time between these large scale conquests, larger kingdoms conquered smaller kingdoms and powerful kingdoms conquered less powerful kingdoms (which is currently happening again).

The Targaryrens who had no heredity right to anything in Westeros--the same as the conquerors before them, came to Westeros and usurped six kingdoms. They combined the kingdoms because that made the most sense. Why would they, as one family, rule from six different seats? They were only able to do this because they had dragons...a super weapon. When the Targaryrens took the other kingdoms...no one argued about who had the better claim---the former kings or the Targaryrens? It was obvious that the Targaryrens were now the ruling house. The former kings could still wish to regain their seats and they could could still rise up against the Targaryrens and re-gain their seats; but the Targaryrens were the ruling house.

The Baratheons came along and usurped the kingdoms from the Targaryrens; the same way the Targaryrens had done to the former kings. The remaining Targaryrens were disposed and sent into exile. House Baratheon became the ruling house in Westeros. The Baratheons have Targaryren lineage; the same way many great houses can trace their lineage to other great houses. Robert Baratheon used his Targaryren lineage to ease his transition to the throne, but he was still a Baratheon not a Targaryren. House Baratheon currently holds the Iron Throne.

Therefore, Stannis Baratheon currently has a better claim to the throne than Daenerys Targaryren.

Now you can argue over whether Stannis is the rightful king, whether Robert's Rebellion was justified, whether the Targaryrens have a claim at all, whether the Iron Throne still applies to Westeros in it's entirety, or whether Stannis is somehow in the Targaryren "line of succession" and vice versa; but House Baratheon currently holds the Iron Throne and Stannis is a Baratheon, not Dany.

That's my view. :D

I wonder if I haven't just derailed my own thread...

You asked for it. :P

Archived