TTTNE: 374 - Wishes for the New Year

a free shadow

Hello all!

Summer vacations.... *looks out at cold rain*

I will try to go someplace warm early spring, don't really care where at this point. Maybe Greece or Spain, haven't even been to Spain so that is on my list.

I didn't miss the race!!! Whoop

And I tried to go shopping during the sales today... I didn't want to but I had to go. It sucked.

Ben's parents have just bought a holiday flat in Whitby so that's where I am hoping we will go at half-term or Easter, if Ben takes the time off work. Unfortunately, now his exams are done, he's down to the standard 21-28 days leave a year. I don't know how normal folk manage on that dismal number of holiday days. :-p

Hey folks!! First snowman ever made by the giddy bear is complete! It took him ten minutes and looks like a lump with a giant scarf on it :lol:

Now to make snow ice cream :D excited!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

D'aww! One of the disadvantages of living in an area with no snow. :(

Wow! Snow time wore giddy out! He just passed out on the couch without his normal routine!

Guess who's going sledding tomorrow!! Mwahahaha

Hopefully you're not sledding on the roof this time. ;)

Eira, you were right! There's truly a Cthulhu for everything. I found this while searching for something completely unrelated.

Eira, you were right! There's truly a Cthulhu for everything. I found this while searching for something completely unrelated.

:lol:

Cthulhu gets around :leer: Even with stormtroopers...

There was a radioshow here before Christmas who did a fundraising for a clean water project, and you could bid on all kinds of things for fun. Famous people donated exclusive stuff and so on. And you could also make bids to have a stormtrooper follow you around for a day, like a bodyguard :D

Ben's parents have just bought a holiday flat in Whitby so that's where I am hoping we will go at half-term or Easter, if Ben takes the time off work. Unfortunately, now his exams are done, he's down to the standard 21-28 days leave a year. I don't know how normal folk manage on that dismal number of holiday days. :-p

And that is why one should be an author or artist or anything not full time. If I could I would.

And that is why one should be an author or artist or anything not full time. If I could I would.

Luckily my job does allow me to write some of the time, but I certainly have to make time this year rather than having it spare. I usually write in August, then edit throughout the year. The editing is always the hardest part.

Guess who's going sledding tomorrow!! Mwahahaha

Is this sledding for the little man or sledding with the big man?

I presume sledding with the big man will involve

alot of alcohol and some nudity.

Don't get frostbite :lmao:

I have decided that ab could be the most perfect representation of a nerd ever...if he would just take Zar's advice on glasses.

Raining here as well Crown. But I have to work NYE anyway--payback for having T-day and Christmas off.

Keep going Wenchie...just keep going. ITs like giving birth--you have to put everything into it. All the mothers will tell you that.

I will try to go someplace warm early spring, don't really care where at this point. Maybe Greece or Spain, haven't even been to Spain so that is on my list.

You should come to Bulgaria. We have busy seaside resorts full of nightclubs, mountain resorts that are opened even in the summer; rivers and mountain lakes, beaches and mountains. It's a beautiful country. :)

ETA: Oh, and in spring there are even some places for rafting.

Evening, guys. :)

I'm back from seeing the Hobbit and liked it. It wasn't as good as the LoTR movies but quite enjoyable. Only the german voice-overs were sometimes pretty awful.

And now a friend called and told me that the New Year's Eve party we were going to was cancelled because the host is sick. Terrific. :closedeyes:

Evening, guys. :)

I'm back from seeing the Hobbit and liked it. It wasn't as good as the LoTR movies but quite enjoyable. Only the german voice-overs were sometimes pretty awful.

Evening!

I feel sorry for you, you know, watching with German voice-overs... I could only imagine the horror of the riddles-game in German!

And now a friend called and told me that the New Year's Eve party we were going to was cancelled because the host is sick. Terrific. :closedeyes:

At least you have enough time to plan something new.

You should come to Bulgaria. We have busy seaside resorts full of nightclubs, mountain resorts that are opened even in the summer; rivers and mountain lakes, beaches and mountains. It's a beautiful country. :)

ETA: Oh, and in spring there are even some places for rafting.

That sounds pretty sweet, and I heard it is beautiful in Bulgaria. Some of my friends have been there for summer vacation, but they are the types that (at least used to when they were younger) hang on the beach and go clubbing. I do like the idea of going up in the mountains, hiking, scenery - museums, old castles and monasteries, that is more my cup of tea! I did rafting once up in the north here and that was so much fun.

Archived