TTTNE: 374 - Wishes for the New Year

a free shadow

Nah, I can't carry a tune or play an instrument to save my life. Ab and I were geeking out about Star Wars when this came to me. The name's a play on KC and the Sunshine Band. My status message refers to Casablanca and the fact that the cantina band led by Figrin D'an is known for one song. :)

I can't seem to find a good Star Wars av for New Year's. I'll have to put faith in whoever wins the coming race.

We will find you a good av KC!

Also, yes, I was really disappointed with the Hobbit. It was okay but they stretched it unnecessarily and they didn't get the tone right.

Also, Les Miserables is going to be awesome, and Sam Barks is the best

ever!

Also, Hi! :)

I have 16 posts more than Ser Cantina and I've been a noble quite some time now. What kind of sorcery is this?

? That's strange. I thought Noble was after 600 posts :unsure:

zar: hipster glasses have arrived !

flyby :grouphug: to all

What did you get, Wayfarers? Are they prescribed?

Oh Look you're 88 posts from being a Noble. :cheers:

Ooh yeah, there was a time when I was well on my way to the magic 700 posts, but then real life interfered and I figured I'd leave it at 501 for reasons too nerdy for even Ab.

Not sure what happened there dreamcatcher! I'll have to catch up and find out.

We will find you a good av KC!

Also, yes, I was really disappointed with the Hobbit. It was okay but they stretched it unnecessarily and they didn't get the tone right.

Also, Les Miserables is going to be awesome, and Sam Barks is the best

ever!

Also, Hi! :)

I loved http://fc05.devianta...uit-d4l02vd.jpg but it looks terrible at 100px. :(

Poor eurocommies having to wait to see Les Mis. And ohai, he of nearly 5k posts, an old timer before your first birthday.

:grouphug: for Newsun, who we learned last night is far more :leer: than he lets on.

Ooh yeah, there was a time when I was well on my way to the magic 700 posts, but then real life interfered and I figured I'd leave it at 501 for reasons too nerdy for even Ab.

*Ahem* without knowing that you were a Star Wars fan... Everyone hit 501 at some point. Maybe you were just too scared to venture out of games! ;)

I loved http://fc05.devianta...uit-d4l02vd.jpg but it looks terrible at 100px. :(

Poor eurocommies having to wait to see Les Mis. And ohai, he of nearly 5k posts, an old timer before your first birthday.

I was going to hit 5K before New Year's until you trapped me here! :P

I agree about The Hobbit being boring. By the way, it's Rivendell, not Rivendale. #nerdrage

There are not enough words in the English language for me to express my shame right now... :blushing:

My friend just contacted me with a brilliant idea for the next summer: rent a 6-person vehicle for a week (or two) and go on a roadtrip. Isn't that fucking awesome? Now let's see if I can afford it...

Where do you plan to go? Just your country or are you venturing much more to the south?

Where do you plan to go? Just your country or are you venturing much more to the south?

We don't have any plans yet, but I think we'll end up somewhere in Spain. Still not sure if we're going to do this 'tour', or just rent an appartment for two weeks.

I was going to hit 5K before New Year's until you trapped me here! :P

That's right. It was all an elaborate trap to lure you into TTTNE. :devil:

Hey! I'm a eurocommie and I don't need to wait to see Les Miserables. It's already in cinemas in one of my countries.

Now I must ask, especially since you apparently have multiple countries: which ones?

Crown, Spain is a lovely place from how I remember. Barcelona is well worth a visit - loved that city!

JW: Are you Vicky or Christina? (chuckles, but couldn't resist)

@Crown: Seville is nice too... but Barcelona Is on your way if you plan to cross the border from France.

JW: Are you Vicky or Christina? (chuckles, but couldn't resist)

Me no get joke, Zar :-(

I want to go to the south of France this summer. Trying to convince my parents to rent a villa there so me and Ben could fly over and meet them.

Hey folks!! First snowman ever made by the giddy bear is complete! It took him ten minutes and looks like a lump with a giant scarf on it :lol:

Now to make snow ice cream :D excited!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

That's really sweet.

I don't know any Woody Allen films :-( I am rather uncultured when it comes to films, really.

Archived