So... is Cersei barren? (possible minor spoilers)

lozeldatkm

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I was just thinking. Cersei hasn't had a kid since Tommen, despite fucking Jaime practically every day, not to mention Lancel and the Kettlebacks (And Moonboy for all I know, lol)

So, why hasn't she been pregnant in years? Do you think she just gets moon tea from Pycelle every time? It never mentions that to my knowledge. Plus that would be incriminating, considering the recent events she has had to endure. Any thoughts? Did I completely miss something in my reading?

I wouldn't say she was having that much sex with Jaime... Robert was still alive so they had to be very discreet about it. The only time they had sex during present time in the books is when Jaime threw Bran from a window (at least a far as the reader knows.)

Plus she's a bit older at this time... it wouldn't be that surprising if her fertility was much less than it used to be. I actually think it would be pretty interesting if she did get pregnant again though...

EDIT: About getting fat... she has been drinking ALOT! It wouldn't surprise me if that was the cause, and they're just throwing subtle hints in that she's letting herself go. As women get older their hormones often make it more likely they will gain weight as well. But that would be an interesting twist if she's actually pregnant xD

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I was just thinking. Cersei hasn't had a kid since Tommen, despite fucking Jaime practically every day, not to mention Lancel and the Kettlebacks (And Moonboy for all I know, lol)

So, why hasn't she been pregnant in years? Do you think she just gets moon tea from Pycelle every time? It never mentions that to my knowledge. Plus that would be incriminating, considering the recent events she has had to endure. Any thoughts? Did I completely miss something in my reading?

As Lancel himself said to Tyrion, he never came inside the queen, but on her belly. Maybe Jaime did the same, and Osmund as well.

And when he first returns to KL and finds her next to Joffrey's body as well iirc.

I thought she only attempted to have sex with him... or maybe that was after Tywin died ~____~

I really don't remember them doing it at all... and bwaaah, I just reread the books. My memory is serving me poorly.

This is a good question. The prophecy says she will only have three kids. Now is Cersei was in any way intelligent, she would be trying to get pregnant with a fourth child to break the prophecy. The fact she continues to have sex with Jaime after Tommen's birth suggests she wouldn't have minded a fourth pregnancy, but there's nothing in her POV suggesting she wants a fourth child (she just talks all the time about breaking the prophecy through killing Tyrion).

She obviously asked Lancel to 'squirt on her belly' so to speak. I can understand why she did this, being recently widowed.

I think she must be barren - mainly because of the prophecy and the fact there's been many opportunities with Jaime for her to conceive.

What I don't understand is how she doesn't seem aware of this in her POV chapters.

I wouldn't say she was having that much sex with Jaime... Robert was still alive so they had to be very discreet about it. The only time they had sex during present time in the books is when Jaime threw Bran from a window (at least a far as the reader knows.)

And in the Sept as, King of Hats mentioned.

... but on her belly. Maybe Jaime did the same, and Osmund as well.

Cersei does talk about having 'other ways' to satisfy Robert (on those rare occasions) to avoid becoming pregnant with his child.

I also would not be completely surprised if she had ready access to Pycelle's stash of moon tea. Whether she sent someone to Pycelle discreetly with false pretenses or just told him to STFU and give me some tea... I don't know.

No, Cersei is not barren. She has three children and Jaime once helped her to get rid of Robert's at one point too. Cersei provided an heir and a spare with Tommen. Her relationship with Jaime continued after the birth of Tommen. We know they had sex in WF and at least once on the way back to KL. Plus, Cersei is still having her monthly cycle, a pretty big sign that she's still able to have children. She worked to deliberately prevent pregnancy after Robert died.

And also, it's not unusual for women, no matter how much they love their kids, decide they don't want any more children. It's a valid position to have. For many, pregnancy takes a toll on you and is an exhausting and difficult time. Plus, we've gotten lots of hints on just how dangerous having children can be in Weteros. Her mother died giving birth after all. So, if she has three kids and that ever valuable spare, Cersei doesn't really need any more.

After all the tragedy she witneesed i think she can't have a baby.She drinks a lot and constantly uses her lady parts to use people.She lost her first born , father and uncle and she has been rejected by Jamie she is a mess.Her only concern is becoming the queen again and if she gets pregnant that would ruin everything for her.

Cersei is not barren, she just doesn't want more kids. Lancel did not...finish inside her, for example.

Not that it's a reliable method. Then again, given what we know of ASOIAF biology, it might just be possible (a world in which women routinely survive gang rape with no proper care and no damage to internal organs - yeah, right.)

Archived