The Winds of Winter is a terrible title

I think it's the best title of the bunch.

I was getting sick of all the titles starting with "A" and having to re-shuffle my whole bookshelf each time a new GRRM book was released.

stupid A's....

What is this vile sorting order!? Such blasphemy! The right order is (obviously) by the author's surname, and then from oldest to newest within that author!

I don't want to be THAT person... but this post is incredibly offensive. OCD is a very serious mental health condition and is not something you should mock.

By that logic, we wouldn't have movies like As Good As It Gets. (Great title, incidentally.) So arbitrary sensitivity will only get us so far.

What is this vile sorting order!? Such blasphemy! The right order is (obviously) by the author's surname, and then from oldest to newest within that author!

great. Now I have to re-do the entire bookshelf.

Grouped in series' before overall chronological surely, I wouldn't want say a Dunk and Egg book inbetween Dance and Winds.

I agree that having one novel with the word "The" instead of "A" is off-putting, but I think the title is okay. My major gripe is that it probably won't even cover what GRRM originally intended to be in The Winds of Winter; he still has to cover the majority of material he intended to include in A Dance with Dragons (including, you know, the second dance of the dragons).

I don't want to be THAT person... but this post is incredibly offensive. OCD is a very serious mental health condition and is not something you should mock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

'A Taste of Winter' suggests that the realm will only receive a small sample or taste of winter. 'The Winds of Winter' on the other hand, has a more ominous feel to it, and the word 'winds' suggest that winter will spread. like wind, across the entire realm. I have no problems with GRRM's chosen title.

Archived