Any chance Twyin planned PW?

Trident full of Dogs

I'm not sure it was the Tyrells who killed Joffrey. COould Twyin have planned it?

Beforw his wedding Joffrey challenges his grandfather sauimg his own "father", Robert, was braver than Twyin, and Twyin says to Cersei something like "I thought you said he didn't like like Robert" and that he didn't go to war to put Robert the second in the throne.

Also Shae was sleeping with Twyin and she was very insisting with Tyrion about attending Joffrey's weding. What if Twyin asked her to poison Joffrey?

When the author has provided details of a conspiracy behind a story event, it's normally a waste of time to speculate that maybe there was a whole other conspiracy going on that he didn't tell us about but was actually the real conspiracy all along.

• 3 months later...

When the author has provided details of a conspiracy behind a story event, it's normally a waste of time to speculate that maybe there was a whole other conspiracy going on that he didn't tell us about but was actually the real conspiracy all along.

I agree. It would be tedious to do so. Besides, the reasons you gave for Tywin murdering Joffrey were not that convincing. And let us not forget, Tywin put an awful lot of effort not just into helping the ruling of the Seven Kingdoms but also helping Joffrey. Why murder him?

Yeah every aspect of that possibility is just totally out-of-character for Tywin. Wanting "payback" in the form of death for a silly insult from his 13 y/o grandson is, well, more something someone like Joffrey would do. And he's sooo into the Lannister name/legacy that I think he out of all people would be most against kinslaying.

• 1 month later...

Tywin wouldn't kill Joffrey publicly not when he's so obsessed with the Lannister image. The wedding was a grand spectacle, demonstrating the power of House Lannister, they had defeated Stannis and Robb and now they're back on track

Killing Joffrey would destroy this image is power and security. So it was more likely Olenna not only does she save Margaery but it also symbolises where the power lies now; House Tyrell

Archived