Prince Lewyn's Paramour

Full-Faced Braavosi

Actually, there is:

She is an old woman now. So she's still alive.

Or, the person Arianne believes it was is still alive but that is not actually who it was.

I am not saying the Rhaella thing is not far fetched, but IF Rhaella DID have a lover, it would certainly not have been a public affair, because that would have been treason, and they might have met via a fake lover, just as Tyrion and Shae met while Tyrion pretended to be seeing Alayaya.

Or, the person Arianne believes it was is still alive but that is not actually who it was.

I am not saying the Rhaella thing is not far fetched, but IF Rhaella DID have a lover, it would certainly not have been a public affair, because that would have been treason, and they might have met via a fake lover, just as Tyrion and Shae met while Tyrion pretended to be seeing Alayaya.

Rhaella gave up the man she loved when marrying Aerys. With Ser Bonifer still alive, why would she then take antoher man as a lover, if the man we know she loved was still available?

And also.. Aerys might have been gone for 6 months, but you're claiming that no one noticed that Rhaella suddenly got pregnant?

Also: Gerold is in his late twenties. Duskendale did not happen before 276AC, and quite possibly even after that. Gerodl is thus too old for that to fit..

Rhaella gave up the man she loved when marrying Aerys. With Ser Bonifer still alive, why would she then take antoher man as a lover, if the man we know she loved was still available?

And also.. Aerys might have been gone for 6 months, but you're claiming that no one noticed that Rhaella suddenly got pregnant?

Also: Gerold is in his late twenties. Duskendale did not happen before 276AC, and quite possibly even after that. Gerodl is thus too old for that to fit..

See, descriptions of Bonifer frankly do not have me convinced he was her real crush. I am biased, but he just doesn't seem like the type to inspire love at first sight and intense longing for years afterwards.

Maybe she liked Bonifer but then she got married and he got holy. He may have sworn to be celibate.

Meanwhile, she gets to hang out with Lewyn all the time and has to know him more closely from her Lady-in-waiting. Yes, I think you can disguise early pregnancy especially if you are avoiding each other.

No age has been given for Darkstar.

Honestly, my main reason for wanting to believe that Rhaella had a lover who was not Bonifer is Daenerys, thought the Darkstar idea certainly has story value.

But I kind of want to find out that Dany was a love child, and possibly a bastard. And then find out that all three dragon heads are actually bastards.

By GRRM?

Confirmed in the official app, and long before that, there was this on westeros.org

Maybe she liked Bonifer but then she got married and he got holy. He may have sworn to be celibate.

Meanwhile, she gets to hang out with Lewyn all the time and has to know him more closely from her Lady-in-waiting. Yes, I think you can disguise early pregnancy especially if you are avoiding each other.

No age has been given for Darkstar.

Ser Gerold, called Darkstar, is one of the most dangerous men in Dorne. He is a beautiful man in his late twenties with the ash-blond hair of the Daynes (marked with a streak of black), and cruel violet eyes, and he has occasionally been Princess Arianne Martell's lover. An unpleasant and bitter man, he does not care for the great fame that his cousin Ser Arthur acquired.

Being in your late twenties (26-29) in 300AC (the year we meet him, and the year we're in while the update of information took place), would place his birth in or between 274AC and 270AC

Honestly, my main reason for wanting to believe that Rhaella had a lover who was not Bonifer is Daenerys, thought the Darkstar idea certainly has story value.

But I kind of want to find out that Dany was a love child, and possibly a bastard. And then find out that all three dragon heads are actually bastards.

Cool idea! Don't think it will happen but wouldn't object if it did.

I'm curious how we know that Duskendale didn't happen before 276 AC? We don't have an exact date for it, so is there some other event that we do have the date for and have been told its relationship Duskendale?

The wiki says the Defiance at Duskendale happened around 276AC. The only other event that Aerys was at was the Tourney at Lannisport where he turned down Cersei. Since Aerys was not known to leave the Red Keep much after, it is assumed that the tournament was early in the year. I am wondering about it though because after getting that wicked burn from Aerys (when he was told he wouldn't marry his son to a servant) I am surprised Tywin even allowed Ser Barristan to try to rescue Aerys. It is like when Jon Connington was remembering Stoney Sept and he thought even Tywin couldn't have done better and the other knight told him he was wrong because Tywin would have just burned the whole town down.

I'm curious how we know that Duskendale didn't happen before 276 AC? We don't have an exact date for it, so is there some other event that we do have the date for and have been told its relationship Duskendale?

Because Aerys visited CR is 276/277AC, and after Duskendale, Aerys did no longer leave the Red Keep.

Also, in 281AC, Aerys had "not left the Red Keep in years", suggesting Duskendale happened closer to 276AC than to 281AC.

• 2 weeks later...

There might be some anomalies in the dating of the Defiance of Duskendale, as I keep finding references to it being earlier. The first one is based on the order of the entries of LC Ser Gerold Hightower on Ser Barristan Selmy's page in the white book. Some of the entries may be out of order. I know GRRM said that Ser Barristan made a mistake in his recollection of a tourney at Storm's End. At any rate, if there is a discrepancy in the date then maybe they will fix it. I think the only reason it is assumed to be in 276 is that is the year of the Tourney for Aerys II at Lannisport and it is said that Aerys never left the Red Keep after the Defiance of Duskendale.

The second reason it might be earlier is the discrepancy in Dontos' age:

Dontos Hollard who was the only survivor of House Hollard which was involved in the Defiance of Duskendale. Dontos was spared by King Aerys as he was a "child at the time" and Ser Barristan Selmy who had saved the King, specifically asked for Dontos to be pardoned. Ser Dontos dies in 300 AL and when Brienne is looking for him he is described as a portly knight of "40 years". This would mean he was born about 260. So, if we use this 276 date for the Defiance, he would have been 16! I don't believe 16 year old's were described as children at that age in this culture.

Anyway, if they can just shave a couple years off of that date or Darkstar's age ("late twenties" in app), my Rhaella+Lewyn=Darkstar crackpot could be true!

(I also noticed the app said his hair was ash-blond when the book says silver.)

Varys served Aerys for seven years, and he was called pretty much immediately after Duskendale. Counting back from the Sack of KL, that's 276, or 277in a stretch.

Varys served Aerys for seven years, and he was called pretty much immediately after Duskendale. Counting back from the Sack of KL, that's 276, or 277in a stretch.

Where did you find Varys served for 7 years? Is that in the app?

It also isn't stated if Varys arrived for or after Duskendale. Could you explain how you concluded that?

Archived