If Westeros was under Wildling law..who would you choose as

Where Boars Glow

Noye was a natural leader. With Mormont and most of the veteran leadership of the Watch away or dead, the garrison at Castle Black rallied behind him. Moreover, they did this despite his advanced age, lack of noble blood or warrior pedigree, and the fact that he was missing a damn arm (BAMF). He also had a talent for recognizing other people's potential and inspiring them to be improve themselves, as shown in AGOT when he talked sense into Jon about taking out his frustrations on his fellow recruits.

So yeah, my vote goes to the humble, one-armed blacksmith from the Stormlands.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd choose the Blackfish for reasons mentioned above. Perhaps also Edmure, you can tell he really cared for the smallfolk in the Riverlands and that's a quality I'd like in a king. Whether he'd actually be a competent ruler other than his care for his people, who can say. If Neddard wised up a bit, he'd be a good king too. Maybe LC Mormont as well.

Aside from obvious contenders for the throne, Brynden Tully. Capable fighter, tough negotiator, good judge of character, and much more intelligent than many give him credit for. Who knows, he might end up leading an army of Free Folk by the end.

The Blackfish isn't generally seen as intelligent? I thought he was from my first reading. Seemed to be one of his great-nephew's most trusted advisors, and I didn't take Robb as someone that looked to him solely because of blood.

Jon Arynn thought highly of him too.

Archived