Who Would You consider an ANTI-HERO? Who's your Favourite Anti Hero? Apart from Jaime Lannister....

bloodofthedragonqueen

He went from minor protagonist to major villain after his betrayal of Winterfell and the people who lived in it. His internal conflicts about his deeds do not make him an anti-anything. Who he is now is a shell of a man. Objectively speaking he is nothing because he is not making a difference for an established force of good or evil. As far as Jeyne Poole is concerned though, Theon is a hero.

Unless one is working with the binary code of Starks=heroes, opponents of Starks=villains then I don't see how his taking of Winterfell turns him into a major villain. Moreover, even if they is a true measure of determining heroics then both Jaime and Tyrion are sraight villains because they both have fought against the Starks also.

Additionally, I think it is important to note that even when he took Winterfell he took it was almost no bloodshed and his intention was the rule them honorably until things started to sink all around him. Thus, he wasn't performing any overly villainous acts just for shits and giggles.

My favorite Anti-Heroes/Anti-Villians

1. Theon Greyjoy

2. Sandor Clegane

3. Jaime Lannister

4. Arya Stark

5. Tyrion Lannister

6. Lady Stoneheart

I think you should put up your definition of hero, anti-hero and villain. Cause in my opinion, Catelyn is not at all an anti-hero and neither are Tywin nor Cersei villains.

Wikpedia says:

In literature, an antihero (or antiheroine as the female) is a protagonist who has no heroic virtues or qualities (such as being morally good, idealistic, courageous, noble, and possessing fortitude, blurring the line between hero and villain.

I'm not really sure that Jaime is an anti-hero, to be honest. He's certainly flawed enough, but behind the cynicism and the arrogance, he can be actually quite heroic in the most idealistic sense of the word. I mean, at least to me, the line between the hero and the villain (which is essencial) is not really blurred with Jaime. To me, Tyrion and Arya are closer to anti-heroes :dunno:

I think you should put up your definition of hero, anti-hero and villain. Cause in my opinion, Catelyn is not at all an anti-hero and neither are Tywin nor Cersei villains.

Wikpedia says:

In literature, an antihero (or antiheroine as the female) is a protagonist who has no heroic virtues or qualities (such as being morally good, idealistic, courageous, noble, and possessing fortitude, blurring the line between hero and villain.

in response to wiki : Bronn ?

Wikpedia says:

It rhymes with Peon.

Darkstar. Darkstar. Darkstar. Darkstar. And Darkstar.

Darkstar isn't an anti-hero, but a true blooded hero as who else in the series is willing to risk the dangers of saving the realm from the menace that is an 11 year old girl?

Archived