Who is more/something else than he/she appears?

Ice Turtle

Who from non POV characters is hiding his real identity, some great magical ability or some life changing secret?

I found few suspects:

Lemore - most common guess is that she is in fact Ashara Dayne

Alleras - almost confirmed being in fact Sarella Sand

Mormont's raven - is no common bird but a warg controlled by Bloodraven

Patchface - that he has ability to see the future everyone ignores is one of his less creepy traits

Pate - is literaly no one as a FM

Ser Robert Strong - is undead corpse of Gregor Clegane

the tall gravedigger at QI - is most probably Sandor Clegane

Missandei - all right no theory there but there is something off with the girl

Green Grace - is suspected to be the Harpy

the bad black cat in RK - was once Rhaenys' kitten

Val - I think she has more power among free folk than Jon thinks and that after Dalla's death she gained some kind of significant, probably religious status

Howland Reed - besides being most elusive man in Westeros and knowing who Jon's mom is he spent a winter among green men, he has to know some weird magic stuff

Varys - is maybe Blackfyre

Is there anyone else?

Based on those you've listed.... I believe

-Lemore is simply Lemore. No secret identity

-Sarella Sand and Alleras are one and the same

-Mormont's Raven is warged

-Patchface could be a prophet of some sort, but I think it's foreshadowing for the readers rather than him actually seeing the future

-Jaqen is now Pate

-Robert Strong is Gregor Clegane

-Gravedigger is Sandor Clegane

-Missandei is just Missandei

-Green Grace is the Harpy

-Black cat is Balerion

-Val is just Val I think

-Howland Reed may have some secrets, but I'm not sure how much magic he actually knows

-I don't think Varys is himself a Blackfyre, but may have a connection.

You also forgot one of the main ones..... Aegon. Is he actually Aegon, or a Blackfyre, or Illyrio's son etc.?

The question on Sarella/Alleras is this: how exactly does a 20-something year old woman convincingly pretend to be a man without the aid of magic? And I remember all of these except for the black cat and the tall gravedigger - anyone want to remind me? I'll give you an internet cookie if you do.

As for Missandei, I never got the impression that anything was off about her at all, but maybe that's just me (if anything I thought she was one of the nicest characters in the series, sort of a rare comodity).

The only character who really strikes me as a mystery is goddamn Patchface.

The question on Sarella/Alleras is this: how exactly does a 20-something year old woman convincingly pretend to be a man without the aid of magic?

People have done it in real history countless of times. She's probably relatively flat-chested or wears ambiguous clothing, cuts her hair short and disguises her voice.

Coldhands absolutely counts. His identity has not been revealed yet, at least.

Anyone going to answer my needy query about the cat and the gravedigger? :P I can't exactly look them up as "cat" and "gravedigger" aren't really names.

When Brienne visits the Quiet Isle (I think that's the name) there's a freakishly tall man digging graves in the distance, and a really bad tempered black horse in the stable.

Oh shoot, the rest is a spoiler and I forgot how to properly post those. Anyway, it's probably in AFFC.

Arya tries to catch the black cat in GoT. Tyrion and Shae may run into it later during their time together. Tommen befriends it even later, I believe, once he's crowned.

There's also reference to the Mad King's daughter having a black cat with her when she's killed near the end of Robert's rebellion much earlier. Many people are wondering if it's the same black cat, what the cat may have seen or know, and if there could be more to it.

Archived