Jaime, Tywin, and Tyrion: The better soldier?

Arrein The Only

I'm not defending his rape of the girl, but the way the criticism of Tyrion was stated was weird and made no clear reference to rape. It even implied that the rape was not problematic.

Coming after...

Uh, she was a whore.

And then you talk about someone else implying rape isn't problematic?

Maybe to avoid having to fight a war in order to justify you breaking the law. Save tens of thousands of lives and all that jazz. . .

Renly believed the realm would rebel against Stannis. Let's be fair to Stannis, he was in no fit state to deal with the Lannisters at that point. Not through honest means at least.

Renly believed the realm would rebel against Stannis. Let's be fair to Stannis, he was in no fit state to deal with the Lannisters at that point. Not through honest means at least.

He could have easily dealt with the Lannisters if his own brother did not commit treason against him.

He'd have had the strength of the Stormlands if Renly remained loyal, and possibly the Reach too if Renly wanted to go the extra mile and bring his boyfriend's House along too.

Such a shame he couldn't even gain his own brother's trust and loyalty through his winning personality.

He had at least 5,000 men at Dragonstone, with the Stormlands' army, he could have fought the Lannisters, especially considering they were busy with Robb at the time.

Such a shame he decided to go after his poor brother instead.

Such a shame he couldn't even gain his own brother's trust and loyalty through his winning personality.

Such a shame he decided to go after his poor brother instead.

I would blame that primarily on Renly. He is the usurper, not Stannis. It had little to nothing to do with personality, Renly saw an opportunity (he had more men sworn to him than Stannis and he was free to use himself to make a marriage alliance) and pounced.

I love Renly. He had courage. He saw himself as being the most just and most moral King for Westeros. He said, "Sod birthright". He raised his banners and went for it. Good on him.

Aaaaannnndddd..... I love Jaime for similar reasons. That's why I'd trust him with my army above Tyrion and Tywin :-p

If you know Jaime Lannister is in the vanguard you can

a) be extra-confident

b ) crap your pants

depending on what side you are.

Jaime, obviously. He's the best swordsman in the Seven Kingdoms. He has that certain... demeanour of confidence which inspires fear among his enemies and bravery among his soldiers.

Imagine you require a trial by combat and the other guy's champion happens to be... Jaime Lannister. So the Kingslayer turns up, takes off his helmet and smiles at you like "You don't stand a chance against me". You see the look in his eyes, his golden armour and... that's when you know you are already dead.

If you know Jaime Lannister is in the vanguard you can

a) be extra-confident

b ) crap your pants

depending on what side you are.

Jaime, obviously. He's the best swordsman in the Seven Kingdoms. He has that certain... demeanour of confidence which inspires fear among his enemies and bravery among his soldiers.

Imagine you require a trial by combat and the other guy's champion happens to be... Jaime Lannister. So the Kingslayer turns up, takes off his helmet and smiles at you like "You don't stand a chance against me". You see the look in his eyes, his golden armour and... that's when you know you are already dead.

Well if i had no choice then i'd guess i'd smile back lol.

Archived